When 12 points, is not 12 points | Vital Football

When 12 points, is not 12 points

The Electric Banana

Vital Football Hero
An interesting BBC article on Blackpool's receivership, I have snipped what I feel are the pertinent paras:

"However, Harvey said the imposition of a 12-point deduction - which would see the club drop from eighth to 16th on the basis of current standings - was not necessarily mandatory despite the club going into receivership. "

"It is not mandatory that the 12 point sanction must be applied but the circumstances of the appointment of the receiver need to be fully considered and the appropriate decision taken in accordance with the regulations."

Read the full article here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47284650

I thought this was going to be our effective 12 point gap to 4th actually being 10 on the table.

I thought this was going to be our effective 12 point gap to 4th actually being 10 on the table.

Only if we win v Colchester. Otherwise 10 point gap becomes a minimum 9 point gap, all other things being equal.

Only if we win v Colchester. Otherwise 10 point gap becomes a minimum 9 point gap, all other things being equal.
You mean Crawley?

I was just meaning as it stands. And as it does, it's a 12 point gap in reality because of the Mansfield/MK game.

It will be interesting how the FA/EFL deal with Blackpool, if they get it wrong they could well find themselves with a class action on their hands.

You mean Crawley?

I was just meaning as it stands. And as it does, it's a 12 point gap in reality because of the Mansfield/MK game.

It’s not Luke. If Imps, Stags and MKDs all win all our matches until the final weekend there’ll be a 10 point gap. If we lose the final match v Colchester then depending on the MKD v Stags result the gap to whichever of them is lower will be either 9 or 10. We have to win v Colchester to make it the 12 point gap.

It’s not Luke. If Imps, Stags and MKDs all win all our matches until the final weekend there’ll be a 10 point gap. If we lose the final match v Colchester then depending on the MKD v Stags result the gap to whichever of them is lower will be either 9 or 10. We have to win v Colchester to make it the 12 point gap.
we also play mkdons so the three teams can't win all their matches up until the final weekend.