When do you think Forest will achieve promotion? | Page 2 | Vital Football

When do you think Forest will achieve promotion?

Promotion will be achieved...

• next season

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • in 2-5 years

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • in 6-10 years

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • in more than 10 years

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • never

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • from L1 to Championship

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
I have seen Forest through their glory days and been to Wembley to watch us triumph. Those days aren’t coming back. Football has changed and not for the better.

My brother’s in-laws are Norwich fans and I asked them if they enjoyed being in the Prem. Their answer was that it was great going to the grounds and seeing some of the best players in the world but the novelty soon wears off when you are bottom of the league and losing week in, week out.

For the fans who haven’t seen us in the Prem I would be delighted if you did get to see it but for me, unless we are going to follow in the footsteps of teams like Wolves and Leeds and make a real go of it, I would be happy enough for now competing at the sharp end of the Championship.

I believe 2 to 3 years max. Next year will be top half, but missing play offs. The off season sees all deadwood gone except Arter.

This will mean we will likely see Worrall leave if we can hold on to him this season, and those funds, plus all the deadwood going will start to shape how we go forward as a club under the new CEO and scout.

#eternaloptimist

I have seen Forest through their glory days and been to Wembley to watch us triumph. Those days aren’t coming back. Football has changed and not for the better.

My brother’s in-laws are Norwich fans and I asked them if they enjoyed being in the Prem. Their answer was that it was great going to the grounds and seeing some of the best players in the world but the novelty soon wears off when you are bottom of the league and losing week in, week out.

For the fans who haven’t seen us in the Prem I would be delighted if you did get to see it but for me, unless we are going to follow in the footsteps of teams like Wolves and Leeds and make a real go of it, I would be happy enough for now competing at the sharp end of the Championship.

I would rather lose every week in the Prem than lose nearly every week in the Championship.

I do believe that if we do go up, Maranakis will do everything to not only keep us there, but make us competitive like the Thais have done with Leicester

I do believe that if we do go up, Maranakis will do everything to not only keep us there, but make us competitive like the Thais have done with Leicester
That has to be the hope and the fact that a few teams have managed it bodes well but it’s going to involve a lot of money and a decent strategy so we will see.

That has to be the hope and the fact that a few teams have managed it bodes well but it’s going to involve a lot of money and a decent strategy so we will see.

We don't have quite enough of exhibit a and seemingly very little of exhibit b.

I can't see us going up anytime soon. Maybe we used up all our good fortune under Clough. Before he came I remember it being much of the same bar the year we finished 2nd in the league. Went on a bus to Swindon once in the early 70s and we were lucky to get 12 to go.

We had a chance under lamouchi and they bottled it in the January window.

This current crop will be lucky to survive in this league.

I can't see us going up anytime soon. Maybe we used up all our good fortune under Clough. Before he came I remember it being much of the same bar the year we finished 2nd in the league. Went on a bus to Swindon once in the early 70s and we were lucky to get 12 to go.

We had a chance under lamouchi and they bottled it in the January window.

This current crop will be lucky to survive in this league.
Every time Nottingham Forest have had a shot at promotion, the club have ALWAYS bottled it in the January window. Every time