Whats Glaring | Page 3 | Vital Football

Whats Glaring

No envy whatsoever mi owd pal.Will you be giving him the benefit of your opinion or not? Telling him he's wasted £80 million plus? :shake:McBurnie's £18million isn't it,haven't we got back more than we paid for Robinson?Brewster's £23 million with all the add ons isn't it? If he's as crap as you say they'll be no add ons will there? UTMPB
whos crap,only mcburnie ,if you implying i said brewster is crap show me where.what im saying about the 23 million is it could have been spent on a here and now to keep us in the prem not a going to be signing. i have no idea what brewster plays like cause ive never seen him play. hopefully hes a top top player. if we survive this season then game on. fingers crossed but i cant see it at least until january.plus i dont have to tell him hes wasted 80 million the results are showing him you me and the owners he wasted upto now the 80 million. but time will tell if its a total waste. unless the owners and wilder as got a long term plan as in
we buy the young up and coming potential that could in the long run establish us as a premiership side we have risen too early but could go back down when we platau out,but we,ll come stronger when the young talent develops ,so if we do go down its not a suprise. probably why wilders said we reached the prem prematurely

Last edited:
Problem is teams don’t bounce like they used to as their squads are picked apart by the prem vultures both Norwich and Bournemouth have lost their best players I’m pretty certain we wouldn’t be able to resist any overtures

Bogle will add to our ‘flair’ levels when he replaces Baldock but I will just add one thing, confidence is key. How did Harry’s team play like clowns up to Christmas and Champions after? Confidence.

Fans of any club would be foolish to write their team off until they’ve got that first win monkey off their backs. Sure the odds favour the doom mongers, but the facts are that time and again seasons can turn upside down. Teams start crap and then win things or end up in the play offs, and also teams get off to an absolute flyer, lose a couple and then end up struggling...it wouldn’t surprise me Villa did that.

The base is still there, 3rd best defence on the league and yet we are in the mire ATM. This is a crazy year results wise and performance wise across the league seemingly, with us as the stand out exception.

We've not scored enough and we've not been thrashed unlike virtually all the rest. Will it settle down or have we got the wrong formula in a crazy year?

It was fine margins last year and we were on the right side of the line. This year we've strayed over that line and are so much the worse for it but there's a long way to go and, as GB says, there's plenty of examples of 'write offs'coming good.

The next 3 will be interesting in that, whilst we didn't get much from 2 of them them last year, we didn't get thrashed either.I reckon this will be a big pointer as to how the season might pan out.

How did Harry’s team play like clowns up to Christmas and Champions after? Confidence.
But they didn’t play like clowns they actually played ok and well in some games (I know I went to all of them) it really was a case of the rub of the green and bad luck,maybe the odd chance went begging due to confidence but we never played like clowns and it’s why the fans stuck with them cos we could see it was just a matter of time before it all clicked. And in the same way you could see we were getting relegated to the pub league the last time by October this has a similar look and feel about it, I so want to be wrong about this and for Chris and the team to prove me wrong but the signs aren’t good

The next 3 will be interesting in that, whilst we didn't get much from 2 of them them last year, we didn't get thrashed either.I reckon this will be a big pointer as to how the season might pan out.
For me the big pointer was yesterday not being able to score in open play against the worst defence in the league

The base is still there, 3rd best defence on the league and yet we are in the mire ATM
it isn’t tho is it we’ve lost 2 big players from the back 6 take one out and we werent as effective take 2 out and it causes serious breeches

But they didn’t play like clowns they actually played ok and well in some games (I know I went to all of them) it really was a case of the rub of the green and bad luck,maybe the odd chance went begging due to confidence but we never played like clowns and it’s why the fans stuck with them cos we could see it was just a matter of time before it all clicked. And in the same way you could see we were getting relegated to the pub league the last time by October this has a similar look and feel about it, I so want to be wrong about this and for Chris and the team to prove me wrong but the signs aren’t good
I don’t think many Blades gave us a cat in hell’s chance of turning it around that season under Harry mate, we‘d down by Christmas according to some which just goes to prove that nobody knows. As the the games, I never missed as game home or away back then either and IMO we were ok in some and poor in others. You don’t get bad results due to rub of the green over nearly half a season...5 games maybe. Yesterday second half was the first game that I felt that we’ve had any sort of rub of the green so far this season and I don’t think we’ve played that bad in the main. Certainly no worse than the Bassett team did early that season.

As for having gut feelings about what may happen, I’ve got friends and family Blades who always have bad vibes and also some who always think we’re going to smash it but the fact is they know feck all mate just like those on forums and social media. I‘d never give up on any team turning it around because I’ve seen so many different teams in different divisions do just that over the years, let also one managed by Wilder. Total crap and apathy to a relegation beating turn-around and even winning promotion for no apparant reason.

