What’s going on? | Page 48 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

Babble on I will. The statement by Hampton is not the issue I am responding to. In my opinion the use of that term is wrong and abusive to the Chinese people. But i fail to see any sweeping statement from Hindley. As I said in my previous reply he gives good reason for his dislike of the Chinese regime and way of life, but does not individualise it.

To answer your second question, no I don't dislike All Germans because of the Nazi regime.

Once again I will return to your statement " don't judge a race by the minority". If the minority are being oppressed by the majority, as is the case with China, in my opinion, then your statement seems to indicate that you support the majority in that regime. A regime that is taking away the civil rights of thousands in Hong Kong.

I think the issue is that the "minority" that Rich is talking about is those who run the regime whereas the "minority" that you are referring to True is thise who are being oppressed.

In the middle you have a ruddy great majority who get unjustly tarred with the same brush as the minoity ruling elite.

I think everyone agrees that you can have an opinion on the Chinese regime and even the Chinese people, but racist name calling is getting a bit old fashioned now and the only way it is goung to die out is by zero tolerance as exhibited by the players that we all adhire and admire week in week iut.

Now im no racist nazi salute is disgusting and not needed in society
But can someone explain to me why when taking a knee some use the black power fist raised that is just as racial as the nazi salute and is also disgusting

Was dissapointed to notice how many racists there were on Wigan's facebook when Wigan declared themselves in favor of BLM. Now it's just sad to see the same thing here and realize that even if I do go the DW someday I might not be as welcome because of my race or color of my skin

BLM is a multi million dollar far left political organisation. Virtually everyone is against police brutality and racism the majority are also against the political goals and divisive tactics of the BLM corporation. We must not conflate the 2 things as they are not the same even though that is the trap they want us to fall into.

Even the footballers, politicians and pundits are finally realising they fell for a Trojan Horse and distancing themselves.

We didn't kneel the other night and the BLM badges are being replaced with 'kick it out' by most pundits. Which is what we should've done from the start.

If you ever attend a Wigan game no one will reject you because of your skin colour and if you want to talk football you'll find plenty of friendly faces. But if you want to push the politics of BLM the vast majority will not be interested in listening to that. Politics has no place in football no matter what mask it wears to infiltrate.

Last edited:
Positivity vs negativity.

If someone said white power I don't think that would be considered positively. Think both are cheeks of the same arse and both should be avoided. All the racial identity stuff just divides us and I think that is what these organisations are trying to do.

If someone said white power I don't think that would be considered positively. Think both are cheeks of the same arse and both should be avoided. All the racial identity stuff just divides us and I think that is what these organisations are trying to do.

The fist comes from Black Power from many years ago (70s?. even 60s?).

That was meant as promoting the worth of black people ........ like on the Olympic podium.
Positivity.

The Nazi salute was about glorification of Hitler and the German nation. People were punished for not doing it ....... though the Jews were forbidden from doing so.
Negativity.

Bicky asked for an explanation of the difference. That's all.

The fist comes from Black Power from many years ago (70s?. even 60s?).

That was meant as promoting the worth of black people ........ like on the Olympic podium.
Positivity.

The Nazi salute was about glorification of Hitler and the German nation. People were punished for not doing it ....... though the Jews were forbidden from doing so.
Negativity.

Bicky asked for an explanation of the difference. That's all.

It has also been used as a symbol of racial supremacy though.

I don't think black or white folks raising a fist like that has good connotations and can send a divisive message even if not intended.

It has also been used as a symbol of racial supremacy though.

I don't think black or white folks raising a fist like that has good connotations and can send a divisive message even if not intended.
A fist? Racial supremacy? By blacks? Are you sure? Equality, maybe.

I understand your divisive point .......but only if we choose to take it that way. It's not necessarily meant to be divisive.

A fist? Racial supremacy? By blacks? Are you sure? Equality, maybe.

I understand your divisive point .......but only if we choose to take it that way. It's not necessarily meant to be divisive.

Black supremacists have always used that as a symbol. It has been used to be deliberetly divisive even if not everyone meant it that way it's been used that way enough to make any positive symbolism tarnished.

My suggestion is just avoid any symbolism used as for racial supremacy or identitarianism if you don't intend that to avoid people incorrectly thinking that is you message.

I don't think highlighting immutable difference helps anyone.

As I said I didn't want to get involved in this but your statement is so wrong I couldn't resist. It makes you seem more at odds than anything Hindley has said. He has given his reasons for his dislike of the Chinese and I don't see that any of them are racist remarks. I know his feelings for animal welfare and for minority persecution and that is the crux of his problem with a regime that is in the forefront of much of what he abhors. I do not for one moment think that he has any problem with individual Chinese citizens and have seen no evidence to show that he has abused them in any way.

To be fair to Hindleymon, he has previously expressed his ' dislike ' of Asians, Pakistanis, Germans, even Europeans!