What's happening to us? | Vital Football

What's happening to us?

swans87

Vital Youth Team
Some worrying stuff coming out of the trust forum tonight.

What's happening!? We're a mess now...

What has upset me most is that the 5% shares that Mel Nurse donated when he resigned from the original board was swallowed up by those whose greed has now cost the Swans Trust any chance of having a meaningful say in the future running of our club. Not one of the board were prepared to even discuss selling the necessary amount of shares to give the trust the minimum 25% quota required. Shame on them all...

We used to be a club that everyone looked up to. Now it seems we're just as messed up as Newcastle/Sunderland/Leeds. Greed is a nasty thing.

It also appears that Levien and Kaplan completely underestimated the values that this club holds dear. They thought they knew, but they had no idea just how much this is a club of the people and not just a cash cow. To not include the most important shareholders during talks is deplorable, and shows where their interests truly lie. I'm ashamed to call the buyers my countrymen. My disappointment in their approach cannot be expressed here because there are no words.

I wish I could be at the Liberty tomorrow. Sing louder than you ever have before. This is our club.

How do those fans feel now - the ones that wouldn't have a bad word said about our previous owners?

Yes, they got us out of the sh*t all those years ago, but later they selfishly didn't put the club first, did whatever it took to make millions from it, selling it to whoever and not letting the trust know. The Chinese businessmen looking to simply "invest" could have been a far better option, but we'll never know because they didn't even meet them.

A proper club legend Mel Nurse gave his 5% away. Just wish that 5% went back to the trust, not spread between the snakes.