What was the last film you watched | Page 490 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Yesterday.

Yesterday is a 2019 musical romantic comedy film directed by Danny Boyle and screenplay by Richard Curtis, based on a story by Jack Barth and Curtis. Himesh Patel stars as struggling musician Jack Malik, who suddenly finds himself the only person who has ever heard of the Beatles and becomes famous after taking credit for their songs.

Decent film!
I rarely watch films but I did watch this. It was ok, a bit silly really. I kept looking at the young girl in it and thinking I know her from somewhere, It was Lily James the one that does the ads for Sky mobile.

She looks a lot younger in the film and all the way through it I kept thinking how lovely she was. Waited till the end to get her name then googled it. She is very, very lovely.

I watched a programme on the BBC a few weeks ago and posted about it in the TV thread. Was my only reason for watching the programme as she wasn't wearing a lot in quite a few scenes. I think you can still watch it on iPlayer.

I rarely watch films but I did watch this. It was ok, a bit silly really. I kept looking at the young girl in it and thinking I know her from somewhere, It was Lily James the one that does the ads for Sky mobile.

Oh good shout. She's lovely! Oh to be young again mate!

Yesterday,I watched Yesterday. Deja Vu.
Disappointed with this film. Loved the idea (if somewhat wacky and off-beat). Started out well and enjoyable but I felt the writers didn't know where to take this film or how to end it. In the end it simply ran out of steam. Wouldn't bother watching it again.

Disappointed with this film. Loved the idea (if somewhat wacky and off-beat). Started out well and enjoyable but I felt the writers didn't know where to take this film or how to end it. In the end it simply ran out of steam. Wouldn't bother watching it again.

Yeah agree. I thought what a great idea . But it was effing dreadful and I found it hugely irritating .

(Apart from Lily James of course :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:)

And talking of the aforementioned Ms James. Or as I call her the future Mrs Melon 2. Check out the pictures of her shooting her new film on the life of Pamela Anderson.

Yes, that’s right. Lily James dressed as a mid 90’s Baywatch Pamela Anderson.

Mrs M and Junior 2 went out shopping so nothing for it due to the inclement weather but to put a film on.

American Gangster

Denzil Washington and Russell Crowe. Based on the true story of Frank Lucas a NY city gangster in the 70’s (Although having read up after the film not much true about the narrative in the film).

However, bloody great . Just my sort of film . Love a bit of gangster me.

Mrs M and Junior 2 went out shopping so nothing for it due to the inclement weather but to put a film on.

American Gangster

Denzil Washington and Russell Crowe. Based on the true story of Frank Lucas a NY city gangster in the 70’s (Although having read up after the film not much true about the narrative in the film).

However, bloody great . Just my sort of film . Love a bit of gangster me.

If you enjoyed that film you should try Godfather of Harlem - series about Bumpy Johnson who is played by Forest Whitaker and his problems competing against the Italian Crime families. Just started watching the second season now, lots of historical moments in it Malcolm X, Muhammed Ali etc. No idea how true the story lines are but very watchable

Black Death

Medieval horror movie set in England during the plague, starring Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne and Carice van Houten. A bunch of God fearing folk go looking for a Necromancer in a village unaffected by the pestilence.

Grim and very good.

8.5/10