When will fans be able to go back? When will you go back? | Vital Football

When will fans be able to go back? When will you go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironside

Vital Football Hero
On the subject of “who’s coming in?” I’m a bit concerned about how many of us will be in there to watch any football and how often we’ll be allowed in. Reduced crowds due to virus rules could mean rationing on the number of games we attend and where we sit. How many season ticket holders have we got? If they reduce capacity to 75% capacity, which seems an over optimistic estimation, that means only season ticket holders will get to go and not all of them.

On the subject of “who’s coming in?” I’m a bit concerned about how many of us will be in there to watch any football and how often we’ll be allowed in. Reduced crowds due to virus rules could mean rationing on the number of games we attend and where we sit. How many season ticket holders have we got? If they reduce capacity to 75% capacity, which seems an over optimistic estimation, that means only season ticket holders will get to go and not all of them.
I was listening to a chairman of a cricket county yesterday who is doing the trials for crowds returning. He said it's fine when they only have 1000 people in the ground, the problem starts when there are 10000, because how do you get that many people socially distancing to get into any arena. The queues would be enourmous, add to that many of them would be young men who don't think that Covid can kill them, would they socially distance? From what I've seen so far the answer is no. Therefore clubs are going to have to refund season ticket holders surely?

Not anytime soon according to this.

Coronavirus: Entire 2020-21 English football season could be played in reduced capacity stadiums - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53556072

Regarding season tickets, it would be pointless for me to buy one, living as I do in Ireland (yes, I am aware there are those who fly over for every home game but I'm a bit older and less energetic than I used to be).
It might not, however, be pointless for me (and others) to buy an online season ticket if such a thing were introduced, especially as attendances are likely to be curtailed for at least a few months.

Yes we are venturing off topic a bit , but we have 30,000 season ticket holders so even all of them wouldn't be guaranteed going to the games , with the distancing required.

At a push you could only fit in 15-20,000 maximum I would imagine

Yes we are venturing off topic a bit , but we have 30,000 season ticket holders so even all of them wouldn't be guaranteed going to the games , with the distancing required.

At a push you could only fit in 15-20,000 maximum I would imagine

And how do you get 15-20000 people into a stadium safely? Surely they are going to have to refund season tickets, while reserving them for the time when people can go back?

And how do you get 15-20000 people into a stadium safely? Surely they are going to have to refund season tickets, while reserving them for the time when people can go back?

yes, they'd have to do it by the length of time people have had a season ticket we've had ours 16 years but my Grandaughter has only had hers 5 years as she is only 9 now probably 6 years this August. My season ticket is in my son's name so he technically has two seats

Agree. I don't think they can do anything amounting to those numbers until a vaccine is found. I am not expecting to be going next season at all.

As much as I would like this because I would benefit I don't see how they would 'have' to do it by that at all. I don't think they will either.

Squad rotation system I reckon.

doesn't work like that with Wembley tickets or away tickets though, imagine losing out on a Wembley ticket for someone who had jumped on the PL bandwagon last season and hadn't been because we were in the championship

I was listening to a chairman of a cricket county yesterday who is doing the trials for crowds returning. He said it's fine when they only have 1000 people in the ground, the problem starts when there are 10000, because how do you get that many people socially distancing to get into any arena. The queues would be enourmous, add to that many of them would be young men who don't think that Covid can kill them, would they socially distance? From what I've seen so far the answer is no. Therefore clubs are going to have to refund season ticket holders surely?
How many of us would actually renew as things stand? No Vaccine yet, Covid spikes possible,perhaps probable. So much uncertainty.

Stripped this discussion out of the 'what next' thread by deano as it was off topic but a very interesting topic.

I just don't see, as we will be approaching winter when there will obviously be flu and normal colds/bugs/viruses as well, how we can return this year, especially when you look at the spikes worldwide and the ever increasing death figures.

You could have one row empty, you could have a space between each fan (so an empty seat) but we'd still have to queue, how bottlenecked would that be at even 1 m apart? Then what, straight to your seats not standing in the concourse? No drink or food? If there is drink/food you can take your mask off, so that doesn't work. And then you go to your seat, at a distance from the next fan BUT to get to your seat, you have to go by other fans and that is close contact.

