WHICH ASTON VILLA PLAYERS ARE OUT OF CONTRACT THIS SUMMER | Vital Football

WHICH ASTON VILLA PLAYERS ARE OUT OF CONTRACT THIS SUMMER

Thanks Mike so we are saying goodbye to Gabby then thank goodness
we arent replacing like for like oh wait a minute McCormack pheew
some things never change.Hitting

No probs mate, with JF swamped I thought I'd do it lol

You look at that list of players, the supposed talent there that are a drain - it's infuriating.

There are questions over those who could leave this summer. Then another set of questions over those still in contract but who have no real future with us.

Re this summer's departures, I'd dearly like us to find a way of keeping both Hutton and Terry. Wouldn't rule out Johnstone even if we stay down; the grass isn't always greener in the PL. Keeping Snoddy and Grabban highly desirable. The huge question is, what can we afford? Would expect Samba and Bunn to go, but not 100% sure.

The longer contracts have some obvious deadwood we need to shift. Would we keep any of Richards, de Laet, Gil, Elphick, Gollini, Gardner, McCormack, Tshibola?

De Laet might have a future if Bruce thinks Elmo needs competition. Tshibola is doing fine with Kilmarnock (as is Steve Clark) but Bruce has shown no interest so far. If Elphick hasn't recovered from his injury at Reading we might not be able to move him on, but I don't think it was that bad.

I suppose this discussion will have to wait till after the play offs. But next season looks a wee bit difficult if we stay down.