What's the highest-scoring match you have watched live? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What's the highest-scoring match you have watched live?

All matches:

Merthyr Town 12 Guildford City 0 (Southern League Division One South & West) 2013/14

City games:

4-5 v York 1970/71
5-4 v Northampton 1976/77
9-0 v Bournemouth 1982/83

I went to every home match in the 66/67 season apart from the Luton one..............grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Apart from that I must have witnessed some high scores when watching Ruston Bucyrus Reserves.

I went to every home match in the 66/67 season apart from the Luton one..............grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Apart from that I must have witnessed some high scores when watching Ruston Bucyrus Reserves.

Welcome to the forum!

City 4 York 5, Bill Taylor scored a cracker, Think I saw the reserves win 9-3, against who I have no idea, Alec Jeffrey may have played a part.

Think I saw the reserves win 9-3, against who I have no idea, Alec Jeffrey may have played a part.

I remember seeing the reserves beat Halifax Res, 11 -2.

My dad usually wrote the scores in his season ticket ... it was 28 Jan 1970.

EDIT: This was the season when Jeffrey was around.

The old boys team beat a Grantham team in the county cup 28-1 last season. I chided our manager with, we’d have equalled Arbroath if you hadn’t taken your foot off the gas.
Still lost in the final though

8-1 City beat Luton, Billy Cobb scored 3 on debut. Shock result as City were not playing well that season.

8-1 City beat Luton, Billy Cobb scored 3 on debut. Shock result as City were not playing well that season.
Neither were Luton. Going into that game, Lincoln were bottom with 10 points and Luton were second from bottom with 13 points. In those days of 2 points for a win, not even an 8-1 victory was enough to lift Lincoln from 92nd place. City finished bottom that season, while Luton improved enough to finish 17th, 4 points clear of the re-election zone. They were Fourth Division champions the following season by a five-point margin.

I played in a game in the Boston Saturday league were my team lost 13-2.
Although only 5' 6" I managed to push a cracking shot over the bar only problem I wasn't in goal! I was off before ref got red out of his pocket.

City 4 York 5, Bill Taylor scored a cracker, Think I saw the reserves win 9-3, against who I have no idea, Alec Jeffrey may have played a part.
What a shame Alec Jeffrey couldn't be arsed to play or was just past it when he played for us. Don't think we have ever had a more talented player!!! ( Just my opinion of course)😁