What was the last film you watched | Page 484 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Krull

A classic from my childhood, Lord of The Rings meets Star Wars (Is probably how it was pitched) safe to say it doesn't hold up these days, but not much does from back then. Features a very young Liam Neeson in one of his first roles.

11/10

Instant Family - it's a family friendly comedy with Mahk Wahlberg. It's not that funny but it's quite a sweet family film. 7/10

News Of The World - Our very own Tom Hanks stars in this slow film about an orphaned girl who Hanks comes across by accident and ends up helping.

It's beautiful. Most of the film is Hanks riding across wild west era Texas. It never feels dull but it is slow, old-timey paced.

It's okay but it never feels gripping. 6/10

I suspect that a lot of slow films are coming out at the moment because cinemas are closed. They are the kind of films that people are much more likely to watch at home than pay to watch on the big screen. After cinemas have been flooded with by-the-numbers superhero films for the past few years, it's a nice change of pace but I think my next one will be something with more action.

The Dig - I put it on because Ralph Fiennes is in it. He really is very good. Anyway, it's a fantastic film. It's very slow and melancholic so it's not for everyone. I guess you have to be in the right mood for it. 8/10

Yes, this. Not my usual thing, but really lovely film, beautifully shot, based on a true story, the sort of pace I needed to just relax.

Coming 2 America.

Sequel to the 1988 Eddie Murphy film about an African prince who goes to America to find a bride.

Was expecting it to be awful but actually really enjoyed it. Nothing remarkable but very watchable and nostalgic.

6.5/10

Cold Pursuit - it's still on but I'm bored of it already. It's weird. It's a Liam Neeson revenge film but they tried to add a lot of comedic moments that really don't belong in this type of film. Throw in some kookie characters and some upbeat music and it feels like a film that hasn't a clue what it's trying to be.

Coming to America 2.

I love the original, always have. Guilty pleasure film ( alongside Mrs Doubtfire)

This was dreadful and was always going to be but I expected it so went with it . Made me laugh more than a few times. As Deano said , nostalgic and worth it just to see the barber shop characters again.

Green Book - this is one I've wanted to watch for a while. I think it won an oscar but never came out in the cinema here. It's kind of a buddy movie about a very stuck up black piano virtuoso and an Italian American guy who gets hired to drive/mind him on a concert tour of the south. It's based on a true story. I really enjoyed it. 8/10

The Hunt... 90 mins of far fetched, ridiculous, gory, action. Brilliant! Like The Purge films (think it is the same makers) you take these sorts of films for what they are. Mad! lol