When will fans be able to go back? When will you go back? | Page 3 | Vital Football

When will fans be able to go back? When will you go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sadly its gonna be a while unless I get days off that coincide with a home game, even then it depends if tickets are available. It's right and proper that those who go regular and are not season ticket holders should be given the opportunity to get game tickets before me, who very rarely gets the chance to go. Time, money and distance are the biggest factors for me.

I wouldn’t be very happy if I couldn’t go but a ‘casual’ fan could to be honest. Maybe they might do something like they did with the away tickets and ballot 25 pairs but it just wouldn’t be fair on season ticket holders with reduced capacity. It won’t be forever though, people need to remember that.

Can't think of any legal angles that would mean they had to sell to non season ticket holders. They are meant, at some point, to consult with the FCG re ideas of getting fans back. I think I can safely say we'll be representing that the season ticket holders have to have priority and I am not sure the Club would have any reason to argue against that anyway.

To me it should be done on ST holders and their length of service so to speak. If some of the older members wish to not take up the offer due to health issues it should be offered to the next on the list. I dont see how you could be fairer?

Which ever way you do it ,someone will be unhappy. 30,000 season ticket holders in theory so do 10,000 per game on a rota so everyone goes to 1 game in 3.

Anyway technically , are we still season ticket holders ? Have we renewed automatically ?

Have to say I do think it should be on time served. Can't think of a fairer way. I know some people who have been season ticket holders since the 60's, there are bound to be some from the 50's, so why should they be top trumped by those who are new season ticket holders?

That is, of course, unless there is an age related restriction from the Gov.

Although according to the records now, have I been a season ticket holder for 3 decades or 1 season - as I was moved from 'my' seat into corporate !? :lol:

Have to say I do think it should be on time served. Can't think of a fairer way. I know some people who have been season ticket holders since the 60's, there are bound to be some from the 50's, so why should they be top trumped by those who are new season ticket holders?

That is, of course, unless there is an age related restriction from the Gov.

Although according to the records now, have I been a season ticket holder for 3 decades or 1 season - as I was moved from 'my' seat into corporate !? :lol:

Yes I would be leaning towards that , but I was thinking that it may be counter productive for newbies not to be able to go. We need to encourage new supporters and by them not being able to go we may lose them.

But then, if you got snubbed having been going for x amount of years, would you not be tempted to say ok, sod it, I'm done. I was close last season as you know, still not totally comfortable with the situation.

You have to put loyalty first.

Absolutely no argument with the above points, those who’ve been season ticket holders the longest should be front of the queue if they want to go. Im not sure how they could be any arguments with that, if you’re a casual fan/member then you just have to accept it. Personally I would even go as far as not including those who bought a season ticket after promotion.

I know it wouldn't suit everyone, but surely the brains at the club can come up with a system that rewards each 'decade group' more than the one that follows.

70's
60's
50's etc

That way longer term holders get more preference for games across the season than 1yr holders, but 1yr holders still get a few games to keep them engaged.

Any fan with 1 yr under their belts who objects (in these circs) to seeing fewer lives games than somebody with 50 yrs as a holder under their belt, deserve a slap to put it simply.

But then, if you got snubbed having been going for x amount of years, would you not be tempted to say ok, sod it, I'm done. I was close last season as you know, still not totally comfortable with the situation.

You have to put loyalty first.

Yup. Like I said , you won't be able to please everyone. Difficult isn't it ?

I think all season ticket holders should be treated equally, otherwise what's the point in people in their 20s, 30s or 40s having one? We all pay our money, at the end of the day.

There's also a medical case for younger supporters coming back, as so far the data shows that those under 50 are less likely to develop serious illness.

I'm sure people will always find a way to argue against whatever the system is (like I've done above!) but the only fair way I can see is a ballot of season ticket holders, done in a way where every ST holder has to be successful once before anybody gets a second ticket.

I think all season ticket holders should be treated equally, otherwise what's the point in people in their 20s, 30s or 40s having one? We all pay our money, at the end of the day.

There's also a medical case for younger supporters coming back, as so far the data shows that those under 50 are less likely to develop serious illness.

I'm sure people will always find a way to argue against whatever the system is (like I've done above!) but the only fair way I can see is a ballot of season ticket holders, done in a way where every ST holder has to be successful once before anybody gets a second ticket.

But there are those who’ve had a season ticket many, many years and there are those who’ve had one (For example) since promotion in 2019, hardly fair to give both the same chance.

But there are those who’ve had a season ticket many, many years and there are those who’ve had one (For example) since promotion in 2019, hardly fair to give both the same chance.

But where would be the fairness in say, a supporter who sits in the North paying about £200-300 quid less than somebody who sits in one of the good seats in the Holte or the Trinity going to more games?

Last edited:
Bit surprised by that Holte139. I would discount any season ticket holders who didn't attend during the Championship years as the very minimum requirement. If I wasn't able to go for some oik who couldn't be bothered to be there during the tough times, I think I'd throw in the towel.

I take the point Holte, but I'd argue otherwise and not just to be Devil's Advocate.

If service isn't rewarded, what message does that send to younger fans who in a depressed economy and recession make a sacrifice to continue being a season ticket holder. You're telling them when this happens again (and it will) they'll be caste aside to placate newbies who have invested far less financially in their club.

And without meaning to be heartless or dark - I don't want us to be the club that prioritises the next generation over the generation who have stuck with us through thick and thin and it might be their last season to roar the lads on anyway.

We have four stands + (boxes) - there can easily be a rotation system based on length of service and given 1m is acceptable for workplaces (with masks, maybe screens etc) for less at risk, yes, longer standing members might not get 'their' seat but we can isolate health risks via different stands etc.

But where would be the fairness in say, a supporter who sits in the North paying about £200-300 quid less than somebody who sits in one of the good seats in the Hole or the Trinity going to more games?

It's VP, in all honesty whats a 'bad seat'. I've been all around the ground, different heights.

I don't walk out any more pissed off or more entertained depending on where I park my arse.

I've never understood the different pricing to begin with.

But where would be the fairness in say, a supporter who sits in the North paying about £200-300 quid less than somebody who sits in one of the good seats in the Holte or the Trinity going to more games?

That’s their choice to purchase that seat and should have no influence on who does and doesn’t get a ticket, that would just be prioritising those who spend the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.