Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 9th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10th

• 11th or lower

• Total voters
If this is not addressed, being on the outside looking in will be a common occurrence.

Totally agree. Our primary problem is we won't spend the money on the level of player we need to improve the overall squad.

Despite having what i would consider a relatively poor window i still believe we have enough quality to qualify for a Champions League spot.

Early to predict Ex and surprisingly negative for you. I voted 5th and you see it worse than me.....worrying.

Well the point of the thread was to make a predicition. I think Chelsea, Manure, Liverpool, Mancity all look stronger than us - I had a debate with myself abouth 5th/6th/7th - which I think will be exceptionally tight this season, but overall, I can't see past our key weaknesses given that we will once again be fighting in the CL and for top 4 - so I just think we're going to come up short....

Losing Rose (as seems likely) I think will cripple us as a defensive unit and undermine our preferred attacking wing-back play.

In CM we will have to hope that Winks comes back at his best, Victors knee injury maybe a constant worry all season and dembo is so inconsistent I just can't see us getting away with it this season.

For me, it was the most critical area to do something and we decide to do nothing.

so 6th it is for me, I hope of course that I'm wrong.

4th.

City 1st, Pool & Chavs 2nd & 3rd, although not quite certain Pool will walk to 2nd.

ManU will implode and finish 5th, this would be Jose's last season, and Arse will finish 6th.

If Toby and Rose find their form we have a crack at winning the league this season.

Our problem was never in defence, and our competitors added some serious firepower.

When ManC beats Arsenal whilst having De Bruyne and Sane on the bench, and David Silva not even in the squad, the league has a serious problem.

Our problem was never in defence, and our competitors added some serious firepower.

When ManC beats Arsenal whilst having De Bruyne and Sane on the bench, and David Silva not even in the squad, the league has a serious problem.

They are so far out of sight. I can only see Liverpool giving them a run for their money for awhile, Chav's might upset them, but they could still lose Hazard - so suspect that ManC will run away with the PL yet again.

Whilst our problem wasn't defending, our weak spot in the side has been at full-back. We used to have Walker and Rose working in tandem up and down the width of the pitch. Teams used to double up on them because of their pace and fitness levels. That created more space for the guys in the middle of the park.

The mad thing is that Davies is renowned for being a better defender than Rose but adds less up the pitch and has less power of recovery to get back. Recently, his defending has been awful and was again on Saturday. It was if they could skin him every time. We need Davies to find that form and levels of consistency that he showed for period last season.

Ultimately, I'd like to see Trippier play his WC position at RWB with 3 centre halves. I'd also like Rose to be given an extended run in the side at LWB. That will mean sacrificing either Son or Moura, but will mean that Toby is in the side. If it works then Eriksen and Dele should get more space to be creative and Kane will benefit from the better crosses coming in from wide areas.

Would not like to see a 3 at the back. It worked for limited times against teams that were setup differently to the current setup of the top 4.
We lack serious pace in the front 3 to play that formation, and a DM with an attacking play.

They are so far out of sight. I can only see Liverpool giving them a run for their money for awhile, Chav's might upset them, but they could still lose Hazard - so suspect that ManC will run away with the PL yet again.
City added one high grade player to their ranks. Do we really not have the capacity to do the same? Especially after Poch achieving 2 additional years CL?

City added one high grade player to their ranks. Do we really not have the capacity to do the same? Especially after Poch achieving 2 additional years CL?

Of course we had the capacity to do just that; but as Robbie keane confirmed at the weekend, we were in for four players and failed to land any of them.

We coudl get one. maybe even two of them in January - but all we can do now is wait and see and hope that Poch has made the right decision i.e. not to pursue alternatives.