What was the last film you watched | Page 515 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Not exactly movie related, but this guy Michael Franzese, who used to be in the Mafia, and is mentioned at the start of Goodfellas is appearing at Villa Park on his speaking tour, tickets are only £100 or more. Oh! Fuggetaboutit!

Firestarter starring Zac Efron & Ryan Kiera Armstrong.

Remake of the 1984 Drew Barrymore film. Not seen that one so nothing to compare. Not bad.

Possible Firestarter 2 in the future? 6.5/10

Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Complicated, confusing but ultimately brilliant Chinese fantasy sci-fi film.

If you've had enough of 'the multiverse' this isn't for you.

However if you can be bothered to sit and watch and concentrate without distractions then it is absolutely worth it.

One of my favourite films for a long while.

Elvis

Really liked it, I never knew the story behind his life (though I'm not sure how factually correct it is) but I thought the lead actor Austin Butler was a great Elvis, and Tom Hanks was also good. I'm amazed that he never performed outside the US.

Now that's a proper headliner!

Absolute garbage then?

Less is more isn't it. Why I have a beef with Disney and Star Wars. These companies absolutely milking it and the quality has suffered. Must be their model to make the max dosh. Make more of lesser quality rather than less with quality and originality. Just so lazy. Plenty of talk about modern music not being all that and magnolia but let's face it much of the cinema nowadays is the same with Marvel and Disney front and centre.

Less is more isn't it. Why I have a beef with Disney and Star Wars. These companies absolutely milking it and the quality has suffered. Must be their model to make the max dosh. Make more of lesser quality rather than less with quality and originality. Just so lazy. Plenty of talk about modern music not being all that and magnolia but let's face it much of the cinema nowadays is the same with Marvel and Disney front and centre.
Yes, any movie that is like 90% green screen with CGI is absolute tripe in my book. Marvel movies over the past decade are the most egregious example of low quality garbage I've ever seen. Absolutely shite populist, soulless, talentless, nonsense. Scorsese was spot on about these films.