WHERE WERE WE? Barkley to Chavs! | Vital Football

WHERE WERE WE? Barkley to Chavs!

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
Just saw it on SKY that Ross Barkley has gone to Chelsea for £15M.

I THOUGHT WE WERE interested in him and if so, then WHY did we not try and sign him? OK if Pochettino is not interested - FINE but is this transfer window going to be another late one IF, that is, WE SIGN ANYONE AT ALL.

I think what galls me is that everyone signs players before us.

Good questions. From what I understand, Poch changed his mind about Barklay since last summer and therefore no offer was made. I’d be interested in knowing the reasons as well. Is it a matter of the player’s wage demands?
If they don’t sign a player - that is to say - a player who could make an impact - and fail to win anything or finish in the top 4 it won’t be good for Poch. I don’t think he should be sacked or would be sacked, but it could be the beginning of the end of his tenure at the club. Let’s hope we land an attacking player of at least Barklay’s calibre who is less injury prone.

Plenty or rumours going around why the deal didn't happen but the most likely was the Chavs offered double what we did in wages.

All about the money this deal nothing else.

Of course you can't live on 90k a week these days nowhere near enough.

Pity IMO as I think a fit focused Barklay would have been a top signing... Rumours now that we are going to go for homes at Barcelona again?....

No doubt we need a top attacking m/f that can also go past someone.... However what we might need and who we might get are very much different.

Gulliam has a direct line to Poch, and here he reiterates what I was told; Barklay got exceptionally greedy - ans the chances of him playing any major part at the chav's is 1:20 - Poch would have improved him and got him playing well and consistently - he is just about to waste the best years of his career sitting on his arse...just as Scotty Parker once did and as Drinkwater is now realising he will do...'b' team players for the chav's..

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/900951/Ross-Barkley-Chelsea-transfer-news-Everton-Tottenham

Barkley, 24, yesterday signed a five-and-a-half-year deal with last season's Premier League champions.

That's despite interest from Spurs where there would have been an increased likelihood of first-team football ahead of the World Cup.

The decision has irked Balague who hit out at the England international in the Sky Sports Transfer Talk podcast.

Balague, who has close links to the club after writing a book with Mauricio Pochettino, said: "I'm pretty sure Spurs were there or thereabouts in terms of Ross Barkley as he fits the mould of what they want to get.

"Ross had a decision to make - do you want to be challenged by someone saying you must improve, you're not good enough as you are, you need to change things - I'm talking about Pochettino.

"This is a challenge that has to do with do you want to improve, do you want to see yourself doing stuff you perhaps don't want to do, a lot of things that make him a better player, but with less money.

GETTY
Ross Barkley was unveiled as a Chelsea player on Friday
Related articles

Is this real reason Spurs claimed they WEREN'T interested in Barkley?
Real Madrid news: Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos block signing

Ross BarkleyGETTY
Ross Barkley will wear the No 8 shirt at Everton

"Then Chelsea came with the money, boom, without the guarantee of being a regular. Where's he going to play? It was a decision to make. I'm disappointed."

Spurs have a tighter wage structure than Chelsea and they notoriously don't break the bank on wages under the watchful eye of chairman Daniel Levy.

Balague continued: "Do they have to pay more wages? Clearly yes.

"Should they pay more wages? Clearly not - because that would be using money they didn't have and changing the policy they've had all these years.

"There's a time they will be able to pay that, when the stadium is in full force, but honestly is there much difference between £120,000 and £160,000-a-week? Is there, really, when you're developing as a player? I don't think there is.
Ross Barkley to Chelsea: First pics of new signing with No 8 shirt
Fri, January 5, 2018
Ross Barkley has completed a £15million move from Everton to Chelsea

Play slideshow
Ross Barkley
Chelsea FC via Getty Images
1 of 7

Ross Barkley has completed his move from Everton to Chelsea

Ross Barkley
Ross Barkley
Ross Barkley
Ross Barkley
Ross Barkley
Ross Barkley
Ross Barkley

"You can see 17 out of the last 22 to make their debut with England have been in the hands of Pochettino.

"We are saying he improves players. There's a situation between Antonio Conte and Chelsea of tension and you don't even know if he will be there.

"What is the progression? What if the next guy who comes, and it won't be Diego Simeone by the way, What happens if the next guy who comes says you're not giving me enough, what about that?

"Why not ignore the money and go for something that will make you better?

"What is he going to add to Chelsea by the way, who are the champions of England."

Wilian is 3 times the player that Barclay is and he can't get a regular start at Chelski...as i said before, Barclay has gone for the money not to play football... he is a dead duck in the water now...glad we did not go for him.

I thought Crouch to Chelsea was a joke. Ii looks like it has some truth to it.