For me, since the re-location, I'm in corporate. Can they do a reduced capacity service and make it profitable? Doubt it, no idea, but .. and then again, inside, eating, so no masks, then outside, there is a bit more space seat wise, but you still have to squeeze past others to get to your seats.

And bearing in mind at this level, as we discussed in the original thread about re-starting the PL, the gates don't matter £ wise when compared to tv revenue.

Then there is the question, would you want to go back? I'd go, I think (as did my doc but no tests then) that I have had it, but then, we don't know yet if we can get it again, then if you are in contact with others who are found to have it, track and trace then kicks in and you have to stay in quarantine for 14 days, how many times will that happen, how willing would you be to risk that several times over? I'd not really want my dad going either, which would not be nice for him, but he's 81 and so at risk, and then could catch it and take it back to mom who is also at risk age and health. So then even if I wanted to go, and I do, if I then get track and trace restrictions, they are my bubble, I do their shopping etc, so I'm risking that side of things as well.

All very complicated isn't it?

Stripped this discussion out of the 'what next' thread by deano as it was off topic but a very interesting topic.

I just don't see, as we will be approaching winter when there will obviously be flu and normal colds/bugs/viruses as well, how we can return this year, especially when you look at the spikes worldwide and the ever increasing death figures.

You could have one row empty, you could have a space between each fan (so an empty seat) but we'd still have to queue, how bottlenecked would that be at even 1 m apart? Then what, straight to your seats not standing in the concourse? No drink or food? If there is drink/food you can take your mask off, so that doesn't work. And then you go to your seat, at a distance from the next fan BUT to get to your seat, you have to go by other fans and that is close contact.

For me, since the re-location, I'm in corporate. Can they do a reduced capacity service and make it profitable? Doubt it, no idea, but .. and then again, inside, eating, so no masks, then outside, there is a bit more space seat wise, but you still have to squeeze past others to get to your seats.

And bearing in mind at this level, as we discussed in the original thread about re-starting the PL, the gates don't matter £ wise when compared to tv revenue.

Then there is the question, would you want to go back? I'd go, I think (as did my doc but no tests then) that I have had it, but then, we don't know yet if we can get it again, then if you are in contact with others who are found to have it, track and trace then kicks in and you have to stay in quarantine for 14 days, how many times will that happen, how willing would you be to risk that several times over? I'd not really want my dad going either, which would not be nice for him, but he's 81 and so at risk, and then could catch it and take it back to mom who is also at risk age and health. So then even if I wanted to go, and I do, if I then get track and trace restrictions, they are my bubble, I do their shopping etc, so I'm risking that side of things as well.

All very complicated isn't it?

Very.

Warwickshire are trialling 1000 spectators going this week when they have a friendly v Worcestershire , but as my ex Warwickshire player mate said , they struggle to get a 1000 in midweek anyway lol.

Even 10000 at football would be problematic as I see it and with the cost of making the conditions Covid free then not sure some clubs would think it was worth it.

I want to go back as it’s not the same when you’re not there, don’t feel like I’m involved when watching it on the tv all the time. But if there’s gonna be too many rules (Such as being told to turn up 2 hours before kick off for example like La Liga have suggested) or expectations then I’d rather keep my money, won’t be the same. Very complicated.

Also queuing issues and gaining entry to the stadium, will folks have to turn up at mid day to avoid piling in?

Yeah, mentioned that, it would cause a bottleneck, it got bad enough at times with the extra security.

Also, sorry, but the general public - as seen by the twats from Liverpool, Leeds and Baggies - don't behave how they should which further complicates it all.

Yeah, mentioned that, it would cause a bottleneck, it got bad enough at times with the extra security.

Also, sorry, but the general public - as seen by the twats from Liverpool, Leeds and Baggies - don't behave how they should which further complicates it all.

But if that’s happening outside the grounds you might as well just let them in. Again, very complicated. We can just wear a mask, that’s seems to be the answer.

Yup, it's going to be a cluster...

And as you say, there are those at all clubs who won't follow it to some degree, so we'll quite possibly end up letting people back, then going back to behind closed doors for a fortnight, to then open back up and so on.

Even if clubs can control the bottleneck at the turnstiles....what about on the roads? What about the pubs, or will they have to close on matchdays?

If crowds are limited in size you could have a situation with rationing where you are only allowed to attend one in every three or four games.

Status
Not open for further replies.