Whats Glaring | Vital Football

Whats Glaring

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
is we dont have any over seas technically gifted players. dont say mouse cause hes a waste of space and time .
looking at all the other sides,they have brazilain,argentinian french belgium dutch german african american eastern european , we have berge . theres got to be quality from aroung the world to come into our squad in january ,but i suppose itll be too late by then. id also go and recruit brentfords scouts and swap em with ours. but dont sell the absolute belters they get in

The Lookman goal was such a fitting example of what all our opponents have and what we don't.

We haven't even attempted to sign a player like that in the entire time Wilder's been here.

We had one in Brooks but rarely bothered to play him.

The Lookman goal was such a fitting example of what all our opponents have and what we don't.

We haven't even attempted to sign a player like that in the entire time Wilder's been here.

We had one in Brooks but rarely bothered to play him.
couldnt agree more. theres more quality in the champ then what we have creative wise. we,ve gone from the free flowing beautiful team into a horrid turgid whipping boys, cause we havnt improved on the starting 11, we got better reserves but not better than first 11. the mistake is right there. it should have been better first 11 or at least 3 or 4 pushing the likes of norwood egan and mcburnie onto the bench ,replacing with better then get rid of last years benchers. thats how ya move forward

We have made blatant mistakes in the transfer market.

Not signing a creative player was an absolute stinker.

Going with what we already had in midfield has ensured we remain flat.

We're basically stuck with McGoldrick as our only link man. Imagine that. Incredible.

And even injuries are happening now. JOC, Mousset and Fleck are big misses.

Brewster needs to work miracles.

Again though, I'll mention the lack of fans. The management could hardly plan for that. This country's staggering spineless incompetence reaching unprecedented levels couldn't have been easily predicted. And if we had fans in, I think we'd comfortably survive even with the current squad. It's a big factor that we've been deprived of. If they knew no fans would be in all season there would've been more urgency to sign serious quality to compensate.

Last edited:
We have made blatant mistakes in the transfer market.

Not signing a creative player was an absolute stinker.

Going with what we already had in midfield has ensured we remain flat.

We're basically stuck with McGoldrick as our only link man. Imagine that. Incredible.

And even injuries are happening now. JOC, Mousset and Fleck are big misses.

Brewster needs to work miracles.
just cant see brewster doing anything in this team to be honest. Another 23 million spent lol. 65 million on berge brewster and mcburnie dear god.

wilson
fraser
beundia
benarama
bowen
brooks
snodgrass
but to name a few ,its a shame cause the club deserves better

A Buendia type and a McBurnie upgrade should have been signed.

Wilder, despite having the option of Berge, seems to have totally committed to playing with a flat midfield and no attacking midfielder.

This when we can't expect to have the same defensive record.

Mistake.

A Buendia type and a McBurnie upgrade should have been signed.

Wilder, despite having the option of Berge, seems to have totally committed to playing with a flat midfield and no attacking midfielder.

This when we can't expect to have the same defensive record.

Mistake.
spot on 100 percent correct

just cant see brewster doing anything in this team to be honest. Another 23 million spent lol. 65 million on berge brewster and mcburnie dear god.

wilson
fraser
beundia
benarama
bowen
brooks
snodgrass
but to name a few ,its a shame cause the club deserves better
A few of those have gone for similar fees where we fall down is the wages we can’t compete some of those if not all will be on double what we would be paying them in this respect CW is right in that we hit the prem too soon but as we all said you have to grasp the opportunities when they arise, this is when CW will really earn his corn he’s done it before but can he do it against the best with inferior tools 🤷‍♂️🙏

A few of those have gone for similar fees where we fall down is the wages we can’t compete some of those if not all will be on double what we would be paying them in this respect CW is right in that we hit the prem too soon but as we all said you have to grasp the opportunities when they arise, this is when CW will really earn his corn he’s done it before but can he do it against the best with inferior tools 🤷‍♂️🙏
Yes he can do it,it'll be difficult tho, i don't deny that. UTMPB

We're skint. But there were punts that could have been taken, Bersant Celina being signed instead of Lowe perhaps ?

I can't fathom why at least one extra loan wasn't brought in to cover midfield. How can we go from wanting Swift to settling with what we've got ?

I've resigned myself to the fact that it doesn't matter who the manager is there will never be any quality, craft, class, guile, skill or creativity.

