Whatever happened to the likely lads | Vital Football

Whatever happened to the likely lads

My generation as well Mac always loved it although i am not old enough to remember it first time around.

Thanks for this. It amused my son that I had to record it. He has heard over the years that my best mate was Bob and I was Terry, he married a Thelma too but his wife was much prettier. Once lived next door to the Billy Brown who went to sea and who was at school with Ian la Frenais. Also worked in the Collingwood Arms, the one where Bob lost his keys down the drain.

One of the best shows ever. Loved it first time round and still do. The episode where they were up for fighting is an all time classic.

Brilliant. My favourites are the one where they cycle to Berwick and the one where they try and avoid the England score. The bike one you get some cracking shots of the banks in blaydon going down to the river and my old primary school. I think it was where Terry's sister lived, on an estate that was new at the time. It's over 40 years old now.

I, a classic. Funny how one was a cockney and one a mackem yet it still seemed like they were Geordies.

I think the best one was when Newcastle where in Europe and did not want to know the score , after all the near misses of people telling them the score , the match was cancelled because of the weather .

It was an England game I think Braith. They saw the start of a Chronicle headline saying "ENGLAND F..." then tried to guess what it meant. Turned out it meant ENGLAND FLOODED OUT.