What was the last film you watched | Page 358 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

David Brent - Life On The Road... I actually found it a bit sad. Liked his 'I can live without being a success, but I couldn't live with not trying' quote though...

'I couldn't live with not trying'

One everyone could live by !

BodyButter - 25/12/2016 04:48

Melon Donkey - 25/12/2016 08:16

BodyButter - 20/12/2016 15:25

In the end of the film, the girl and the French fella get fried by the Death Star's huge explosion but wasn't this film set before the other one?

Going to be a bit geeky here!.

The order is correct BB. The planet in Rogue one where the two you mention die is different to the planet blown up in the original star wars.

The death star in Rogue one isnt used to blow up a whole planet. The two planets attacked by the death star dont blow up entirely. That is saved for Alderaan which is the planet completely obliterated in front of Princess Leia in the original Star Wars.

Sorry mate. I'm not up on the terminology so I'm sure it's difficult to understand what I'm talking about.

At the end of Rogue One, the girl (the main character) and the French fella who was helping her get blown up. But isn't this film set before the last one, the one with Kilo Ren in it?

Yes, it is technically set before The Force Awakens (with kilo ren) but there are the three original trilogy films between them so a good few years in time during the continuing story. I think you are thinking of the planet blowing up thing in The Force Awakens which is called The Starkiller which is different to The Death star from Rogue one.

I might be. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan.

At the end of Rogue One, don't the couple embrace as the explosion engulfs them?

The Magnificent 7 (2016) Decent remake to be fair. You'll never out cool the cool Yuk Bryner but a good movie.

David Brent : Life on the road. - not as good as the office but still cringe. Liked it.

Sulley. - always enjoy Tom Hanks. Good film but they added some stuff to make it more interesting than the real events

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them - brilliant, really enjoyed it. Seen it twice at the cinema now. It really links well in to the Harry Potter universe.

Found it a bit sad at some points (David Brent film) Prepared. He so wants to laugh with people whereas they laugh at him!

I'm chilling in a hotel with the family today. Basically, watching movies and lying around.

So far we've watched Ice Age 3 (rubbish), Grown Ups 2 (not bad, very similar to Grown Ups, as you'd expect). We're now watching Pixels.

I turned off The Night Before and put on Run All Night. Liam Neeson is Liam Neeson in a Liam Neeson film. It's decent.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Not finding it as bad as Deano did but it is too long and they are trying to be a bit too clever really.

Well, I loved Rogue One but then I'm not a geek so am not too bothered by faulty plotting. Here's a review by our oldest son.

"Dirty Dozen meets Hunger Games meets Saving Private Ryan with a bits of King Kong, Pearl Harbor, Planet of the Apes. The Quartermass Experiment and From Here to Eternity thrown in. Most of all it reminded me of the 1960s 'quest' WW2 films like Where Eagles Dare or The Guns of Navarone, just a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. If Richard Burton and Anthony Quinn had turned up in CGI form I would not have been surprised.
Fearful, divided rebels working through compromised moral situations facing an over confident new empire, and winning the day and the cause only through the ultimate sacrifice, made of course, with brilliant timing. Even the robot comic relief has his platoon moment. His demise delivering another vital ingredient to the victory. His 'go on without me' message saved from cheese by skipping the violin-filled battle lull that we are used to with a quick few seconds of metallic violence.
After a bit of a scatty first 30 mins this becomes a thumping great film. Welcome to the StarWars family Rebel One, you earned your place at the table."

Trouble With The Curve - Clint Eastwood is Clint Eastwood in a film about a hot young lady trying to connect to her grumpy, old-fashioned father. It's alright.

The Conjuring 2 - I thought the first one was better but it's still good.

I got Pink Floyd 'The Wall' for Chrimbo - haven't seen it in a while. So I watched that last night. And I still have no clue what is going on.

Bob Geldof goes mad and has mother issues. That's about the long and short of it.

:69:

Ha, great album that, you really have to be in the mood though don't you?

The film was pretty decent back in the day as well, I don't think it's aged brilliantly though, you?

If you can get the blue ray of Roger Waters the wall from his tour a couple of years ago. Simply stunning.

Mitty - Ben Stiller is Walter Mitty a boring dude always daydreaming of a more interesting life until he finally gets one. It's entertaining enough.

Suicide Squad.... thoroughly enjoyable nonsense, helped by a cheeky bum in hot pants it has to be said.