Which team do you dislike but don't know why? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Which team do you dislike but don't know why?

It pleases me to see there are others in the world who share the same foible. I'll have to make sure the missus reads this thread, she seems to think I'm a bit weird because of my disliking of WBA when really, it's quite a normal thing.
Because there are other people on here who feel the same does not make it a normal thing.
Probably the reverse actually.

Can't actually think of any particular team 'for no reason'.

For purely selfish reasons I temporarily dislike any single team that lets me down in my "Goals, goals, goals" accy on a Saturday. Recent examples are Blackburn, Oldham and Exeter.

Temporarily liked Bristol City when they got a futile consolation goal in injury time so that all ten of my predictions came good. I was probably far more pleased than their own fans.

I dislike Spurs, the reason being is that pretty much every Spurs fan I’ve ever met has an air of entitlement where football is concerned.
They had a winning side about 60 years ago but still bang on about the glory days.
Tossers one and all.

I have actually never met a spurs fan that has any sort of air of entitlement like that. Maybe it's a generational thing, but pretty much every spurs fan i know (around 30-40), has never seen any sort of success in their lifetime.

What winds me up about spurs, is that their fans seem to have more hatred of Arsenal and Liverpool than they do actually like spurs. They take more glee in Arsenal's demise than they do in their own progression.

I suppose it's borne from being the lesser of the two rivals for so many years and finally they are just about ahead of them and they seem to be enjoying it so much.... but it's incredibly sad because they are only very marginally better than them to be honest. They spent years slating Arsenal in the former years of Wenger's reign, laughing at them celebrating 2/3/4th places, yet do exactly that now. There's nothing I dislike more than hypocrites - hence I don't have a lot of time for spurs. They are very quick to laugh at other clubs they deem to be in decline, seemingly ignoring the fact they've achieved fuck all for many many years other than a league cup back in 2008 or something.

My favourite wind up to them is that they have spent so long slating arsenal, but they dont even realise they are Arsenal 10 years behind, and without the actual success Arsenal had. Selling off their best players to pay for stadium debts, forced to let their best players to leave because they run out of contract, and they have just not replaced the good defence they had 2-3 years ago that is now either aging/leaving - just like arsenal have struggled in defence for pretty much the last 10 years. It really gets to them, particularly when you point out that the only 'success' they had was a dismal CL final that they were awful in, and coming 3rd place in a two horse race.

Last edited:
Because there are other people on here who feel the same does not make it a normal thing.
Probably the reverse actually.
You might just be right there however, if we suffer from it then I think it's fair to say other teams supporters will have it as well...... I wonder how many of them would say "Gillingham" if they were asked the same question! A good few, I think.

I understand shotshy's reasons but that's half the league!

Middlesbrough

Another vote for Middlesborough here. Probably for a different inexplicable reason to yours Jo but would add that I've never watched a game of there's on TV.

I have actually never met a spurs fan that has any sort of air of entitlement like that. Maybe it's a generational thing, but pretty much every spurs fan i know (around 30-40), has never seen any sort of success in their lifetime.

What winds me up about spurs, is that their fans seem to have more hatred of Arsenal and Liverpool than they do actually like spurs. They take more glee in Arsenal's demise than they do in their own progression.

I suppose it's borne from being the lesser of the two rivals for so many years and finally they are just about ahead of them and they seem to be enjoying it so much.... but it's incredibly sad because they are only very marginally better than them to be honest. They spent years slating Arsenal in the former years of Wenger's reign, laughing at them celebrating 2/3/4th places, yet do exactly that now. There's nothing I dislike more than hypocrites - hence I don't have a lot of time for spurs. They are very quick to laugh at other clubs they deem to be in decline, seemingly ignoring the fact they've achieved fuck all for many many years other than a league cup back in 2008 or something.

My favourite wind up to them is that they have spent so long slating arsenal, but they dont even realise they are Arsenal 10 years behind, and without the actual success Arsenal had. Selling off their best players to pay for stadium debts, forced to let their best players to leave because they run out of contract, and they have just not replaced the good defence they had 2-3 years ago that is now either aging/leaving - just like arsenal have struggled in defence for pretty much the last 10 years. It really gets to them, particularly when you point out that the only 'success' they had was a dismal CL final that they were awful in, and coming 3rd place in a two horse race.

Work with a Spurs fan who goes on about how great they are/were! My response is always ''The last time you won the league my mum and dad hadnt even met'' Im nearly 57!

For some unknown reason I have always disliked West Bromwich Albion and I really love it when they lose a game (they are 0-1 down at the moment to Everton and secretly I am loving it). I have no idea why I dislike them so much, I have never been to their ground, never seen them play live - just got no time for them. Are there more on here with a similar dislike of a certain team for no apparent reason?
Ive never forgiven them for beating us at their place i think in our first season in the championship. I think they beat us 3-1 but it was due to some very dubious ref decisions, particularly Ruel Fox (i think?) running the ball out right in front of us that wasn't picked up by the ref.

Enigmatic dislike = Luton Town.

Considered dislike = Leeds Utd , probably because of the extraordinary large proportion of yobs who follow them around the country.

Work with a Spurs fan who goes on about how great they are/were! My response is always ''The last time you won the league my mum and dad hadnt even met'' Im nearly 57!

Oh a few do like to go on about how good they think they are now. But not so much about how good they were. As I say, maybe a generational thing, as the ones i know are younger so actually never experienced that success.

I would have thought that in fact most spurs fans would avoid talking about how good they used to be, since it's a specific point of much piss taking by arsenal/opposition fans, that all the photos of them when they were good are in black and white. There's a mildly amusing meme of some smoke coming out of their new stadium and the meme is that they have just dusted off their trophy cabinets.

I would have thought they would want to avoid that conversation rather than bring it up. It would be like asking for someone to take the piss.

West Ham fans are far worse IMO (the west ham way, won us the world cup etc.)

You might just be right there however, if we suffer from it then I think it's fair to say other teams supporters will have it as well...... I wonder how many of them would say "Gillingham" if they were asked the same question! A good few, I think.
You are right. I think we are one of the most disliked teams in the EFL and I put forward these reasons:

Controversial chairman
Controversial manager
"Victorian" away end
Away fan ticket prices
Beaten team supporters particularly hate losing to a team perceived to be virtually Southern League.

ooooh Mozzer - any more comments like that and you might have to consider changing your name to GILLETTE!!! Lovely put down........

Aston Villa for me - just the most boring club in the history of football. I mean, I just sort of nothing them, but I don't think I would ever willingly watch a Villa game.

I mean, in the rest of the west midlands, there are clubs you can enjoy or get along with. Wolves and West Brom are up an down, making them interesting, and genuinely good places for an away game. Birmingham are closer to being boring, but better than Villa. Walsall are the "Gillingham" of the area so can hardly dislike on them.

Boro are definitely similar, what is the point of them? The boring neighbour of the hilarious on off dumpster fire that is Newcastle and Sunderland.

I'm in there with Middlesbrough though now they've got Colin and manager they're slightly more entertaining. And Birmingham. I think there's plenty of lower league fans would say us