Where will we finish the season? August 2017 Poll | Page 2 | Vital Football

Where will we finish the season? August 2017 Poll

3rd in the league behind the Mancs, but ahead of the chavs, arse and pool.

I've got us down to 5th. I just don't think the lack of business will help. Relying far too much on the current starting 11 to hit the ground running and with injuries and Wembley + how the others have strengthened, I fear a year of regression. Thanks Daniel.

EDIT: Unless we make some worthy signings in the next 10 days.

Until the window close or Poch announces we've done the business he wants done, I wouldn't want to call it definitively; but if we had to go into this season with the injuries we're already accumulating and having sold Walker - I suspect we'd have a lot to prove.

Real Deal - 1/8/2017 12:34

Pollo - 1/8/2017 09:37

The chavs finishing 4th or lower? That ain't happening.

We have a better 11, their depth has taken a hit, and they have CL.

Time will tell.

It could. And Conte will be toast.

Pollo - 1/8/2017 13:14

We have a better 11, their depth has taken a hit, and they have CL.

Time will tell.

Has it? The only player that they sold that were involved in their squad were Terry, Matic and Costa (when sold) and they've replaced them with Rudiger, Bakayoko and Morata. Time will tell whether they've done good business but wouldn't say there depth has taken a hit. You can bet ya life they will sign another 1 or 2 as well.

So with injuries our first game line up could look something like this:

Hugo
Wimmer Jan Toby

Trippier Dembele Dier Davies
Christian Alli
Kane

Vorm
Winks
Sissoko
Janssen
CCV
KWP
?

And we think Chelseas squad is weak?

Playing two full backs as wing backs at Wembley doesn't fill me with confidence.Laughable really, we have had so many opportunities to get in the right players over the years and we still haven't. It really is poor management from top to bottom.

Nothing against Trippier or Davies either as they are both decent players, but they do not have the athleticism to do wing back roles. Seriously what is Poch thinking with this? At Wembley it will be even more obvious.

Though the window hasn't yet closed, we must expect wonders to happen in order to be in better position than last season while a number of other clubs have already strengthened their squad!

After they have run the club for seventeen years, only naïve people would expect Levy and Co to strengthen effectively and in time the squad and make it able to compete seriously for the EPL title.
They haven't done it even in occasions where strengthening the squad in the January window would have increased significantly our chances to win (unexpectedly) that title!

I fear we are entering into a 2 year decline If we don't win something this year it will be hard to keep hold of Kane, Alli, Ericksen, Dior, Verts, Toby , Rose and Loris to name a few. Wembley and the first year in a new stadium will have an effect as it has on all teams moving or building new stadiums. Add to that no streaming of games I think I might just jump in the sea off the Isle of Wight ferry. :10: But then again it could take a season or two for all these teams who buy 4/5 new players to come together as a team. As the old Spike Jones song goes "Just a minute it's stop raining, guys are swimming, guys are sailing, playing baseball, gee that's better. Mother Father kindly disregard this letter" :4:

I think we are capable of being top this season. Do I think it will happen? Yes. I do admit though that it does depend on player fitness. Let's not forget, we lost Kane for what 10 weeks? We lost WInks just as he was doing well. Janssen was AWOL, Eriksen was out for a while if I remember, Lamela was out, Rose was out, Davies was OK but I think Danny would have given us more etc. So look at the negatives and remove those for this season and we should be a lot better. OK, everyone will be a bit better I presume but we should also be better for having matured and become more practiced at what we do plus I think Pochettino will have a few more answers to some of our weaknesses in the play.

Overall, Yes, I think we will be better and just need to tighten up on everything thoughout the season and not lose concentration.

I think we'll be better for playing at Wembley and we'll establish ourselves at playing there, which will be good for the cups too.

SO it's a big YES from me. Top Spot. maybe a cup or so too. THE GLASS IS DEFINITELY HALF FULL.

Welshtel - 2/8/2017 17:56

I think we are capable of being top this season. Do I think it will happen? Yes. I do admit though that it does depend on player fitness. Let's not forget, we lost Kane for what 10 weeks? We lost WInks just as he was doing well. Janssen was AWOL, Eriksen was out for a while if I remember, Lamela was out, Rose was out, Davies was OK but I think Danny would have given us more etc. So look at the negatives and remove those for this season and we should be a lot better. OK, everyone will be a bit better I presume but we should also be better for having matured and become more practiced at what we do plus I think Pochettino will have a few more answers to some of our weaknesses in the play.

Overall, Yes, I think we will be better and just need to tighten up on everything thoughout the season and not lose concentration.

I think we'll be better for playing at Wembley and we'll establish ourselves at playing there, which will be good for the cups too.

SO it's a big YES from me. Top Spot. maybe a cup or so too. THE GLASS IS DEFINITELY HALF FULL.

Love the optimism mate, you always got me on board for a minute! :19:

TBF the Wembley thing was hanging over us to the point where the media was all over it.

The real issue is belief in Pochettino. And there is a whole thread on that.

The real issue is lack of belief in the team, year after year and match after match.

But you leave out that when the team perform better than predicted, they’re still called underachievers. ‘struth!