Where would Celtic rank in the EPL in terms of size? | Vital Football

Where would Celtic rank in the EPL in terms of size?

paddybhoy77

Vital Newbie
In light of the recent Vital Celtic article where the Aston Villa supporters claimed Leicester are a bigger club than Celtic.

Without Sky money, there would still only be two, maybe three clubs "bigger" than Celtic.

Manchester United and Liverpool. Can't really think of a third to be honest.

Thoughts?

Do you honestly believe a Liverpool or a Man U would be as big as Celtic after three or four years in the SPFL? I doubt it very much, reverse that, if Celtic were in the English league their full potential would be unleashed, then we could only be compared with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. When you're getting 60,000 (or very damn near) against teams such as Livi and Ross who we are playing a minimal four times a season is absolutely amazing, the English have a bigger house is all.

Do you honestly believe a Liverpool or a Man U would be as big as Celtic after three or four years in the SPFL? I doubt it very much, reverse that, if Celtic were in the English league their full potential would be unleashed, then we could only be compared with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. When you're getting 60,000 (or very damn near) against teams such as Livi and Ross who we are playing a minimal four times a season is absolutely amazing, the English have a bigger house is all.
Spot on mate!

With the sort of TV money that English teams get, we'd be a completely different level of club. I genuinely think we would be able to compete for the Champions League after a few years of English TV money. I can understand us still being considered below Liverpool or Man Utd because they have history like us but they've had the financial ability to grow their brands worldwide for a long time now. We have a global reach but that's largely thanks to Scottish and Irish fans moving to live in other parts of the world as well as some of our foreign players helping too such as Nakamura in Japan, Larsson in Sweden, Ki in South Korea. Until we started having sucess in Europe and growing the brand through the exposure of European football, we wouldn't be as big as the biggest clubs in Europe right now.

Latest Celtic News