What’s going on? | Page 73 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

I was never too bothered about Barnsley before all this.
But the lack of class from that club and some of their fans towards our predicament has irritated me throughout!
Firstly,their over celebrating finishing 3rd from bottom and 'their great escape' with some fans rubbing our noses in it in the process and taking the p***,despite our disgusting and totally unjust position.

Then some of them spouting uneducated nonsense on twitter about how it was our own fault that we went into administration cos we overspent and were in debt,not because of the EFL inexplicably waving through a dodgy deal by Chinese conmen.

Moreover they stuck their beak in at our hearing despite it being none of their business.Finally today I have seen that they tried to lumbar us with their legal costs at the appeal,shameful behaviour against a club fighting for its life.

I really hope karma comes back to bite them after all this!(a few of our fans who constantly rubbed Boltons nose in it on twitter now no it's a bitch).

I'm certainly not blaming Barnsley for causing the mess we're in,but if we can get an owner and rebuild the club I would love to beat them more than anyone apart from Bolton.
I would also hope if any of them are gobbing off at the game like they have this past month,end up in the canal like that PNE fan did! We obviously hate that weasel Choi,that **** Au Yeung and the incompetent EFL,but I and many other tics will never forget Barnsleys part in all this!

Find it hard to hate such a tinpot club. They finish bottom 3 pretty much every time they play in this league and last won a major trophy 110 years ago. I can't waste my energy about a club that means so little to me. They have been in survival mode and done everything to protect their interests as I'm sure we would given the circumstances. It's misguided to blame them. Look closer to home. Whelan. Choi, EFL, all fair game but I don't see Barnsley as anything to do with our demise.

Just so you’re all aware, we’re being watched...

A quick visit to the Barnsleyfc.org.uk forum to try and find out more about Ganeye, and it seems there’s quite a few of them spending their time viewing this website - laughing it up about our plight and mocking people’s worried posts here. Classy bunch.

Reckon they’re making the most of this because it’s not often they get this much attention, since nobody else will give them the time of day. Do they even have a proper derby? Maybe they can start a little rivalry with Harrogate now they’re in the league?

Whatever happens to us, we’ll hold our heads up high knowing we’ve achieved more in the last 15 years than Barnsley have in their entire history. Clearly there’s a lot of pent up resentment about their own underachievement, and the fact they’ll have to fire up Fifa 20 if they want to witness their club win a major trophy in their lifetimes.

:finger:

Last edited:

A quick visit to the Barnsleyfc.org.uk forum to try and find out more about Ganeye, and it seems there’s quite a few of them spending their time viewing this website - laughing it up about our plight and mocking people’s worried posts here. Classy bunch.

Reckon they’re making the most of this because it’s not often they get this much attention, since nobody else will give them the time of day. Do they even have a proper derby? Maybe they can start a little rivalry with Harrogate now they’re in the league?

Whatever happens to us, we’ll hold our heads up high knowing we’ve achieved more in the last 15 years than Barnsley have in their entire history. Clearly there’s a lot of pent up resentment about their own underachievement, and the fact they’ll have to fire up Fifa 20 if they want to witness their club win a major trophy in their lifetimes.

Whippet botherers. Karma will strike

Thought biggest club near barnsley was rotherham ah well we live and learn must be sickening for barnsley having a bigger club like harrogate now to compete with

If and it's a big if we come out of this we will be able to sit back as one club after another goes into administration. Barnsley apart I wouldn't want any fans to suffer what we have suffered it's horrible. Thing is we went into administration in a pretty healthy state whereas most clubs that will unfortunately but undoubtedly follow us wont be in the same shape. We have also been fortunate that the transfer window was opening soon after and we had players in demand that will clear a huge part of the debt. Again other clubs may not have the window to save them. As soon as HRMC can send the collectors in again many clubs will be forced into administration whereas hopefully we find a buyer and that problem is settled also. A second covid spike could see many clubs going out of business now that the morons at the EFL have set the precedence with our case. Heres hoping Barnsley are one club that goes to the wall.

If and it's a big if we come out of this we will be able to sit back as one club after another goes into administration. Barnsley apart I wouldn't want any fans to suffer what we have suffered it's horrible. Thing is we went into administration in a pretty healthy state whereas most clubs that will unfortunately but undoubtedly follow us wont be in the same shape. We have also been fortunate that the transfer window was opening soon after and we had players in demand that will clear a huge part of the debt. Again other clubs may not have the window to save them. As soon as HRMC can send the collectors in again many clubs will be forced into administration whereas hopefully we find a buyer and that problem is settled also. A second covid spike could see many clubs going out of business now that the morons at the EFL have set the precedence with our case. Heres hoping Barnsley are one club that goes to the wall.

Ill second that

With the exception of 1 who mentions that the £25m loan is disputed, they're still going on about us owing £45m \, they accuse us of not acknowledging that we had to rely on the owner to sustain our spending, yet can't get facts right about how much we owe. Keep using the phrase "well run" club as a stick to beat us with despite the fact that as far as I've seen no supporter has used that phrase, it was a phrase used by the admins

I hope they don't go to the wall. Not all their fans are knobheads.
I wouldn't wish ours,Charltons,Burys and whoever else current experience on anybody.

Correct...for every douche-bag there's 10 decent. Every club same. Wouldn't wish this on anybody.

Wouldn't waste my time worrying about it. It's probably a handful of 40 year old virgins living in their mums spare room playing keyboard warrior. I'm certain most Barnsley fans aren't twats and understand what happened to us could happen to them or anyone else else and are relieved to stay up via the back door but don't wish ill on us but you always get a few who embarrass the rest. We certainly had our fair share when Bolton were in our position, so it's to be expected. Don't rise to the bait.

If they want to talk about 'living beyond our means' then they lost 4m last season - by their logic they are cheating to buy promotion. We were debt free the day we left Whelans ownership and were in about 25m worth of debt to IEC on day one after the owners made the club liable to pay for the money they borrowed to buy us - we are paying for our own noose effectively. Barnsley were also sold for something over 10m, if their new owner transfered the cost of buying the club onto them and then walked away over night like ours did they'd be in an identical sitaution to us and who'd want to buy them? They are even more unattractive than us and more likely to go to the wall.

Rather than revelling in our misfortune they should count their lucky stars their owners seem decent so far, as the fit and proper test is no protection from dodgy owners getting hold of a club and once they are in they are free to rape, pillage and muder the club if they see fit with no checks and balances. This could easily be them or any other club. One day it may be.

No proper football fan should want any club to go to the wall, have the banter, want your rivals to struggle, but one thing we have in common, we all love the game and as football fans, seeing what's gone on at Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton and now us and Charlton isn't good for the game

Fully agree AL1, some of your guys had a great time bashing Wanderers last season but let’s face it, we were a bit of a joke so it’s not surprising but I think the majority of us appreciate how important our clubs are to us and apart from the obvious rivalry don’t wish any ill on each other. I’m sure the majority of Wanderers fans hope you succeed with a new owner and don’t want Latics to become another Bury. Good luck anyway and let’s hope there’s positive news soon.