What was the last film you watched | Page 470 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

We watched a film called The Wave on Wednesday... it was pretty naff.

This afternoon we've just watched another film called The Wave from 2015 and it was really good.

This one starred Kristoffer Joner, Ane Dahl Torp, Jonas Hoff Oftebro.

Although anticipated, no one is really ready when the mountain pass above the scenic, narrow Norwegian fjord Geiranger collapses and creates an 85-meter high violent tsunami. A geologist is one of those caught in the middle of it.

It's a Norwegian film so has sub-titles but don't let that put you off, I recommend this if you like a disaster movie. 8.5/10.

Knives Out. Star studded who dunnit, old school type of thing, glad I stuck with it, because to start with I thought it was going to be a farce and I don't really like farces. Was decent. Think @DeanoVilla recommended it but can't see anything in this thread.

And a classic stones song to end it as well, which gives it another 1 point!

7.94/9.23

Tonight we watched a film called Pet starring Dominic Monaghan, Ksenia Solo & Jennette McCurdy.

Jennette McCurdy? Now there's a blast from the past. I used to watch her on kids' TV back in the day (just in case that sounds dodgy, we're the same age!) She's a cute little thing now, but anyway, I digress.

Re-watched the original Men in Black last week, still a great film. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are a great partnership with a lot of chemistry which is enjoyable to watch. Shame the others were not quite as good. Worth watching just to get this quote in context:

"A person is smart. But people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Watched Knives Out last night. I really enjoyed it. It was a slow start as you say, and I was a bit wary about Daniel Craig putting on a strong Texan accent, but it does start to get interesting and some great little twists towards the end.

A good, fresh take on the whole 'whodunnit' genre.

7.8 out of 10.

@The Fear :tongue:

Oh, I didn't go that far back, thought it was more recent! lol But agree with you both, the start made me wonder whether to bother to keep watching it, glad I did.

The Quake starring Kristoffer Joner, Ane Dahl Torp & Edith Haagenrud-Sande.

In 1904 an earthquake of magnitude 5.4 on the Richter scale shook Oslo, with an epicenter in the "Oslo Graben" which runs under the Norwegian capital. There are now signs that indicate that we can expect a major future earthquake in Oslo.

Excellent follow up to The Wave (see above) this Norwegian action, drama/thriller again has sub titles but they don't distract from an cracking drama. 7.5/10

The Pledge

A mystery type movie from 2001 starring Jack Nicholson plus a whole bunch of famous faces and directed by Sean Penn.

Kind of eerie subject matter, he's a newly retired cop and has to solve one last case involving child murder. The end was unexpected and strange, might have to watch it again sometime.

?/10

Watched a great oldie this afternoon from 1965. The Flight of the Phoenix. It stars James Stewart, Richard Attenborough, Peter Finch, Hardy Kruger, George Kennedy.

For those of you who perhaps have not seen this, it's about a plane crash in the Sahara, one of the survivors says he's an airplane designer and they can make a flyable plane from the wreckage.

Each character has his own 'demons' which come apparent in this absorbing survival, adventure drama. 8/10

JoJo Rabbit.

A World War II satire that follows a lonely German boy named Jojo (Roman Griffin Davis) whose world view is turned upside down when he discovers his single mother (Scarlett Johansson) is hiding a young Jewish girl (Thomasin McKenzie) in their attic. Aided only by his idiotic imaginary friend, Adolf Hitler (Taika Waititi), Jojo must confront his blind nationalism.

Some may think it's controversial, I thought it was funny and highly original.

8/10.

Jobs - Ashton Kutcher plays Stevie Jobs. It's good. Jobs was a dick but he had a vision for what he wanted computers to be like. 7/10

The Village in the Woods starring Rebecca Johnson, Richard Hope & Therese Bradley.

Every village, every person, has a secret...none more so than the inhabitants of this isolated, murky village whose fate relies on the luring of two unsuspecting pawns to satisfy their appetite and determine their being.

Supposed creepy mystery thriller. Not that good. 6/10