Note I’m not saying we WILL get out of it, there’s the subtle difference to those who are already saying as a statement of fact that we’re doomed. Truth is that I’ve no idea mate but anything could happen in the next 7-8 months and probably will. ⚔️

For me the big pointer was yesterday not being able to score in open play against the worst defence in the league

The base is still there, 3rd best defence on the league and yet we are in the mire ATM
it isn’t tho is it we’ve lost 2 big players from the back 6 take one out and we werent as effective take 2 out and it causes serious breeches
What I'm saying is that record shows we still have a solid base even though we are 2 men down from last year.Having said that I think Ramsdale is looking very solid ( and, in a short period, seems to have improved already and has a better spring than the leaden footed player he looked (to me) early on) so it's more a change of personnel than a downgrade on that one.

The massive miss is JOC and that takes away so much from us going forward as it does to our solidity. We've all but dropped the o/lapping centre halves system that everyone knew and lauded us for.

That's the biggest gap, the biggest loss. We're not getting the overloads at pace and clubs can now sit in and pick us off knowing that we are have a weakness there.

Without JOC do we change to 4 4 2

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Basham Stevens
Bogle Berge Norwood Lowe
McGoldrick Brewster

The experience of Norwood and McGoldrick but with the youth and athletism of Bogle, Lowe and Brewster.
I know Lowe is out for 10 days but you could sub with Osborn for now.
Burke goes up top when McGoldrick is running out of steam and Lundstrum adds some legs when Norwood is flagging. The back 4 looks solid. Berge to add the quality and drive in the middle.

I don’t think many Blades gave us a cat in hell’s chance of turning it around that season under Harry mate, we‘d down by Christmas according to some which just goes to prove that nobody knows. As the the games, I never missed as game home or away back then either and IMO we were ok in some and poor in others. You don’t get bad results due to rub of the green over nearly half a season...5 games maybe. Yesterday second half was the first game that I felt that we’ve had any sort of rub of the green so far this season and I don’t think we’ve played that bad in the main. Certainly no worse than the Bassett team did early that season.

As for having gut feelings about what may happen, I’ve got friends and family Blades who always have bad vibes and also some who always think we’re going to smash it but the fact is they know feck all mate just like those on forums and social media. I‘d never give up on any team turning it around because I’ve seen so many different teams in different divisions do just that over the years, let also one managed by Wilder. Total crap and apathy to a relegation beating turn-around and even winning promotion for no apparant reason.

Note I’m not saying we WILL get out of it, there’s the subtle difference to those who are already saying as a statement of fact that we’re doomed. Truth is that I’ve no idea mate but anything could happen in the next 7-8 months and probably will. ⚔️
We must move in different circles all I remember from back then was everyone I went with bein positive on the whole but time twists memories
if we all knew what was gonna happen we’d all be millionaires pal winning every week on the fixed odds instead of every now and again so in that respect I won’t give up on em but from what I’ve seen so far if we can’t score which so far we’ve struggled with and can’t keep clean sheets which we have also struggled with then the signs aren’t good,I’d take where we are now at the end of the season tho it’s likely we will be back in the bottom 3 in a couple of hrs time

whos crap,only mcburnie ,if you implying i said brewster is crap show me where.what im saying about the 23 million is it could have been spent on a here and now to keep us in the prem not a going to be signing. i have no idea what brewster plays like cause ive never seen him play. hopefully hes a top top player. if we survive this season then game on. fingers crossed but i cant see it at least until january.plus i dont have to tell him hes wasted 80 million the results are showing him you me and the owners he wasted upto now the 80 million. but time will tell if its a total waste. unless the owners and wilder as got a long term plan as in
we buy the young up and coming potential that could in the long run establish us as a premiership side we have risen too early but could go back down when we platau out,but we,ll come stronger when the young talent develops ,so if we do go down its not a suprise. probably why wilders said we reached the prem prematurely
Post 35 you say don't pay £23 million for Brewster and it would go on wages for someone else so yeah i took that as you sayin it's a poor signing.Like it's so easy to sign players who you,me and everyone else on social media thinks would be good signings the difference is when we suggest these players we don't know the finances involved and as some of us know it's very easy to spend other folks money,money that they apparently haven't got.I've said before i would imagine we're all disappointed with our start,i know i am but i don't think we've been slaughtered yet and Villa struggled to break our 10 men down for 80 odd minutes and they're doing quite well don't ya think.I'm worried obviously but will i be chucking the towel for the season no chance.UTMPB

We must move in different circles all I remember from back then was everyone I went with bein positive on the whole but time twists memories
if we all knew what was gonna happen we’d all be millionaires pal winning every week on the fixed odds instead of every now and again so in that respect I won’t give up on em but from what I’ve seen so far if we can’t score which so far we’ve struggled with and can’t keep clean sheets which we have also struggled with then the signs aren’t good,I’d take where we are now at the end of the season tho it’s likely we will be back in the bottom 3 in a couple of hrs time
Yep we’ll definitely be Bully no matter what the result at WBA. My hope is that Brewster settles in quickly and starts scoring a few and that one or two of the others gets off the mark and then kick on. I know I keep banging on about it but confidence is key especially with strikers as we see year after year with Billy. I reckon if McB had already got off the Mark he’d have put one of those chances away yesterday.

