• 9th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10th

• 11th or lower

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not a fan of the new structure of European football. But I wouldn't turn our noses up at the new European 3rd tier competition. A trophy is a trophy and we don't win those too often. Sometimes it just takes 1 title to break that ceiling. It certainly is more attainable compared to the domestic trophies. To me, playing in Europe is infinitely better than not being it in. If nothing else it allows a good chance to see fringe/youth players.

I'm not a fan of the new structure of European football. But I wouldn't turn our noses up at the new European 3rd tier competition. A trophy is a trophy and we don't win those too often. Sometimes it just takes 1 title to break that ceiling. It certainly is more attainable compared to the domestic trophies. To me, playing in Europe is infinitely better than not being it in. If nothing else it allows a good chance to see fringe/youth players.

And more games to watch. 1 a week is just not enough.

There has to come a point where you have to draw a line though.

3rd tier is pretty degrading for any international player.

I can't get behind it. Money spinner by UEFA.

So, for Champions League qualification, if we win out next three games (Leeds A, Wolves H, Villa H), we can afford Leicester to take no more than one point from their two away games against Chelsea and Man Utd. At worse that would leave us three points behind Leicester going into the final game but with a superior goal difference.

That assumes that Liverpool and West Ham don't also take maximum points and Leicester don't beat Newcastle by an avalanche.

It's on. For now....

I would prefer the conference cup over no European football.

Firstly, getting the stadium open for any home football during the week is a must. Even with a less than full stadium, if the football is entertaining the beers and burgers on top of the gate receipts can only help the finances.

Secondly. I'll go back to saying what I said this season. Jose should have used the EL to build a pattern of play into his playing squad. Let Skipp, Sess, Rodon, Tanganga, Devine, White, Scarlett etc get some game time in our new manager's formation and tactics and get them ready to displace the first teamers. If used correctly, either EL competition can accelerate the bigger project.

Anyway, we have a great chance of avoiding the conference cup and getting EL. No doubt 4th is probably a little beyond us.

Not that I think we will, but if we win the last 4 we have CL. I still think the Foxes are more likely to miss out, but Chelsea aren't locked in either.

If Liverpool finally find their form they will get it, but they have ManU and like us, their form suggests they won't be able to win all remaining fixtures.

Chelsea have City, Arse and Leicester. They're on form, so I won't put it past them, but if the lose to City (who will have the title to play for) they would have to win the remaining fixtures.

Leicester have Newcastle, ManU, Chavs and us. If we beat them, they'll need to beat Newcastle and get at lest 3 points from the Chavs/Manu.

Chavs vs Foxes means that the probability that at least one of them missing on CL is high.

Last edited:
3 - Leicester 34 games, 63 points - Newcastle (h), Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Spurs (h)
4 - Chelsea 34 games, 61 points - City (a), Arsenal (h), Leicester (h), Villa (a)
5 - Spurs 34 games, 56 points - Leeds (a), Wolves (h), Villa (h), Leicester (a)
6 - West Ham 33 games, 55 points - Burnley (a), Everton (h), Brighton (a), Baggies (a) Saints (h)
7 - Liverpool 33 games, 54 points - Saints (h), Baggies (a), Burnley (a), Palace (h), Utd (a - to be rescheduled)
8 - Everton 33 games, 52 points - West Ham (a), Villa (a), Sheff Utd (h), Wolves (h), City (a)

It is definitely a tough one to call. Minimal pressure on West Ham, Spurs or Everton in this equation. Chelsea have to juggle 3 competitions. Liverpool have to slot in the Utd rearranged game, knowing that Utd are still in the EL. Leicester simply have to beat Newcastle on Friday knowing they have 3 massive games after.

All Spurs can do is approach every game like yesterday. Keep everyone fresh and just relax into these fixtures. One week today we'll know so much more.

So Leicester need to only take a max of 5 points against Newcastle, United and Chelsea if we are to have any hope. Even then we are relying on is winning all of our remain games and both of West Ham and Liverpool dropping points. A very big ask.

But if Newcastle manage to take something off Leicester this weekend and City do the same against Chelsea, then it will start to be very interesting.

So Leicester need to only take a max of 5 points against Newcastle, United and Chelsea if we are to have any hope. Even then we are relying on is winning all of our remain games and both of West Ham and Liverpool dropping points. A very big ask.

But if Newcastle manage to take something off Leicester this weekend and City do the same against Chelsea, then it will start to be very interesting.

Newcastle are playing well.

It seems the Premier League are going to allow up to 10,000 fans in the final two matches but no away fans.

So, if we were in a fight with Leicester for a Champions League place on the final day of the season, that would offer them a distinct advantage.

I've gone 6th. There are some really key fixtures for those around us (ManU v Liverpool, WHU v Everton, Leicester v ManU, ManC v Chavs) but it isnt like we don't have really tough games ourselves.

It's a big task just to get 6th but the Leeds game will give us a true idea of whether we can see the season out on a decent run. After this trainwreck of a season, I'd just be happy to make sure Arsenal don't go above us and we maybe even push passed WHU.

I've gone 6th. There are some really key fixtures for those around us (ManU v Liverpool, WHU v Everton, Leicester v ManU, ManC v Chavs) but it isnt like we don't have really tough games ourselves.

It's a big task just to get 6th but the Leeds game will give us a true idea of whether we can see the season out on a decent run. After this trainwreck of a season, I'd just be happy to make sure Arsenal don't go above us and we maybe even push passed WHU.

The spam loving supporters are already making my life hell; oh how I would love to see them not finish in the top 4 - they will be unbearable for one third of next season (until they come bottom in the group stage and go out).