What was the last film you watched | Page 488 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

I've now got Disney+ but it's mostly kids films and superhero nonsense.

The kids put on Soul. It started off great with the guy being a jazz pianist. I thought I might actually stay and watch it but then he fell down a hole and was supposed to be dead but he's trying to get back to life. Ffs. I'll read a book so.

Logan - It's the end of Wolverine. I've seen it before but it's been a while. It's good. It's very different from the superhero standard films. 7.5/10

Ford Vs Ferarri - good film. It's a great story well told. They stuck pretty close to the facts too. I enjoyed it a lot.

Ken Miles' son wears a Villa jersey in it so bonus point for that.

Last edited:
Deadpool 2 - I thought I'd seen it but it turns out that I hadn't. It's very similar to the first one with loads of sarcastic humour but it loses a bit of shine because it's nothing really new. 7/10

Deadpool 2 - I thought I'd seen it but it turns out that I hadn't. It's very similar to the first one with loads of sarcastic humour but it loses a bit of shine because it's nothing really new. 7/10

Good manic watch. I thought the second was actually better in terms of action, jokes, plot but yes, having seen it before it didn't have the original's shine. Loved it lol

Blinded by the Light.

"In England in 1987, a teenager from an Asian family learns to live his life, understand his family and find his own voice through the music of American rock star Bruce Springsteen."

Watched this last night and enjoyed it.

It's a true story and I confirm that after visiting Luton twice to see the Villa, the ground is a true reflection of the town and both are indeed a total shithole.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8266310/

The Football Factory

Not seen it in years, still a fun watch with some hilarious bits, and the best of any of those hooligan movies that came out around the same time. Green Street was the other big one, rubbish that was.

9/10

The Football Factory

Not seen it in years, still a fun watch with some hilarious bits, and the best of any of those hooligan movies that came out around the same time. Green Street was the other big one, rubbish that was.

9/10

Have you seen ID? I thought that one was good. Yeah, Green Street was rubbish.

The Outpost - Amazon, based on a true story, Afghanistan, US army and what not. Very well done actually, just all out balls to the wall battle scenes basically.

Mudbound.

Netflix film about two men , one white, one black in 30’s and 40’s deep south US and the connection they made after they went to fight in WW2 and returned. With a surprise appearance by Mike Ehrmantruat from Breaking Bad/Better call Saul.

Nomadland - it's a weird one. It plays like a documentary. There is a lot of silence and lots of awkward conversations.

Jojo Rabbit - another weird one. A ten year old Nazi-loving boy whose imaginary friend is Hitler finds a Jewish girl in his attic. It's funny and kookie and something very different from the endless stream of superhero films. 7/10

Baphomet starring Colin Ward, Rebecca Weaver and Matthan Harris.

The Richardson family celebrates their 28-year-old daughter's pregnancy in Northern California. The celebration is interrupted when a Satanic cult member, Aksel Brandr, pays them an unexpected visit. Aksel, on behalf of the cult's leader Henrik Brandr, offers to pay the family a large sum for ownership of their land.

Not bad as an option for football. 6.5/10