What’s going on? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

I pray the EFL will be lenient with punishment based on the global financial climate.

This is not an ordinary event and we would have had the funds had it not been for covid.

I pray the EFL will be lenient with punishment based on the global financial climate.

This is not an ordinary event and we would have had the funds had it not been for covid.

They've already confirmed a 12 point deduction. It's as if they couldn't do it fast enough.

I think the best thing is the 12 point deduction applying this season. Starting a championship season on -12 would give us no chance of surviving anyway. At least the players can fight for the rest of what could be our last season as a club. If the club does survive then at least next season is a fresh start. Look at Bolton this year, they were down before it even started.
If someone does want to buy the club then who does the money go to? Surely if the owners have run the club into the ground and put it into admin then they don’t get anything. I’m not sure how it works.

It will come down to how much Stanley Choi/the administrators want for the club. If it’s a pittance then I’m praying Dave Whelan will come in, plug the gap in funds until the end of the season, then sell players to generate revenue to keep us going into next season. But if they are asking for big money to purchase the club then we’re fu**ed!

In the back of my mind always knew this was likely going to happen one day, but i thought it was going to be another year or two at least after the latest 'take over'.

I fear that is the end of us, if we are in admin the players aren't going to want to even play and risk injury if they aren't going to be getting all their wages and likely having to find a new club imminently. We've got literally millions of pounds of talent potentially all about to leave on frees and we've just climbed free of trouble for us to automatically relegate ourselves - it's utter madness that it has come to this.

These new owners have screwed us.

The EFL are disgusting, throwing us to the dogs like they did with Bury. Never mind that theres a global pandemic happening which has delayed our season and impacted every clubs finances, and that they deemed our new owners 'fit and proper' mere weeks ago, literally less than 1 hour after its announced we're entering administration, they shit all over us and say we're getting hit with a deduction. It would have been some miracle if we got 13 points from the last 6 games anyway, but now we've GOT to get 13 points or we're down, whats that going to do for team morale? Playing under that pressure? If we finish outside the relegation zone this year ... -12 points and relegation. Go down anyway? Start lg1 with -12 points. Either way we're smashed. Maybe it would have been better for this season to have been ended early afterall, although PPG would probably have sent us down anyway.

What an absolute crusher though. After last nights win and the form we've been showing, the last thing I expected today was to fear for the future of the club. Jokes about going for the play offs ... But here we are. I've no idea what our future holds - or if we actually have one - but thats a fear for another day. All we can do for now is rally and cheer for the squad to go out there and fight for the 13 points we need. 'Little' Wigan the underdogs, taking on the EFL for survival. If any team can upset the odds its us, so i've not lost faith. But Christ, what an absolute mountain we've got to climb.

Up the Tics!

I think the best thing is the 12 point deduction applying this season. Starting a championship season on -12 would give us no chance of surviving anyway. At least the players can fight for the rest of what could be our last season as a club. If the club does survive then at least next season is a fresh start. Look at Bolton this year, they were down before it even started.
If someone does want to buy the club then who does the money go to? Surely if the owners have run the club into the ground and put it into admin then they don’t get anything. I’m not sure how it works.

The Administrators will continue to run the club as long as it is viable to do so. All creditors will have their accounts suspended and any money available will be used to pay the players and staff wages. Their is a formula used to pay secured and unsecured creditors should they manage to sell the club. At the head of the list are the players wages, secured loans, tax and VAT and crucially Directors loans. All unsecured creditors will then get the remnants of any sale divided amongst them as a percentage of what they are owed.

In the back of my mind always knew this was likely going to happen one day, but i thought it was going to be another year or two at least after the latest 'take over'.

I fear that is the end of us, if we are in admin the players aren't going to want to even play and risk injury if they aren't going to be getting all their wages and likely having to find a new club imminently. We've got literally millions of pounds of talent potentially all about to leave on frees and we've just climbed free of trouble for us to automatically relegate ourselves - it's utter madness that it has come to this.

These new owners have screwed us.

Yep I fear it’s the end too.

I thought you had to provide proof of funding for a couple of years to the efl when buying a club. I maybe wrong but if not how the hell can you enter admin 4 weeks later if so. It’s the 1st of the month - supposedly when the season should have formally ended at the end of June and when the window opens so I suspect this has been the plan for some time. The whole thing stinks. You normally get an inkling, this is so random and out of the blue. Even the timing has screwed us, if we go down automatically it’s 12 points in L1 and we are an even less attractive proposition to buy.

The EFL are disgusting, throwing us to the dogs like they did with Bury. Never mind that theres a global pandemic happening which has delayed our season and impacted every clubs finances, and that they deemed our new owners 'fit and proper' mere weeks ago, literally less than 1 hour after its announced we're entering administration, they shit all over us and say we're getting hit with a deduction. It would have been some miracle if we got 13 points from the last 6 games anyway, but now we've GOT to get 13 points or we're down, whats that going to do for team morale? Playing under that pressure? If we finish outside the relegation zone this year ... -12 points and relegation. Go down anyway? Start lg1 with -12 points. Either way we're smashed. Maybe it would have been better for this season to have been ended early afterall, although PPG would probably have sent us down anyway.

What an absolute crusher though. After last nights win and the form we've been showing, the last thing I expected today was to fear for the future of the club. Jokes about going for the play offs ... But here we are. I've no idea what our future holds - or if we actually have one - but thats a fear for another day. All we can do for now is rally and cheer for the squad to go out there and fight for the 13 points we need. 'Little' Wigan the underdogs, taking on the EFL for survival. If any team can upset the odds its us, so i've not lost faith. But Christ, what an absolute mountain we've got to climb.

Up the Tics!
It took 10 months to take points of pigs feet .it took 10 mins for us . Feking disgrace

Up the Tics!

There’s probably a legal challenge to be had in regards when the points are taken given the extended season has rendered all timings for this sort of thing meaningless. Sadly there’ll be no one to challenge it.

Up the Tics!

I know how despondent you feel mate but your figures are wrong. We are currently 8 points ahead of the relegation spots, if we can win five more points than the current bottom three we will survive. We don't necessarily need 13 points from the last 18.

The way it works is that if we are 12 points clear of the bottom 3 we start with a clean sheet In the Championship next season - if not we get 12 deducted from our total and start Division 1 with a clean sheet but I am sure lots of appeals and investigations before any of this

As a result of Wigan Athletic confirming they have entered into administration, the Club will be subject to a 12-point deduction and, in accordance with EFL Regulations, the timing of the sporting sanction can only be determined once final league placings in the Championship are determined.
If in the event the Club is relegated by virtue of their final position following the conclusion of the Championship season, then the deduction will apply in League One in 2020/21. However, if the Club is not in the relegation places following the final game of season, the sanction will be then be applied to their season 2019/20 total and final league standings amended as appropriate.
The EFL is awaiting formal notification from the Administrators and once the League has received this it will commence discussions with the relevant individuals with the aim of achieving a long-term future for the Club.