What's the difference between Neymar and Pele? | Vital Football

What's the difference between Neymar and Pele?

Yes, apart from all of the above, no difference. I'm beginning to like VAR if it stops pathetic diving getting penalties. Refs should be booking these tarts.

I haven't seen the Neymar one. But did you lot see the Ronaldo one the other day where he went down clutching his head/face etc and started waving the imaginary red card at the ref.

When they replayed it, he wasn't touched at all just purely feigned it. Astonishing. And I would love to know why blatant cheating like that is not stamped out with a quick 5 match ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

Actually, don't answer that. I can guess why.

52 years and shed loads of goals for Santos .The world was a better place for having Pele he was and is a great ambassador .In fifty years know who peop!e will talk more about .

I haven't seen the Neymar one. But did you lot see the Ronaldo one the other day where he went down clutching his head/face etc and started waving the imaginary red card at the ref.

When they replayed it, he wasn't touched at all just purely feigned it. Astonishing. And I would love to know why blatant cheating like that is not stamped out with a quick 5 match ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

Actually, don't answer that. I can guess why.

I thought that was Pepe - or did Ronaldo do it as well?

I thought that was Pepe - or did Ronaldo do it as well?

Think OSK is talking about the incident in the Morocco game. If he is, I'd agree it was as shocking a dive as we've seen at this World Cup, and once again unpunished. To top Ronaldo trying to cheat, he then did the TV screen symbol to ask for VAR. That in in self should be punishable by execution, but before that they should have reviewed it, booked Ronaldo for diving, then publicly executed him on the pitch.

These world 'superstars' are diving and even with the aid of VAR the useless incompetent twats dressed in their football kits sitting in front of numerous screens watching things twenty times in slow motion still don't seem able to see it.

Yes, apart from all of the above, no difference. I'm beginning to like VAR if it stops pathetic diving getting penalties. Refs should be booking these tarts.

I didn`t see the game but your comment about booking the player sounds absolutely right. If it wasn`t deemed a penalty surely it was a case of simulation by the "offending" player. You`d think that a VAR outcome that determines what is, in effect, a simulation, should automatically mandate a yellow card ?

Book players for simulation will put an end to the nonsense during the World Cup as yellow cards don't get expunged until later in the tournament, although Brazil might do better without Neymar. Every time he dives to earn a free kick, play stops and any advantage is often lost. You don't see Coutinho or Jesus diving like the PSG man.

Firstly Pele by a country mile. Booking players for 'simulation' is one thing, but if the referee believes the player just fell over then a booking would be wrong. I feel this is a way referee's are avoiding showing yellows in these situations.