What’s going on? | Vital Football

What’s going on?

Th10

Vital Squad Member
Alan Nixon has hinted at some kind of drama going on at the club. Anybody got an idea what he’s on about?

administration,relegation certain now with points deduction!Sad,sad day!!

Getty Images

Wigan Athletic have entered administration, the club have confirmed.

The Lactics, FA Cup winners in 2013, currently sit 14th in the Championship.

Paul Stanley, Gerald Krasner and Dean Watson from Begbies Traynor have been appointed as joint administrators of Wigan Athletic Football Club, on Wednesday 1 July 2020.

Krasner said: “Our immediate objectives are to ensure the club completes all its fixtures this season and to urgently find interested parties to save Wigan Athletic FC and the jobs of the people who work for the club.

I think we all knew we were financially screwed, but this seems to have come out of the blue. To buy a club one month, get players to sign contracts, announce whatever was announced at the soccer dome and then get put into into admin seems bizarre to say the least.

It was something I always feared, but you usually get prepared for such a thing. From elation at playing well and to be in touching distance of survival to this in the space of 15 hours is quite incredible. Even if we stay up and have a club left to support minus 12 next season and all players of worth sold means it’s written off before it starts. Shocked.

Cannot believe this. Best spell on pitch. Just need to complete 6 games and then could sell players
I suspect that’s the plan. Fucked next season but we have no choice.

We all saw the warning signs. The info about these ***** online. They’ve got no fucking money and financed it all on bank loans. I bet the law with China and Hong Kong getting passed through was the catalyst. Now Choi and his buddies have made a snap decision to pull out and we are in the shit!

So this is why they transferred the club from a plc to a group of people. No plc wants to have one of their subsidiaries going into administration.

Whelan will probably do what he did with DWSports. Sell at a profit, let somebody run it into the ground and buy back for bugger all.