What's going off??? | Vital Football

What's going off???

Manofpride

Vital Youth Team
It was being touted about we were skint? I thought this year we'd be lucky to get a couple of players through the door and that we'd have a shed load moved on......Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.
We got half a dozen in and one gone, also looks like there are at least a few more coming too. We also seem to be mentioned with every player that's coming up on the transfer market.

I'm thinking surely there must be a good few deals done already to offload a good few players otherwise our wage bill will match that of Man City!

Good question MoP. All seems very odd and the ‘deals’ all seem so mysterious and protracted.
Quite exciting at times and just peculiar at others.
Still don’t know if we’re getting Waghorn, Wells, both or nether of them, but there does seem to be a height limit on most of the incomers.
Are we going to become the Derby Diddymen?

Good question MoP. All seems very odd and the ‘deals’ all seem so mysterious and protracted.
Still don’t know if we’re getting Waghorn, Wells, both or nether of them, but there does seem to be a height limit on most of the incomers.

RA Wells is not coming straight cash deal (you can probably guess how i know

I think a lot depended on the sale of Vydra. As with the premier league, one big sale sets off a chain of deals. It's all relative, depending on the league you're in.

I think a lot depended on the sale of Vydra. As with the premier league, one big sale sets off a chain of deals. It's all relative, depending on the league you're in.

I’m sure you’re right but it still seems strange. The Waghorn thing has been dragging on for a week now. He seemed to be heading for Boro’ and then suddenly us and now...who knows?
Can’t honestly see why we’d need both Waghorn and Wells, given what we already have, and I’m just surprised we’re not looking to spend on that missing combative midfielder rather than on another little forward.

I’m sure you’re right but it still seems strange. The Waghorn thing has been dragging on for a week now. He seemed to be heading for Boro’ and then suddenly us and now...who knows?
Can’t honestly see why we’d need both Waghorn and Wells, given what we already have, and I’m just surprised we’re not looking to spend on that missing combative midfielder rather than on another little forward.

Wells in on loan is not on the dcfc website nor on any of the myriad of sites trawled by Newsnow. It would appear he isn't on his way.

Never heard of ‘Newsnow’ MA. I have one cautious inside source and the local press, both of whom confirmed the interest in Wells.
Anyway, Waghorn has, at last, signed, so it probably was all dependent on getting the Vydra deal over the line and maybe our interest in Wells is now ended,
Wish Vyds well but I suspect he’s too much of a confidence player to thrive at a higher level. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in the Championship this time next year...but thanks Burnley.

Last edited:
Well this doesn’t come from it, but there is a suggestion that we’re looking at Kuzscak from Brum, Bayliss from Coventry and/or Aribo from Charlton.
Can’t help thinking we need another keeper and the other two might be one’s for the future.

Newsnow picks up everything linked to Derby and Rams, but that includes anything to do with our last opponents and our next ones, also Ramsbottom United. Some of the websites are one man and his dog, so you need to get in the habit of which stories to ignore.

Newsnow picks up everything linked to Derby and Rams, but that includes anything to do with our last opponents and our next ones, also Ramsbottom United. Some of the websites are one man and his dog, so you need to get in the habit of which stories to ignore.

Lol...Ramsbottom United...aka Harry Williams United...founder and chairman who’s had the ‘stadium’ named after himself.

Makes you realise how comparatively lacking in ego Mel Morris is, especially as he’s reported as having put over £100m in over the last three years.

Last edited:
Lol...Ramsbottom United...aka Harry Williams United...founder and chairman who’s had the ‘stadium’ is named after him.

Makes you realise how comparatively lacking in ego Mel Morris is, especially as he’s reported as having put over £100m in over the last three years.

It still amazes me how much criticism he gets. He's done everything he can with nothing but good intentions. Sure, he's made mistakes with managerial appointments and backed his managers with some poor signings, but then he would have been criticised for not backing the manager, who knows more about football than him. All of his managerial appointments were generally welcomed at the time.

What he has done is to spend some of his money wisely on training facilities and the ground and generally making the club fit for the premier. Down the road and at other clubs, they've had rich owners who haven't spent a penny preparing the infrastructure for the premier.

It still amazes me how much criticism he gets. He's done everything he can with nothing but good intentions. Sure, he's made mistakes with managerial appointments and backed his managers with some poor signings, but then he would have been criticised for not backing the manager, who knows more about football than him. All of his managerial appointments were generally welcomed at the time.

What he has done is to spend some of his money wisely on training facilities and the ground and generally making the club fit for the premier. Down the road and at other clubs, they've had rich owners who haven't spent a penny preparing the infrastructure for the premier.[

Ram you're right those who call MM are pathetic Imo There are a few owners in the Championship who are just asset strippers You could never call MM that . Look at Bristol Cty they probably have the riches owner in the division and he's sold there three best players Flint Bryan and Reid for £21 million Suppose somebody has to pay for their new stand

What he has done is to spend some of his money wisely on training facilities and the ground and generally making the club fit for the premier. Down the road and at other clubs, they've had rich owners who haven't spent a penny preparing the infrastructure for the premier.

Absolutely right , anybody who puts their hand in their pocket to fund a football club deserves some recognition and one can't fault his motives - now wheres Angryram when you need him.

...and he may have just spent some more...on Scott Malone from Huddersfield.
Big lad...might be au revoir for Fozzy if true.

Latest Rams News