The entire club from top to bottom is about industry, graft, attitude and versatile squad members

When it works it's ok, it's nowt sparkling, but ok, it generates a bit of excitement occasionally, but generally just provides hard fought and fairly boring wins.

When it isn't working it is God damned amatuerish fucking awful

And that's as good as it'll ever get for us.

Hard fought boring wins
Or
Absolutely God damned fucking awful

We're skint. But there were punts that could have been taken, Bersant Celina being signed instead of Lowe perhaps ?

I can't fathom why at least one extra loan wasn't brought in to cover midfield. How can we go from wanting Swift to settling with what we've got ?

Because Lunny reluctantly decided to sit out the last year of his contract, of course!

Good old Lunny. He couldn't possibly fail to repeat his contribution of last season.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it doesn't matter who the manager is there will never be any quality, craft, class, guile, skill or creativity.

The entire club from top to bottom is about industry, graft, attitude and versatile squad members

When it works it's ok, it's nowt sparkling, but ok, it generates a bit of excitement occasionally, but generally just provides hard fought and fairly boring wins.

Hard fought boring wins
Or

Please go and post this as a thread on S2 :ROFLMAO:

Is there a suicide watch in place.
Last 4 yrs must have imagined that, we were due a sticky patch Wilder needs to dig in and battle through it. Its down to him and the players to turn it around, as it always is,lack of crowd side issue everybody in the same boat just deal with it.

Hard fought boring wins
Or
Tbf the football I’ve witnessed this 2 or 3 yrs is some of the best I’ve seen us play in 40 odd yrs of watching us we’ve suddenly stopped doing what we were doing well some of that is down to injuries and personnel changes and some I think is down to the intensive schedule we had to keep to the back end of last season our game is so high intensive it’s hard to keep it up when games come at you so fast now it’s starting to be a confidence thing as results are not coming so the tactics have changed where as before we pressed and overloaded down the sides it’s easier to turn and play it safe or drop deep and become hard to get through whether they are seeing this or not is open to conjecture but it makes for very poor watching atm but it was oh so good not so long ago

Tbf the football I’ve witnessed this 2 or 3 yrs is some of the best I’ve seen us play in 40 odd yrs of watching us we’ve suddenly stopped doing what we were doing well some of that is down to injuries and personnel changes and some I think is down to the intensive schedule we had to keep to the back end of last season our game is so high intensive it’s hard to keep it up when games come at you so fast now it’s starting to be a confidence thing as results are not coming so the tactics have changed where as before we pressed and overloaded down the sides it’s easier to turn and play it safe or drop deep and become hard to get through whether they are seeing this or not is open to conjecture but it makes for very poor watching atm but it was oh so good not so long ago
Did you think the first half was a poor watch then Bully? We ran out of steam 2nd half especially Sander but it's hardly surprising given he played every minute of all 3 games for Norway.UTMPB

Is there a suicide watch in place.
Last 4 yrs must have imagined that, we were due a sticky patch Wilder needs to dig in and battle through it. Its down to him and the players to turn it around, as it always is,lack of crowd side issue everybody in the same boat just deal with it.

It's not about the last four years.

We already had a good team, we showed that last year with largely the team that got us promoted, and some of them that got us promoted twice.

Real quality is a different thing altogether.

The fans of this club are being cheated, never will we witness something with absolute genuine quality because the club doesn't believe in the entertainment and showmanship in football.

Most of our fans being brought up on this for the last two generations would boo Currie every week if he could have his time again.

Did you think the first half was a poor watch then Bully? We ran out of steam 2nd half especially Sander but it's hardly surprising given he played every minute of all 3 games for Norway.UTMPB
All I could think was if we can’t put these chances away then we’re goin to be stuck in the bottom 3 all season Fulham really are the whipping boys teams will have a birthday playing against them that was our easiest game this season and we flunked it, it will only get harder from here

It's not about the last four years.

We already had a good team, we showed that last year with largely the team that got us promoted, and some of them that got us promoted twice.

Real quality is a different thing altogether.

The fans of this club are being cheated, never will we witness something with absolute genuine quality because the club doesn't believe in the entertainment and showmanship in football.

Most of our fans being brought up on this for the last two generations would boo Currie every week if he could have his time again.

Real quality costs and our owner doesn't possess that commodity. Fans being cheated don't get that didn't you enjoy the last 4 years. At the end of the day the continuation of SUFC is the important thing shit or bust not for me IMO