What’s going on? | Page 4 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

I'm not sure what affect it will have, but we need to remember that the players have already deferred 30% of their wages for the last couple of months. If they aren't going to get that back are they entitled to refuse to play?

So where are the Sheff Wed and Derby deductions? Fucking assholes

Latics haven't been deducted anything either. All the EFL have done is clarify when any a points deduction would be applied for entering administration

Its black & white as to whether a club has entered administration. The issue with Sheff Wed & Derby & what they've been charged with is a completely different ball game & isn't black & white as to whether the FA even have the right to punish them for it let alone whether its against any rules & regs.
hence why no announcement has been made about when/if any points deduction would apply

I know how despondent you feel mate but your figures are wrong. We are currently 8 points ahead of the relegation spots, if we can win five more points than the current bottom three we will survive. We don't necessarily need 13 points from the last 18.
I literally just noticed that when I re-read it ... On the upside, because I miscalculated, I've been given a boost of hope!

It just doesn't make any sense, I don't think I've ever seen a club just enter administration. There's usually weeks and months of foretelling beforehand.

We were taken over three weeks ago where the owners would have had to prove finances to the EFL. They've not even got through the first payday.
We've invested in player contracts and developsment facilities this month.
I don't understand why we would do these things if we were so skint?

I don't think finishing 13 points clear of the bottom 3 is beyond us, especially on current form. But how many players are actually going to keep on playing?

I'm not sure what affect it will have, but we need to remember that the players have already deferred 30% of their wages for the last couple of months. If they aren't going to get that back are they entitled to refuse to play?

Wages will continue to be paid by the administrator and any money owed to the players would be paid by the government in the event of a bankruptcy. However I don't see it going to that.

It just doesn't make any sense, I don't think I've ever seen a club just enter administration. There's usually weeks and months of foretelling beforehand.

We were taken over three weeks ago where the owners would have had to prove finances to the EFL. They've not even got through the first payday.
We've invested in player contracts and developsment facilities this month.
I don't understand why we would do these things if we were so skint?

I don't think finishing 13 points clear of the bottom 3 is beyond us, especially on current form. But how many players are actually going to keep on playing?

It has now been made clear that the new owners have not given the club the money they were supposed to. In other words they have broken their promises and left us in shit creek. However I am sure that DW will come to the rescue.

Who would have thought we would be lucky enough to land owners who make the Venky's and Allam's look competent and compassionate !
Sick to the stomach that it's come to this so quickly following the change of ownership - doesn't pass the sniff test at all this.
EFL again a disgrace and clearly will throw the book at the club rather than consider their part in this.
On the upside feck off Daz you utter bell end

Our only hope could be another 3 championship clubs below us also taking admin !
Simply staggering we are the first tbh 🙄

This is corrupt to the core. Stanley selling us back to himself but previous debt built up by him owed to him making him the major creditor. Puts us in admin to claw some money back.
The EFL watch this happen. How in God's earth did he get accepted as fit for purpose? What was all this dilligance thing all about when it held the original sale up for around 12 months yet a sale can go through so quickly, players sign, plans go in for academy then near safety in the league achieved. EFL FFS as corrupt as these invisible Chinese business men and their invisible puppets Royle and Royle.

The stadium is too big for us...always has been. 15,000 is more than big enough.

Too big for the rugby annall BTW.

Just seen Sharpe on Sky. Seemed as shocked as us and utterly bewildered about the timing of this and said it just doesn’t make sense to announce today.