What’s next for Daniel Levy? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What’s next for Daniel Levy?

He's still failed whatever happens now because he has a coach above all else whose work is tied very closely to a preseason fitness program. He has let him down on this front alone.

Then every chairman bar two in the top 6/7/8 are also guilty!

When GLC comes in, if both Eriksen and Rose are still here we are in very good shape. Not perfect. But very good.

After what the Arse have been through, we couldn't imagine being told we could buy Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sess without needing to sell Eriksen.

Well done Levy.

I hope Real havent realised thier mistake and have come back in for Potch. Him being tapped up would be one explanation for all this bs.

He's still failed whatever happens now because he has a coach above all else whose work is tied very closely to a preseason fitness program. He has let him down on this front alone.
That's not completely fair. Most of the top targets would be away for various international commitments over the summer, so it would be nye on impossible to talk to them, let alone get them in for preseason.

Then every chairman bar two in the top 6/7/8 are also guilty!
I dont care about other clubs or chairmen. This does not alter one jot the substantive point. Whataboutery the hiding place of frauds. When the threads about City Liverpool and United I'll give you a heads up.

That's not completely fair. Most of the top targets would be away for various international commitments over the summer, so it would be nye on impossible to talk to them, let alone get them in for preseason.

Mate we have been trailing Sessingnon and Zaha to name but two for nearly two and a half years. Watch mate, the coach will walk (he ain't a paragon of virtue by the way)and then those constantly defending Levy will dream up more inventive ways to move the goal posts.

Poch has reached the crossroads. Either improve the team with better players or stagnate and start to go backwards. He can bring on and improve a few youngsters , work on strategies but he has pretty much exhausted the potential in our main players.

He could stay if new signings and new heights can be reached but if the resources are not forthcoming he knows he is unlikely to keep pace with our rivals. He will only damage is own stock.

He himself could launch his own career forward by moving clubs and maybe winning things with more funds at his disposal.

Its make or break time. If this window goes how the majority on here know ( even those enthralled to the corporate suits) it will go, we will be looking for a new man very soon. Levy will have to give the coach three first team ready players or he will walk. Its blissfully simple at last. Theres nothing left to hide behind, cant blame it on the stadium world cup, sunlight street light or the boogie. The mistake Levy made was the AIA announcement before the window closed I'm frankly shock.

Last edited:
Its make or break time. If this window goes how the majority on here know ( even those enthralled to the corporate suits) it will go, we will be looking from a new man very soon. Levy will have to give the coach three first team ready players or he will walk. Its blissfully simple at last. Theres nothing left to hide behind, cant blame it on the stadium world cup, sunlight street light or the boogie. The mistake Levy made was the AIA announcement before the window closed I'm frankly shock.
Agree. It is make or break. when you consider how much extra revenue has been generated by the squad over-performing over the years, and used to partly fund the over spend on the stadium, Poch has been a significant revenue generator for Levy. It would be grossly irresponsible to not back him fully and loose him now.

Well the target was CL by the time the stadium opened. Let's assume it was ready at the start of last season. That means Poch could have led the players to four 5th or 6th places and 1 top four finish. He's given us 4 seasons of Champs League on £30m net spending over 5 years.

If I were Poch I would be calculating 3 x CL revenues LESS 3 x EL revenues and quoting those numbers back at Levy. He's brought close to £200m of incremental revenues in and still counting.

The pressure really is on Levy, but I still have a feeling he'll deliver in these next few days.

Well the target was CL by the time the stadium opened. Let's assume it was ready at the start of last season. That means Poch could have led the players to four 5th or 6th places and 1 top four finish. He's given us 4 seasons of Champs League on £30m net spending over 5 years.

If I were Poch I would be calculating 3 x CL revenues LESS 3 x EL revenues and quoting those numbers back at Levy. He's brought close to £200m of incremental revenues in and still counting.

The pressure really is on Levy, but I still have a feeling he'll deliver in these next few days.
Really Muttley do you? Your so sensible why do believe it? I tell you what mate we will get GLC and flog Eriksen. That's it maybe one Brock ass Drinkwater type (Llorente) perhaps a kid like the Chiliean we bid for but no way do we get three first team ready players mate no way. Cant you see how mad Poch is? He knows.

SURELY Levy’s financial club building zeal will HAVE to turn its attention to the winning of trophies. The status of the club, that drives sales of tickets, memorabilia, tv rights, worldwide sales of our product etc, HAS to be of great importance to him. I see that the empire he has built SO WELL, with training facilities above any club, a brilliant stadium of top class standard with so many extra money making features, and great accommodation for inviting new players HAS to turn its attention to bringing in the goal scorers that will make us top in the land, Europe and the world. Levy has quietly and steadily built what we have to fine, classy, levels, he’s GOT to address the playing and winning issue.

MAYBE,..... WE are the impatient ones, maybe HE has it in mind already, he’s delivered on everything else. We broke the transfer record this year. CAN HE DO MORE? Dybala going to Man U would be a blow for us. We don’t want to see the job made harder but it would be naive of us to think that we couldn’t get another world class replacement for that lost deal, even if it comes NEXT season, which in fairness Levy might be aiming at in his gently gently approach to progress.

Not rocking the boat financially seems to be his method. But us fans just don’t want to see our ‘manager’ or ‘coach’ leave. WISDOM? Ok but let’s hope it works out Levy’s way.

Weirdly so do I. I really hope we don't sign Lo Celso and then sell Eriksen. That will leave us much weaker than last season IMO.

Exactly. Forgot to mention the virtually flat net spend. Levy will be well aware of the contribution made to the balance sheet.

The only way to improve the club now is on the playing side and I do believe that Levy is aware of that as well and so will be doing his best to get the target Poch has asked for. I may be wrong, but my nature is to give the benefit of the doubt.

Poch says that his comments (as I said they were) are being taken out of context.

I rest my case m'lord. All eyes back on the last week of the window.

Exactly. Forgot to mention the virtually flat net spend. Levy will be well aware of the contribution made to the balance sheet.

The only way to improve the club now is on the playing side and I do believe that Levy is aware of that as well and so will be doing his best to get the target Poch has asked for. I may be wrong, but my nature is to give the benefit of the doubt.

It doesn't matter what incredible progress we've made in the last 5 years, some only ever see the negative, it's something that some Spurs fans will never rid themselves of.

It doesn't matter what incredible progress we've made in the last 5 years, some only ever see the negative, it's something that some Spurs fans will never rid themselves of.

Ex - nobody cares about 5 years backwards or even 5 years forwards. It's the final week of the transfer window. That is the one and only focus for all pessimists, realists and optimists. Please put those bigger picture thoughts on hold for a week :-)

Ex - nobody cares about 5 years backwards or even 5 years forwards. It's the final week of the transfer window. That is the one and only focus for all pessimists, realists and optimists. Please put those bigger picture thoughts on hold for a week :-)

I'll try, but I'm a strategist that lives for forward planning....and understading strategic planning - as I've understood the priorities of Levy and the board for years - and argued as such, for years and of course, proven right. :thumbup::tophat::throw: