Where is Matt Willock | Page 3 | Vital Football

Where is Matt Willock

It doesn't really surprise me that you've not only never been to a free party but that you don't actually know what one is!

Yes, a free party costs nothing to attend but this isn't all that the 'free' refers to. It also means that those attending the party are 'free'. Free to party without rules or conventions about how they dress, dance or generally behave.

Any of those festivals that you may have attended and paid to be at, they all grew out if the free festival and free party scene. I know you've been to Glastonbury, and I expect you've heard of Boomtown. Do you know the history of either of these (now commercial and corporate) festivals? I"ll give you a clue; new age travellers and no entrance fee.

Nowadays, in this country at least, free festivals are not legally possible unless you limit the numbers to under 500. Much bigger free festivals still happen abroad. You do still get free parties in this country but they usually don't last as long as they once did. There was a big one ( unless it got shut down, I dunno I didn't go) in Wales last weekend. I heard they were expecting eighteen sound systems...
Yes i know the history of glastonbury. Im sure youve reminded us a few times.

I got chatting to an artist from down near your way near brighton (i think this is your general neck of the woods isnt it?) on a plane a few years ago who was on his way to what sounds like the ultimate free party - burning man festival in nevada. Im sure youll have heard of it, or even been there before. Learnt alot about it. Sounded brilliant. Although maybe thats not a free party by your definition, as im pretty sure there are exepcted ways to behave there. He explained most people were expected to help out and contribute to setting it up, which soundsed great. I think he was going a few weeks early to set up the lighting of one part, for example. Although he didnt really fit in to the typical hippy stereotype - he was on virgin upper class! Must have been a good (or more specifically - well selling) artist!

Actually, i bet even at your 'free parties' there are expectations of how to behave, dress etc. If i turned up in a smart outfit and behaved like i was at a social gathering of mates and did some dad dancing to the music on offer, i reckon id get shunned by the other party goers. Theyd probably look down at me as not 'free' enough for their party.

Yes i know the history of glastonbury. Im sure youve reminded us a few times.

I got chatting to an artist from down near your way near brighton (i think this is your general neck of the woods isnt it?) on a plane a few years ago who was on his way to what sounds like the ultimate free party - burning man festival in nevada. Im sure youll have heard of it, or even been there before. Learnt alot about it. Sounded brilliant. Although maybe thats not a free party by your definition, as im pretty sure there are exepcted ways to behave there. He explained most people were expected to help out and contribute to setting it up, which soundsed great. I think he was going a few weeks early to set up the lighting of one part, for example. Although he didnt really fit in to the typical hippy stereotype - he was on virgin upper class! Must have been a good (or more specifically - well selling) artist!

Actually, i bet even at your 'free parties' there are expectations of how to behave, dress etc. If i turned up in a smart outfit and behaved like i was at a social gathering of mates, i reckon id get shunned by the other party goers. Theyd probably look down at me as not 'free' enough for their party.

Not lived anywhere near Brighton for quite a few years now but do return there often.

Have heard of Burning Man but never been and don't know too much about it. But yes, a free festival or free party cannot happen unless enough people voluntarily help out to do the things necessary to make it happen.

As for wearing smart clothes, that would absolutely not be a problem. Indeed, me and a mate once went to a free party on New Year's Eve both dressed in top hat and tails. Yes, we did stand out but the only comments we received were positive ones. At the free parties I've attended you really can wear whatever you want, and some people choose to wear nothing at all!

Last edited:
I don’t want to turn this in to another Brexit thread - but on a serious note, ChrisWho’s comments show how dangerous fake news can be.

Sure that ChrisWho is no mug but took Nibbles’ post at face value despite it being total BS. Imagine how dangerous it would if Nibbles were the POTUS or UKPM!
#### me! I'm completely confused now about who is whooshing whom. Is it a single, double, treble or a quad from all of you?

Anyway, does this Willock chap actually exist? I think I saw him in the pre season friendly at Dartford but am beginning to doubt myself now.

Cheers for the heads up Buddha.

I was thinking that chris who was the WhooshMaster General.

I reckon I've been whooshed :bow:
I will take that as a compliment.
I mean no offence to the those who started this whooshing crap.If it was started genuinely in fun.No long term offence was taken by me.I do take life to seriously at times.But do as I have said enjoy a joke as long as it is not a attack on someone who perhaps does not fit in with what you deem as normal. Or indeed steps into the things I deem too be to serious to be a joke.This will be my last comment on this thread. As far as I am concerned the thread is closed.And any comments that I found slightly wrong are forgotten by me anyway.

Not lived anywhere near Brighton for quite a few years now but do return there often.

Have heard of Burning Man but never been and don't know too much about it. But yes, a free festival or free party cannot happen unless enough people voluntarily help out to do the things necessary to make it happen.

As for wearing smart clothes, that would absolutely not be a problem. Indeed, me and a mate once went to a free party on New Year's Eve both dressed in top hat and tails. Yes, we did stand out but the only comments we received were positive ones. At the free parties I've attended you really can wear whatever you want, and some people choose to wear nothing at all!
No doubt people thought you were doing it ironically.

No doubt people thought you were doing it ironically.

Dunno but what's it matter what they thought?!

Maybe you're right and they did think it was ironic. But in that case they'd presumably think the same of you if you turned up in your smart (or casual!!) clothes...

So you'd have absolutely nothing to worry about just so long as you didn't open your mouth and start talking!!

Only joking, mate, lol.

I will take that as a compliment.
I mean no offence to the those who started this whooshing crap.If it was started genuinely in fun.No long term offence was taken by me.I do take life to seriously at times.But do as I have said enjoy a joke as long as it is not a attack on someone who perhaps does not fit in with what you deem as normal. Or indeed steps into the things I deem too be to serious to be a joke.This will be my last comment on this thread. As far as I am concerned the thread is closed.And any comments that I found slightly wrong are forgotten by me anyway.

Well said, Chris!

Don't think anyone has taken offence by anything you've said.

And I don't think anyone meant you any offence either.

It's all good, mate.

Very sad that you think openly lying and misleading people is some how funny.I believe most people are honest and will treat them as such .Until they prove otherwise.You have just proved you are willing to lie to trap and mislead others .That is not a quality is want to share.

I was wondering if it is possible to chill out , and grow a backboneat the same time ?

Jeez, I'm surprised some on here are still posting. They seem to be so serious about general life that I would have thought they would have committed suicide by now.

Jeez, I'm surprised some on here are still posting. They seem to be so serious about general life that I would have thought they would have committed suicide by now.
Or maybe some of us just don't understand "humorous" or "sarcastic" posts for reasons other than we're not as smart (sic) as others. Or we're just not fuckwits.