Where will we finish? | Vital Football

Where will we finish?

Th10

Vital Squad Member
I think we'll get promoted as 2nd as I can't see Blackburn dropping points. I feel we're the better side but I can see them edging it over us and I think Shrewsbury will miss out. Thoughts?

Listened to Radio Lancashire from 5:30 to 6:00 And Rovers fans commenting that they had been a tad fortunate to win the last 2.

Plenty of dropped points yet from all 3 of us.

Gut feeling is Blackburn win the league. They just don’t look like slipping up. One loss in around 30 games or something along those lines is just incredible and they have the better set of fixtures, playing mid table teams with one eye on the beach. Take Tuesday for example, they go to mid table Gillingham while we have to play a Rochdale team fighting for their lives. I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if they win every game they have left. Meaning we’d have to win all of ours which we are more than capable of doing but I just don’t see happening. Tell you what though it would really frustrate me if they win the league. We’re a better team but all those stupid dropped points at home around Christmas time and before the Man City game would have been what ultimately cost us.

Wigan 104 points max
Blackburn 103 points max
shrews 99 points max
predicated 100 points to win the league so five wins and two
draws should be enough
BC

I don't possess the pessimism that Blackburn can't possibly drop points while we will.
I don't share the view that they have the better run in, they clearly dont!
Charlton and Peterborough are both toughies. Gillingham away on a Tuesday night is not ideal. They also have 4 away fixtures to play.

One thing we have done all season, is put the relegation sides to the sword, I don't see that changing. Not room ongoing go Rotherham looked to be our tough fixture but they've blown too early. Fleetwood are the form team now but by the time we play them they'll be on holiday. We can just as easily as Blackburn easily win all our games. But both will drop points.

Champions, no doubt.

Just been reading Shrewsbury msg board and according to BBC radio lancs Blackburns Bradley dack is out for rest of season could really mess there season up that one

Just been reading Shrewsbury msg board and according to BBC radio lancs Blackburns Bradley dack is out for rest of season could really mess there season up that one

Not as bad as first feared apparently. It's down to our own devices I'm afraid just as it should be.

We will win the league can see Blackburn dropping points against Charlton are hardest game I think will be Rochdale get past them then it should be plain sailing

Fleetwood could be OUR hardest game. Rochdale don't know where the goals are, we'll beat them.

And they have scored 43 goals in 39 games!!!!

I want us and Blackburn to go up , not bothered which way 1st or second , i also want Bolton to stay up , some good local games next season ..

I want us and Blackburn to go up , not bothered which way 1st or second , i also want Bolton to stay up , some good local games next season ..

When we secure Automatic promotion , we will all want to go up as Champions but at this moment just getting promotion is acceptable.

am confident we will edge as Champions. At present Rovers are sneaking wins and could soon slip up. Beat Rochdale, then home to Rotherham and Oxford. Win those two and we will coast it. Expect Rovers to slip at Gillingham, and Shrews to struggle at Bradford after the Wembley loss.

Ulitmate objective is to be back in the Championship where we belong. If it was any other team than Blackburn, I’d accept second. I know the manager and team want to finish first. I think the next team to not win, is getting second. With everyone fit, I still back our squad. Any word on Dack?

Would love to know where all this optimism about Gillingham doing us a favour has come from. They hate us, Dack’s old club, lost three of their last four, well and truly in beach mode. Easy win for Rovers, if they slip up between now and May it’ll either be against Peterborough or Charlton.

There is still a long way to go, and with the 3 points for a win what seems certainties can change very quickly.
Although second spot looks good, i would not be surprised if we fell at the final hurdle and finished 3rd.
Football is an unforgiving mistress.