What's Rams feelings about Notts County? | Vital Football

What's Rams feelings about Notts County?

cropped

Vital Squad Member
OK, it's the close season. I know next to nothing about East Midlands football except there is one club that cannot be mentioned. I get that and I will respect Ram's fans sensibilities here....

So to further my education about all things Derby County, I post the question;

Notts County... any beef with them?

Absolutely not. On our annual trip to the city dump, the Magpies open their supporters club bar up to Derby fans and many take advantage of the facilities. When our game at the dump got moved to the dump we went to see the 'pies play Tranmere. Notts won 3-2, 2 goals and an assit for Jon Stead, an ex Ram. We were well received and availed ourselves of the bar. Shame it was them and not the Huggers of Trees that bombed out............

It’s an odd one, cropped. The two sides that raise most Derby fans’ hackłes are Forest and Leeds.
Burton are our nearest ‘rivals’ but feelings don’t seem to run high against them or Stoke and Leicester who aren’t much further away.

Well, wow! Opening their supporters bar up to Derby fans is a big surprise. Very sad where Notts will be playing next season. A grand old club... possibly THE grand old club (apologies to Sheffield FC) and another club I wish well... especially after learning that about them just.

(y)

Cropped...going to Edgeley Park for a Paul Heaton concert next month.
Coming in from the east (Derbyshire side)...any advice re: parking?

Always want Notts County to do well. Like Derby are the only team in Derby, Notts County is the only team in Nottingham, we're both Black and White too!

I always thought there were 2 teams in Notinem.....

..... Notts County and Notts County reserves.

Cropped...going to Edgeley Park for a Paul Heaton concert next month.
Coming in from the east (Derbyshire side)...any advice re: parking?

Hi RamAnag

That promises to be a great gig. I know a few who are going.

Assuming you will be travelling along the A6, there is a car park next to Stockport Railway station, just off the A6 - the only drawback is the pricing. £6 for UP TO 4 hours. Thereafter it jumps to £15.50 for 24 hours.

It's only 10 mins walk but is 4 hours not long enough?

I am undecided on PH actually rA. I liked the Housemartins but not the Beautiful South..... ... my comment was a throw away one intended to raise a smile. Looks like I failed again ;)

Latest Rams News