Where will we finish the season? August 2017 Poll | Vital Football

Where will we finish the season? August 2017 Poll

D

Departed

Two weeks til we kick off against Toon and once again it is time for prognostications.

SInce I am the self declared king of predictions in where we will finish:

Premier League Champions.

6th here.

Others improved/we have weakened (what ever your views on Walker)/ no new blood so far/Wembley

I reckon we get pipped yet again and my money is on city. Why do people think we will finish outside the top 4 lol.

Every team has CL except arsenal who have EL. Its all to play for.

80deg16minW - 31/7/2017 12:47

Two weeks til we kick off against Toon and once again it is time for prognostications.

If i were you i'd keep yer prognostications firmly inside yer pants mate :17:

Taricco the yid - 31/7/2017 14:30

I reckon we get pipped yet again and my money is on city. Why do people think we will finish outside the top 4 lol.

All have bigger/better squads

Greavswasthegreatest - 31/7/2017 14:40

80deg16minW - 31/7/2017 12:47

If i were you i'd keep yer prognostications firmly inside yer pants mate :17:

My wife hacked Greavsie's account!

Probably because every one of our rivals have strengthened their teams, we've weakened ours and we are likely to start the season with 0 new signings and without our first choice left back, our first choice DM and arguably our best AM.

Just a wild guess lol

Kinygerbils - 31/7/2017 14:25

6th here.

Others improved/we have weakened (what ever your views on Walker)/ no new blood so far/Wembley
Spot on Kiny plus I don't think we have a big enough squad for the CL or even Europa if we end up there.

ScottDaYid - 31/7/2017 15:28

Probably because every one of our rivals have strengthened their teams, we've weakened ours and we are likely to start the season with 0 new signings and without our first choice left back, our first choice DM and arguably our best AM.

Just a wild guess lol

I don't see how utds squad is any better than ours or arsenals. Im not shocked that we have gotten to this point and not signed one player. Levy probably has nightmares about spending 30m again as the last 2 havent set the world on fire but then again he needs to get with the times.

Taricco the yid - 31/7/2017 16:40

ScottDaYid - 31/7/2017 15:28

Just a wild guess lol

I don't see how utds squad is any better than ours or arsenals. Im not shocked that we have gotten to this point and not signed one player. Levy probably has nightmares about spending 30m again as the last 2 havent set the world on fire but then again he needs to get with the times.

Look at the numbers united have

We have Wanyama/Son/Lamela/rose out of Newcastle are we are struggling.

Remove

Shaw/Matic/Martial/lingard they are not

Blind/Carrick/Rashford/Mata

I don't argue our first team is up there with the best but a few get injured and we are in trouble, and guess what, we have a few injured, so we are in trouble lol

I've gone with 3rd. We are no worse than last year, arguably better with Janssen and N'Kodou hopefully now up to scratch with the system, whole I'd say only City have overtaken us in terms of quality, while Chelsea remain above us.

My only real apprehension is how quickly we manage to make Wembley our own, but equally if we actually manage to see off all the "lesser" sides away from home as we should do, then that may cancel it all out.

Not worried though. We will bring Champions League football back to the new stadium and everytin will be aireet!

I have gone 7 th, sorry. Our rivals signing top player plus Wembley plus Rose , Lamela and Son missing and the sale of Walker makes me pessimistic.

Even without signing nobody we should still get CL. But playing at Wembley changes things. As it stands we just don't have the players required to make a real go at it this season. Which is a load of crap as we have had plenty of time to sort deals out.

5th.

Slightly contradicting to what I said.

But the Chelsea game is massive.

Loss that and the Wembley affect will kick in massively - Win it and who knows

I think we'll just miss out of a CL place and finish 4th.

Factors

Wembley
Other teams have strengthened
We look as though we're standing still
My glass, as it stands looks half empty.