Where are we as a club? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Where are we as a club?

Docherty linking up with Bale Nick? Not with my eyes...Doc consistently passed back to Sanchez...what game were you watching...how many links did Doc make with Bale? Almost feck all from my perspective. But my eyes are old and perhaps I missed something. Doc is currently negative and not expansive but at least he does not have brainstorms like braindead does.

For me it's been Bale that has set the attacking rhythm/intent we have when he is playing, together with Reggie we have better passing as well. Clearly it's not only about them, Harry can see and make a pass....ditto Toby at times, Ndom, gio...lamela...even sonny. Lucas last night has shown his positive attributes ie hustling& closing down....I don't see passing as something he has in him..for me he like lamela are best as impact subs, but credit to him for his work in getting us the ball in the first goal. Tbh I am not sure what part Jose has willingly played in our recent little run, I still see him as a don't concede and hope to win kinda guy, clearly history suggests he is more than that...but!
so where are we.....IF we can put together 75/80 mins of fast attacking football them we have a decent shout of 4/5.... On our day we could beat city.... And on form I think we will get past Zagreb.... But equally at any moment he could pick Dier, Winks,Davies/Sissoko in the same side and we would again be in trouble.Sanchez has had a good few games and is looking decent, problem is we still piss arse around at the back too much, too many passes don't reach our guy, we concede at corners/crosses/free kick s or at least look as if we will.... Lloris always seems hesitant when the ball is in the air... But, we are 6th, in a final & last 16 of EL ....so we have possibilities to make what looked a crap season into a decent one...we shall see!

Docherty linking up with Bale Nick? Not with my eyes...Doc consistently passed back to Sanchez...what game were you watching...how many links did Doc make with Bale? Almost feck all from my perspective. But my eyes are old and perhaps I missed something. Doc is currently negative and not expansive but at least he does not have brainstorms like braindead does.

The quick way to watch Doherty link up with Bale is to watch the highlights on the Spurs website. At least 3 occasions. Plus one when Doherty got a mention for freeing up space for Bale by making a run inside.

I'll be happier with Bale when he puts in a top performance against a top side. Just look at the last week. The most credible team we played was Fulham and he faded into obscurity when they got stuck into him.

We're still to find out whether he is a flat track bully in this phase of his career.

Say it again...if Bale is able to keep playing at this level...we are WAY different team up top. His distribution is on par with Kane and he CAN SCORE...so teams can no longer gang up on Kane...they now have to account for him. This is massive.

And think Ndom didn't even play...add him to the mix and I would not want to defend against us.

But the key is...can he keep it up...can Kane stay healthy...??

If they do...yeah we can get a top 4 spot...will need help, but we can do it. And yeah we can beat City to get a trophy finally.

Funny...if only Bale was fit enough a few months ago...we could be challenging for the whole damn enchilada...figures.

I'm not his biggest fan but i think that's a tad unfair Ex. We don't know the inside story regarding Bale's fitness. If anything i think he's managed the situation pretty well. We always knew that some of the new boys would take time to find their feet & Bale has been no exception.

Steve,

I'm not talking about Bales fitness - have you forgotten already Jose's defensive set-up's and negativity and his laborious useless 'low block' that has cost us at least 10 points? I've seen the players whatsapp thread, believe me, I'm absolutely spot on.

Say it again...if Bale is able to keep playing at this level...we are WAY different team up top. His distribution is on par with Kane and he CAN SCORE...so teams can no longer gang up on Kane...they now have to account for him. This is massive.

And think Ndom didn't even play...add him to the mix and I would not want to defend against us.

But the key is...can he keep it up...can Kane stay healthy...??

If they do...yeah we can get a top 4 spot...will need help, but we can do it. And yeah we can beat City to get a trophy finally.

Funny...if only Bale was fit enough a few months ago...we could be challenging for the whole damn enchilada...figures.

Bale will play until he starts feeling muscle fatigue which at the moment comes around the 60 mins mark, then he'll take him off - most soft tissue issues/injuries start when muscle fatigue sets in, so it's the smart thing to do.

As for Harry, the only injury he's really susceptible to is his ankle(S) - he's got an inherent weakness now and other teams are now targetting it, if it doesn't get him pulled off, it slows him down, dirty, nasty - but that's the game.

I'll be happier with Bale when he puts in a top performance against a top side. Just look at the last week. The most credible team we played was Fulham and he faded into obscurity when they got stuck into him.

We're still to find out whether he is a flat track bully in this phase of his career.

He's getting there and at least we are looking like we can put away teams that we should have been, that will save us chucking away points with overly defensive tactics. Which has been our curse for two-thirds this season.

Bale wasn't game fit and we ALL noticed a distinct lack of application on Base's part in earlier appearances. There isn't any way I would have played him with the on-pitch attitude that was very apparent.

Bale stepped it up. Now he's playing.

TBF to Bale, he hadn't been playing for almost 2 years for various reasons.

He's back. Jose is utilizing him, our style of play has changed.

Taking shots at the man who ultimately has implemented what we have been witnessing over the last few games is just wrong.

You do know better.

Dangerous thought process. I can only imagine what this season could have been had Jose played a system for the majority of the players rather than the path he chose. Ostracising Dele was dumb. Not leveraging the pace and power of Sanchez was dumb. Not playing Ndombele in his best position was dumb. Playing Sissoko for 25 games was probably the dumbest.

Anyway, he gets paid the big bucks. He knows best :-)

This thread has descended into stating our league position. Not exactly challenging or what the thread was about. Its Greavsies fault by using the opportunity for a cheap pun.
So in an attempt to lift it beyond a digit placing exercise....
We are in a better phase than we were a few weeks ago. Partly due to player performance and availability and a change in tactics perhaps driven by that a availability..
Nick here's a challenge for you, we are currently 7th.....Can we finish higher than that? lol!

Hmmmm.... We have a figurehead who's lost all practical power, but is fluffing the illusion, for now. The inmates are running the Asylum, and they're curing the malaise, which is bad for the doc. The Real Top Dog is doing some introspective self-flogging, and the outcome is really blurry, but not really all that jumbled if you take the tints off. We can only hope he'll do.

What if, after that Spammers match, and leading up to that big tie on 11/21, a real and serious and you almost have to laugh type attempt was made to woo the biggest fish? This is a very weird season.

Grab yer popcorn.

:smoke:

7th right now.

Don't anybody dare say we are in transition or rebuild mode.

If you look up Spurs in the dictionary, it says "transition, rebuild, never quite reach potential".

Thing is, with a decent back 4 and with Dele, Son, Kane and Bale, we could be so much more.

Wind the clock back to Walker/Toby/.Jan and Rose, with the above 4 in front and we would be killer.

But no...we're just Spurs. Don't expect too much and you'll be just fine.

7th right now.

If you look up Spurs in the dictionary, it says "transition, rebuild, never quite reach potential".

Thing is, with a decent back 4 and with Dele, Son, Kane and Bale, we could be so much more.

Wind the clock back to Walker/Toby/.Jan and Rose, with the above 4 in front and we would be killer.

I have a feeling by the time we can start to feel good about our defence, we'll be worried about our attackers again. The current ones would have flown the nest.

And so the circle of life continues.

7th right now.

10Hoddle I am always fine where Spurs are concerned, life is to short otherwise, I expect everything, ever the optimist lol!

Steve,

I'm not talking about Bales fitness - have you forgotten already Jose's defensive set-up's and negativity and his laborious useless 'low block' that has cost us at least 10 points? I've seen the players whatsapp thread, believe me, I'm absolutely spot on.

...and here we are yet again.