What’s next for Daniel Levy? | Page 4 | Vital Football

What’s next for Daniel Levy?

If players decide they want to go to Madrid or Barca they always do whether the selling club wants or needs to sell or not, the chavs are hardly short of a few bob but Hazard left anyway, same when Ronaldo left manure.

So we all know that we can't compete with RM and Barca.

But we're not being forced to sell to our peers anymore - that for me is a massive difference that few now grasp.

But I bet you'll love it when we finally don't have to roll over and sell or best players to the 'elite' clubs or when we can near enough match them for salaries and spending?

He has a strategy that looks like it will finally stop us from being prey for the footballing financial foodchain.

In 3 perhaps 4 years time, we'll have a consistent £100-150 net mill (or more) to spend each season on wages and perhaps competing for the best players in the World.

But of course, progress won't be linear - unless we have some incredible luck and also use our money wisely (a bigger topic - as the amount of hindsight fans can show never ceases to amaze me).

Like it or not, football success is closely tied to financial success - just take a quick look at who's won what when and what their cumulative spend was.

The one exception which was a 1:100 year event? Leicester; and they've struggled to get anywhere close to that since.

As much as he's now pissing me off, Poch has pulled off stage one of the project ahead of time.

It's stage two now and as we still don't have a sugar daddy that can circumvent FFPR - we'll have some more money to spend - but at the moment Transfer price inflation is already eroding that and that could well carry on until this lunacy in the whole market takes a reality check.

I've chucked criticism at Levy when he deserves it - he doesn't deserve any for delivering the top acadmy in the land (and its now paying off big style) and the best stadium in the World.

Agree, but still see a significant food chain way into the future. We're just a bigger animal that are tougher to kill.

What's probably more important is not having to take a high risk on replacing an outgoing superstar. We're already seeing that with Dembele and Ndombele and hopefully with Lo Ceslo / Fernandes and Eriksen. With the new financial muscle It already feels completely different than when Bale left.

Right now is about the transfer window and his tactics though, not a business project that has been going on for nearly two decades.

Blow smoke up his ass about being a great business man when the time is right. I personally don't care right now about his business success.

I want him to deliver as a footballing chairman and bring in players that will help us win a title.

When he deliverers in the transfer market I'll join you at blowing smoke up his ass.

Top number of hours played by an academy last season was Manure, second was us.

More of our recruits got to sign pro forms with clubs across the leagues than any other academy.

Today, we have a story to tell to kids and their parents that we couldn't tell 10 years ago - so guess what?

We're now signing some of the most promising young kids at 6 & 7 - kids that before all wanted the chav's / Le arse.

That's a sea-change that's a pay off from the investment.
Thanks...that’s good to know

Thanks...that’s good to know

Two months ago, I heard and saw that pitch used on the parents of three young kids (7 and 8 year olds) all had the opportunity to go to a.n.ther london club - some scummy red kitted club.

All the parents after that committed their kids to us; one other poster here also knows this to be true.

Of course, it maybe 10 years until we see the benefit, but we're now signing kids a few years back wouldn't have come near us.

Has the stadium meant Levy took his eye off the ball re contracts running out ?

After getting his fingers burnt with Judas walking out for nothing I thought he wouldn't let it happen again?

Has the stadium meant Levy took his eye off the ball re contracts running out ?

After getting his fingers burnt with Judas walking out for nothing I thought he wouldn't let it happen again?

I really don't think he has - I think the contract situation is as much a part fo modern football now; when you're absolutely loaded and set for life, players and agents now don't look for contract cover in the same way they once did.

Afraid the players and their agents have all the advantages now.

I really don't think he has - I think the contract situation is as much a part fo modern football now; when you're absolutely loaded and set for life, players and agents now don't look for contract cover in the same way they once did.

Afraid the players and their agents have all the advantages now.

Yep, seems to have swung too far in their favour.

Anything the clubs can do to restore the balance ?

Yep, seems to have swung too far in their favour.

Anything the clubs can do to restore the balance ?

I really think it's a hopeless task now; agents are sharper, players are quickly financially much more comfortable in their careers than they ever were and the phenomena of a huge 'loyalty payment' upfront on signing now means agents and players alike have little empathy with how clubs have to be run.

Contracts are so complex now, two or three years back now I had an afternoon with one of the top agencies in the land and they were crowing about the fact that they could get clubs to do whatever they liked now.

I think they've been proved right, which is why I re-invested with them. The rewards now are truely staggering.

Levy being slated over Sessegnon signing by Tony Khan Fulham chairman.

He said they did not hear from Spurs until 2 weeks before window close. The first offer was insultingly low and it went down to the wire on the last day to get their price. Khan said the delay had a negative effect on the business Fulham could do transfer wise.

Levy being slated over Sessegnon signing by Tony Khan Fulham chairman.

He said they did not hear from Spurs until 2 weeks before window close. The first offer was insultingly low and it went down to the wire on the last day to get their price. Khan said the delay had a negative effect on the business Fulham could do transfer wise.
Can you hear that? No it's the world's smallest violin. Boo hoo. Levy is Levy, whole world knows he's a tool. The problem is it often cost us and many on here myself I included believe there is a systemic problem with recruitment here is some proof.

Can you hear that? No it's the world's smallest violin. Boo hoo. Levy is Levy, whole world knows he's a tool. The problem is it often cost us and many on here myself I included believe there is a systemic problem with recruitment here is some proof.

I have no sympathy for Fulham but being a shit in business is not a long term advantage. It can come home to roost.

I have no sympathy for Fulham but being a shit in business is not a long term advantage. It can come home to roost.

You should consider that he's justifying why they didn't do much new business. Believe me (and I don't lie here) their agent and our agent along with Onomah's all knew what they were doing as they negotiated for the last 8 weeks, and Fulham tried a stroke or two aswell - so he's being disingenuous in whining now - but he has a reason to. Their lack of action has pissed their fans off but has more to do with FFP than anything else.

After the stroke they played last summer, I'd have made them squirm too; Levy gave them a lesson - sadly, the same one we will now have to face with RM and Eriksen.

The football business is the shitiest business you ever saw, agents will sell their grannies, mum and daughter to get a deal done and managers/owners will happily shaft their 'best' friends to get what they want.

It's akin to the all the cliches you ever saw in a Godfather film i.e. the number of times you'd hear "it's only business, nothing personal".