Where will we play the Tottenham U21 match? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Where will we play the Tottenham U21 match?

I know it has changed since 1950, but what is the real point of this competition to the 'lower' ranks?
Playing Bury in the old days might have been a fantastic, one-off game. but be fair - whose ever under-21 squad individuals should piss past us anyway!

I know it has changed since 1950, but what is the real point of this competition to the 'lower' ranks?
Playing Bury in the old days might have been a fantastic, one-off game. but be fair - whose ever under-21 squad individuals should piss past us anyway!

If it makes you feel any better, the Scottish equivalent has teams from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, u21s from the Scottish premiership, and the teams who finished 5th and 6th in the English conference.

Scally could ask Charlton to lay on coach transport. They know the route :-)

I'd sooner they brought back the Anglo-Italian cup to be honest. Get a few international away days to empty stadiums

Ha, imagine if Scally asks them to run the Valley Express!

Am I right in thinking this is the first home game being played at a neutral venue since the 70’s or so? I think hooliganism led to a game being played at Gravesend or so.

A Charlton mate has sent me a few posts from their message board:ROFLMAO:

CDC4E421-1E03-47CC-B0DB-235FFEA587C3.jpeg

35F4D01D-A770-4CE9-9808-28699136DB70.jpeg

£15 for an adult ticket, along with the cost of getting to The Valley and back. That really is taking the piss.

£15 for an adult ticket, along with the cost of getting to The Valley and back. That really is taking the piss.

I imagine it will mean GFC will make a loss on this game financially, not that we would have had record gate receipts had it still been played at our beloved Priestfield stadium.

Is there any point in making it cheaper if it’ll probably only lose Gills further money?

Is there any point in making it cheaper if it’ll probably only lose Gills further money?

Can you not see a reason why the club should show some good will to supporters wishing to attend after moving a home game to a neutral venue 26 miles away?