Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 9th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10th

• 11th or lower

• Total voters
I don't get this Son thing. He has to win a gold medal at either the Asian games in August or Cup in a few months to avoid doing 2 years military service.

Why would he want to avoid it and why did we sign him with this situation on the cards? We have allowed him to play in the Asian games to try and avoid him doing the service. Fifa does not recognise the event so we don't have to let him play.

This smacks of cowardice and desperation on Sons and the clubs part. If you have to serve....serve.

He won't be genuinely serving though. They'd just put him in the military football team and take photos/do PR stuff by what I've read. They've previously made players exempt when they've brought honour to the country by medalling so it's not cowardice for him to try and do the same.

Honestly I think it's ridiculous they can't just tell him he can do his service when he's 35 rather than cutting short the career of probably the best player in their country's history. I still have a feeling common sense may prevail even if they don't win the Asian games and from a pure Spurs perspective surely you don't want us to lose an important player?

Of course I don't want to lose him but the club knew the situation I hope when he was signed. National Service should not be compromised for sport. Either it's compulsory or discretionary. It's too much of a grey area right now. Like he hasn't already added to National Pride for his Country. Winning a medal in a two bit Asian games or Cup is less of an achievement than what he has done at Spurs. His country are still proud of him. The rules should be hard and fast, no exceptions.

Apparently Son was not allowed to play in the Asian games by Leverkusen . South Korea won it and all his teammates were exempted.

Of course I don't want to lose him but the club knew the situation I hope when he was signed. National Service should not be compromised for sport. Either it's compulsory or discretionary. It's too much of a grey area right now. Like he hasn't already added to National Pride for his Country. Winning a medal in a two bit Asian games or Cup is less of an achievement than what he has done at Spurs. His country are still proud of him. The rules should be hard and fast, no exceptions.

Nick , is it just me ? ......I really don't understand what you are trying to say ....................:shrug:

We DO speak as though we HAVE to have more new players, which is not necessarily so. We have a first team of young players who are getting better, some new blood coming into the first team and players gelling more as they grow. Who really knows how we are going to do this season? I do think we need to add a top striker to the squad but that’s just a bit of ‘try and make sure tactics’ and a wish list on my part. Frankly, if Pochettino sees no need to buy in, I rather trust his judgement.

So three people have voted “1st” without owning their votes and explaining them. Why would anyone do something like that? :rolleyes:

Lol, probably right Ex, but how many times can ENIC keep going to the same well of zero spend before it affects us big time ?

The trouble is Chiv, if I were the owners of Spurs, i'd be saying 'necessity is the mother of invention' - haven't we been doing this and getting away with it for years?

I expect us to concentrate on the League and win it, drop out of all cup competitions early to concentrate on the League and for Levy to be finally recognised for what he is at the end of the season...unfortunately, probably only the last two predictions will come true but you got to have faith?

So three people have voted “1st” without owning their votes and explaining them. Why would anyone do something like that? :rolleyes:

I will own up to mine. I voted 5th. (and honestly I may not even be confident in that!)

In order to land above that...we need to seriously punch above our weight AGAIN...and get lucky on the injury front. We lack quality depth in multiple positions, so we are pretty much one-deep in those to be effective.

So a razors edge is what we sit on. And what is sad and largely infuriating...we have done this to ourselves.

I will own up to mine. I voted 5th. (and honestly I may not even be confident in that!)

In order to land above that...we need to seriously punch above our weight AGAIN...and get lucky on the injury front. We lack quality depth in multiple positions, so we are pretty much one-deep in those to be effective.

So a razors edge is what we sit on. And what is sad and largely infuriating...we have done this to ourselves.

I voted 5th. But to justify voting 1st I would suggest no team has defended the title for some time. Jose could implode and the players revolt, Liverpool have so many new players they won't settle quick enough and Sterling is pants. Chav and Arse new managers rebuilding will not be ready to challenge.

That leaves us , settled manager, team spirit, some very good players . We could do it.

But I voted 5th.

Sorry Sterling plays for City now don't he. They play with 10 men if he is picked is another reason they won't win the title. This is all bollox but it's why people voted 1st.

If Toby and Rose find their form we have a crack at winning the league this season.

If Toby and Rose find their form we have a crack at winning the league this season.

So many things have to go right for us and so many things have to wrong for everyone around us. And a ton of it outside our form is outside our control.

Same as every year...yes...but I think we added an element of difficulty. Teams know us very well now and know how to make life difficult for us. Bringing in new elements so we can adapt is the key...we did not do that. We may stagnate this year and find it difficult.

So many things have to go right for us and so many things have to wrong for everyone around us. And a ton of it outside our form is outside our control.

Same as every year...yes...but I think we added an element of difficulty. Teams know us very well now and know how to make life difficult for us. Bringing in new elements so we can adapt is the key...we did not do that. We may stagnate this year and find it difficult.

Everyone else is in the same boat.

Everyone else is in the same boat.

True...but at different degrees. Some teams can switch to different options and flex very easily and have a good measure of quality depth...City, Pool to name a few.

We can to an extent, but our depth in some critical areas is non-existent and with that limited quality depth we lose some ability to adapt and change things up on the fly.

Basically we need to play lights out this season.