• 23rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taylor82

Vital Squad Member
YOU decide!

article-1024688-01807CB500000578-179_468x789.jpg

Sabri Montanier, you have been evicted, please leave the City Ground.

I’m sure most are as impressed with our additions as i am.
In the only game they played together McKenna and Soh looked to me an impressive pairing in central defence especially considering they had both just been signed.
i wont go through the rest of the team but the additions massively improve us from last season.
Its all a question of gelling but knowing their quality they should gel reasonably quickly.
i am going to stick my neck out for a definite top six and a possible top two.

Impossible to say

We have thrown away 12 points already which usually means curtains but Sunderland did that before Roy Keane took over and went up.

Literally our first choice side is likely to have only 2-3 players who finished 7th last season. Impossible to say when and how well they are going to gel. You would expect us to spend weeks or months playing like a bunch of strangers, but you never know.

If we could afford to keep this first team together I would be maybe more optimistic for next season, but then we would need a new top class striker, so...

4 losses maybe a dent but if we can put a solid run together the damage isn't season ending, Hughton needs to get a good start say 4 points from the next 2 games get some confidence in the squad. Best squad we've had in a long time and a manager who knows what he's doing just need it all to click and really it should be a top 6 chance.

Not expecting much today.
New coach, new players, maybe a new system.
Luckily after today we have 6 really winnable games starting with Rotherham at home. This gives us a real chance to pick up plenty of points whilst the team gels together.
Based on this and a bit of luck - I am going for top 4

It's been an awful start but I think we mostly all nurse some hopes we can turn it around and start climbing the table.

The season will be even unpredictable than usual but if we can get some confidence back into the squad then top 6 is still a distinct possibility.