Where will Forest finish 2021-22 | Vital Football

Where will Forest finish 2021-22

Where will Forest finish?

• Total voters

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
With one week to go until the Championship season starts, where are people expecting us to finish?

Probably best to ask this again in a month when our avalanch of new signings have arrived and we have a revolutionised squad.

But with the season almost upon us, what are your current realistic expectations. Not wild hopes, but realistic expectations for the new season.

I am fully expecting us to make some decent signings but there is a lot of work to be done to turn around last season so I am expecting us to end up flattering to deceive and finishing just outside the pray offs.

Too early for this, better to ask when the window is closed. If it stays as it is lower mid table at best but the overwhelming probability is that it wont stay as it is.

Too early for this, better to ask when the window is closed. If it stays as it is lower mid table at best but the overwhelming probability is that it wont stay as it is.
Not really, given that the first four- five games of the season will be done by then which is a) a bit of a giveaway and b) probably the least interesting and fun time to do this kind of poll.

Do it in early September and people will just parrot our current position, unless current position was really poor in which people would just predict some fantasy rennaisance.

It feels too early just because the club have achieved so little in the market

I’m not sure. It looks like our starting lineup will look something like this:

Samba

Gabriel, Worrall, McKenna, Bong(??)

Yates, Cafu

Lolley, Johnson, Mighten

Grabban

It’s not exactly thrilling, but it’s probably not the worst team the league has ever seen. We’ve probably got as good as we’re gonna get in goal and in the centre of defence. As good as anybody in the league, perhaps. It’s just a question of whether Gabriel (if he’s still here), Johnson and Mighten can find an extra 20% to be good players at this level. Whether Yates can kick on. Whether Lolley and Grabban can find their form of 2 years ago. Whether we can compensate for the handicap of playing Bong for a game or two.

I personally think we’ll struggle, but we have a good manager and some players who might come good.

The lack of fitness due to Covid is gonna be an initial worry.I am hoping we don't get a slow start due to the lack of match fitness as we could see a similar problem to last season.I am hopeful that if we can get an average amount of points over our first half a dozen games and then get some quality loans in then we have a chance of a decent season.

I’m not sure. It looks like our starting lineup will look something like this:

Samba

Gabriel, Worrall, McKenna, Bong(??)

Yates, Cafu

Lolley, Johnson, Mighten

Grabban

It’s not exactly thrilling, but it’s probably not the worst team the league has ever seen. We’ve probably got as good as we’re gonna get in goal and in the centre of defence. As good as anybody in the league, perhaps. It’s just a question of whether Gabriel (if he’s still here), Johnson and Mighten can find an extra 20% to be good players at this level. Whether Yates can kick on. Whether Lolley and Grabban can find their form of 2 years ago. Whether we can compensate for the handicap of playing Bong for a game or two.

I personally think we’ll struggle, but we have a good manager and some players who might come good.

With current squad, I would play Mbe Soh instead of Bong and Colback for Cafu. Havn’t seen Horvath.

I would much rather give Gabriel, soh, Johnson and mighten time in the first team than go out and buy someone new.
last season I thought we had scored some really good players like knockart, arter and Freeman and thought we had a really good shot at it, we have just ended up with another member of the bomb squad and a really crap season.. so yes We need more in the squad, but lets give the kids a go before taking a risk on someone brought in!

top half for me

Too early to say for me as the window isnt really gonna take off for a few weeks and many sides will be catching up and gelling players for a while.
I think the squad has a bit more energy and pace this year and that will be useful early doors and our squad is still better than many clubs. (valued squad around 12th in the league I think) We will also have fans back which 100% is going to improve our home form,

But I think we all realise that the signings will dictate whether we are pushing top half or not

Stragglers for me, largely because of lack of good options for full back positions - though I am glad Gabriel and/or Richardson have a chance to stake a claim and hopefully one of them demonstrates they can perform.

However, with several good incomings I think it’s possible to get into pretender territory.

Not really, given that the first four- five games of the season will be done by then which is a) a bit of a giveaway and b) probably the least interesting and fun time to do this kind of poll.

Do it in early September and people will just parrot our current position, unless current position was really poor in which people would just predict some fantasy rennaisance.

It feels too early just because the club have achieved so little in the market

Certainly agree with the last sentence and its a forum but frankly we are not much better off than a complete guess as we have no idea what squad we'll end up with.

8th & all the folk whingeing on about how we’re certain to go down, that we lack ambition & our playerz are not big enough, will without a hint of irony moan that we didn’t make the play offs

Currently with what we have in and around 14th, that's with a bit of luck and no serious injuries also a few new solid additions.