I still think we could see a front 3 going forward with Maybe Brewster up top and Burke or Mouse when he‘s fit and McGoldrick behind him. Anyway time will tell mate. 👍⚔️

I appreciate we are defensively sound but the fact is if we concede a goal (we have conceded in every game so far) we then have to score two to win and that's our problem last season and this. Last season we kept 13 clean sheets and that enabled us to amass 35 points, but we only scored 2 or more goals on 8 occasions and that's were we struggle. Can we suddenly start scoring freely never say never but I can't see it. So we need to get back to defending as we did last year asp and keep some clean sheets, then hopefully put some of the chances away to gain some wins. Good luck with that Wilder.

Yep we’ll definitely be Bully no matter what the result at WBA. My hope is that Brewster settles in quickly and starts scoring a few and that one or two of the others gets off the mark and then kick on. I know I keep banging on about it but confidence is key especially with strikers as we see year after year with Billy. I reckon if McB had already got off the Mark he’d have put one of those chances away yesterday.

I still think we could see a front 3 going forward with Maybe Brewster up top and Burke or Mouse when he‘s fit and McGoldrick behind him. Anyway time will tell mate. 👍⚔️
I certainly agree about the confidence thing it’s why I was so disappointed with the results against villa and Leeds I could see the Fulham result happening if we weren’t off the mark and we could be well into nov with maybe only one point on the board and when you’re down there it’s hard to get out not only cos we will be low on confidence but other teams will have their tails up fancying their chances but as folk are saying it is early days and so there is still hope although I’ve heard it said that it’s that that kills you

Without JOC do we change to 4 4 2

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Basham Stevens
Bogle Berge Norwood Lowe
McGoldrick Brewster

The experience of Norwood and McGoldrick but with the youth and athletism of Bogle, Lowe and Brewster.
I know Lowe is out for 10 days but you could sub with Osborn for now.
Burke goes up top when McGoldrick is running out of steam and Lundstrum adds some legs when Norwood is flagging. The back 4 looks solid. Berge to add the quality and drive in the middle.
that team would get hammered totally hammered no way can ya ply norwood in a flat 2 centre mid we,d get destroyed

Post 35 you say don't pay £23 million for Brewster and it would go on wages for someone else so yeah i took that as you sayin it's a poor signing.Like it's so easy to sign players who you,me and everyone else on social media thinks would be good signings the difference is when we suggest these players we don't know the finances involved and as some of us know it's very easy to spend other folks money,money that they apparently haven't got.I've said before i would imagine we're all disappointed with our start,i know i am but i don't think we've been slaughtered yet and Villa struggled to break our 10 men down for 80 odd minutes and they're doing quite well don't ya think.I'm worried obviously but will i be chucking the towel for the season no chance.UTMPB
no i was saying the 23 million could be spent on a more safer premiership signing for the here and now so dont twist mi words rodders i expect better of you. theres better quality out there than what weve spent 80 odd million on fact

no i was saying the 23 million could be spent on a more safer premiership signing for the here and now so dont twist mi words rodders i expect better of you. theres better quality out there than what weve spent 80 odd million on fact

Can you let CW know that he can borrow my time-machine. He'll be able to go back and have a word with himself...

that team would get hammered totally hammered no way can ya ply norwood in a flat 2 centre mid we,d get destroyed
I take your point regarding Norwood. We could put Ampadu in there so we have a flat midfield of Bogle, Berge, Ampadu and Lowe. I appreciate it is experimental but that does have a lot of energy in it, something we will need in the next 2 games.
The major issue now is we need to creative more chances for the front 2 and try and get more of the ball in midfield. However we also need to keep tight at the back which is our one USP. A very diffuclt balance.

Why if it's fact do you think the best manager we've had since Gentleman John didn't sign these better quality players Twirls? Surely someone so close to St Christopher knows gettin players to sign isn't as simple as sayin King from Bournemouth's a decent player let's get him or David Brooks he's a good un let's get him back.No transfer is guaranteed to succeed and after only 15 minutes of seein Brewster on the pitch i'll wait till i start sayin it's a poor signin.UTMPB