Where's Thommo? | Vital Football

Where's Thommo?

Bucksimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Not been on again recently, have I missed something? Surely the BBC haven't been offended again.

Pretty sure he did the last home game. As travel by commentators isn't allowed to away games not a lot of point him travelling some distance to watch it on the TV in Radio Lincs foyer

Oh, guess it seems a while since the Donny game!
But Mark Hone did the Hull trophy game from the foyer.

He did make an 'unfortunate' comment with regards to a Northampton substitute (Caleb Chukwuemeka) in our game against them, making reference to the fact that he hoped he didn't come on (on the basis he couldn't pronounce his surname).

This may have no relevance to anything, but I thought at the time it wasn't the most clever thing to say and I'm pretty sure someone from Sky Sports Cricket has got into trouble previously for something very similar to this.

As I say, may be irrelevant and we will hear his dulcet tones coming over the airwaves on Saturday.

Mike Bushell showing the way this morning.
On the cricket, "the fat person is getting ready to sing, as they say".
No Mike, nobody says that! FAT LADY, or don't bother, a simple "England are fucked" will do :LOL:

While the quotation "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" is variously attributed on the internet to a Basketball commentator from 1976, I suspect many of us think it is much older than this and an alternative reference relates to the valkyrie Brünnhilde who is generally a very buxom lady whose farewell scene leads directly to the finale of the whole of Wagner's five and half hour long Ring Cycle.

Interestingly, (to me anyway) is that the lady in question sings for a full 20 minutes, which is the most common time for Lincoln City to score during 2020/21. So even when the fat lady sings, the Imps still have time to score.

Keep the faith and Up The Imps.

While the quotation "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" is variously attributed on the internet to a Basketball commentator from 1976, I suspect many of us think it is much older than this and an alternative reference relates to the valkyrie Brünnhilde who is generally a very buxom lady whose farewell scene leads directly to the finale of the whole of Wagner's five and half hour long Ring Cycle.

Interestingly, (to me anyway) is that the lady in question sings for a full 20 minutes, which is the most common time for Lincoln City to score during 2020/21. So even when the fat lady sings, the Imps still have time to score.

Keep the faith and Up The Imps.

I thought it was to do with the Proms where the last night of the Proms concludes with (as you say) the normally "buxom" Opera singer singing all the "Rule Britannia" and " Jerusalem" etc.