Where will they finish comp 19/20 standings @6/1/20 | Vital Football

Where will they finish comp 19/20 standings @6/1/20

To be fair, this has been a very strange season so far. To begin with, no one knew that Bury would be permanently out of the picture, neither could we have guessed in our wildest dreams that Bolton would field a team of toddlers who could only play once a month. Those two factors alone have had an impact on other teams and their chances of winning any given game, such as the effect on Lincoln for the Doncaster and MK Dons games. Then we have had the upheaval of Mr Cowley's departure; MKD and Sunderland also would not have expected managerial changes; AFC Wimbledon had the shenanigans with Mr Downes and the distraction of the humungous hole in their new stadium funding; on the positive side, Blackpool had the immeasurable boost of a takeover and the departure of the Oystons; Wycombe slashed their budget massively, but then had a large injection of cash from the Couhig takeover; and there are more. No one knows how the season might have played out for each club without those factors, but I suspect this is a season like no other.

Reading through the Season Preview I compiled, one thing is clear: within a month of writing it, multiple events at various clubs had rendered parts of it redundant. If I do well in this competition, it will be a fluke.