What was the last film you watched | Page 486 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Finally caught Bohemian Rhapsody last night.

Utterly fantastic and sparked a few conversations with the youngest about the past. With the chats, and the breaking into songs (the endless rewinding) I'll have to apologise to our neighbours next time I see them as we finally finished it at about 4.30am lol

I thought his portrayal was average, his mouthpiece way too big, and it appeared he had mumps. Freddie had large ish teeth, we get it, but he wasn't the fucking elephant man! :lol:

Then again, I am not really a fan of this sort of film, although The Doors was half decent.

With you now. I watched Malik in Mr Robot and genuinely thought it was one of the worst acting roles ever, but he really impressed me in this. Thought he got the voice close enough to be more than passable but absolutely nailed the mannerisms.

No idea on mumps but I have caught talk before about that being related to his voice, but never knew if it was a fact or just one of those internet rumours that had gained traction.

Not seen The Doors one, don't usually watch films like this either but the youngest picked it lol

Love And Monsters. Was in the mood for something light and easy to watch. This fit the bill. Based on a true story when giant monsters take over the world, only for a lad to miss his girlfriend and brave the world to find her.

!

Netflix.

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse on Amazon. Does what it says on the tin, action film. Easy to watch, good effects and so on.

Last edited:
Primer, from way back in 2004. Starring Shane Carruth, David Sullivan & Casey Gooden.

Four friends/fledgling entrepreneurs, knowing that there's something bigger and more innovative than the different error-checking devices they've built, wrestle over their new invention.

Not easy to follow this, but a decent independent drama, sci-fi, thriller. 7/10

That's an insane film, I think the term for the genre is "hard sci-fi", lol.

I believe the two guys who wrote it and star in it are actual qualified mathematicians so the maths in the movie is all legit (or almost)

London Has Fallen - it's an action film starring Gerard Butler. Non-stop shooting and explosions. Butler has some great one liners in it including 'get to the chopper' and 'I'll be back'.

It's good fun. 7/10

Selma.

Events around the voting rights marches led by Martin Luther King in the town of Selma, Alabama in 1965.

Excellent .

On a linked theme i am listening to ‘The Hurricane tapes’ a pod cast on BBC sounds about the conviction of black boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter in 1966 which I can highly recommend. Murky to say the least.
There is a film starring Denzel Washington which I will be looking to watch.

Last edited:
The Dark Tower - I don't usually watch these types of films but it has Idris Elba and Mathew McConaghay?? in it. It was decent enough. The plot was a bit loose but there is some decent action. 6/10

Willy's Wonderland.

Absolutely bonkers B-Movie style horror/comedy staring Nicholas Cage.

His car breaks down and in order to get it fixed he agrees to spend the night in an abandoned kids play park to clean and tidy it up a bit ready for reopening. However all the kids characters start to come to life and try to kill him.

Very odd film. 5/10