What was the last film you watched | Page 485 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Cherry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_(2021_film)

err... not sure, largely hard going really. But as wiki says, good performances.

Cherry is a 2021 American crime drama film directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, from a screenplay by Angela Russo-Otstot and Jessica Goldberg, based on the autofictional novel of the same name by Nico Walker. The film stars Tom Holland, Ciara Bravo, Jack Reynor, Michael Rispoli and Jeff Wahlberg, and follows an Army veteran suffering from PTSD, who resorts to robbing banks to support his opioid addiction.[2]

Cherry was released in theaters on February 26, 2021, and was released digitally on Apple TV+ on March 12, 2021. The film received mostly mixed reviews, which praised the performances of Holland and Bravo but criticized the story.

Martyrs

2008 French psychological horror movie. A girl called Lucie seeks revenge on the people who abducted and tortured her as a child and leads her and Anna, also a victim of abuse, into a spiral of something much more sinister.

One of the most disturbing movies I've seen and not for the squeamish. It's a very interesting concept and goes in a direction you wouldn't expect.

Very good movie, but not exactly one to watch with the family.

8.5/10

Come True

A teenage runaway takes part in a sleep study that becomes a nightmarish descent into the depths of her mind and a frightening examination of the power of dreams.

It's a very good independent movie, and definitely one that will leave you thinking about it afterwards, for better or worse.

8/10

Host

Horror movie from last year made during the pandemic and all played over a Zoom call with 5 friends.

I suppose it was a different approach and original in the way it was filmed, but otherwise completely predictable, a demon running amok, jump scares, blah blah blah

4/10

The Accountant - Ben Affleck. Decent watch really but nothing earth shattering.

Blackkklansman - Spike Lee at his best in my humble.

Wonder Woman 1984

I think the reviews are a bit harsh but it's definitely not as good as the first one. Turns into a 'Monkey's Paw'-type story which shows superheroes in a slightly different light, with WW almost losing her powers rather than having someone slice through everything in their path. A bit too long and light on action sequences but an interesting story. Also not sure why the story is set in 1984. Apart from a few early references it could have been set at any time really. You'll enjoy it if you like superheroes and/or the character. If not, maybe watch the first one before deciding if you want to give this a go.

Bad Trip - this one isn't for everyone but it's absolutely for @DeanoVilla. Eric Andre made an Eric Andre film starring Eric Andre. It's hilarious. It's hilarious all the way through. Top notch.

9/10

The Borderlands

British horror with 3 men, a deacon, a priest and an IT expert working for the Vatican to investigate a "miracle" at a church in the Devon countryside.

As these things go, it was pretty decent and better than a lot of similar movies in this genre, but unless you actually believe in evil spirits and all that jazz you forget about it 5 mins after you've watched it, unlike something like Martyrs which has left a permanent scar on my soul.

6.5/10

The Mauritanian. Prime.
Bit slow to start, but very good. True story of Mohamedou Ould Slahi who was intered in Guantanamo.
Wont go into details in case anyone wishes to watch.

Greenland

is a 2020 American disaster film directed by Ric Roman Waugh and written by Chris Sparling. The film stars Gerard Butler (who also co-produced), Morena Baccarin, Roger Dale Floyd, Scott Glenn, David Denman, and Hope Davis.

On Amazon Prime.

Usually find disaster movies a bit boring, but this was really well done. Gave me renewed hope for end of times as well, which is always important!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenland

is a 2020 American disaster film directed by Ric Roman Waugh and written by Chris Sparling. The film stars Gerard Butler (who also co-produced), Morena Baccarin, Roger Dale Floyd, Scott Glenn, David Denman, and Hope Davis.

On Amazon Prime.

Usually find disaster movies a bit boring, but this was really well done. Gave me renewed hope for end of times as well, which is always important!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, saw it about a month ago.

Good film.

:thumbup:

Bad Trip - this one isn't for everyone but it's absolutely for @DeanoVilla. Eric Andre made an Eric Andre film starring Eric Andre. It's hilarious. It's hilarious all the way through. Top notch.

9/10

OK so first things first.... I have no idea who Eric Andre is so went into this blind.

Me and Mrs Deanovilla put this on after I told her it was recommended. We watched for 5 minutes then turned it off and put a Nicholas cage murder film on.

When Nicholas had saved the day we decided to give it another go. It was OK. Very strong middle section with the vomiting, the gorilla rape and the Chinese 'finger' lock. Other than that it was an average borat rip off.

6/10

Concrete Cowboy - it's about some people in the ghetto who have a stables and ride horses. I'm finding it hard to give it a score. It's just an okay film but it's an unusual topic and kinda sweet. 6.5ish?

It would have been better if the main character was less passive. The story is told from his perspective but, with the exception of a few angry outbursts, he's generally a passenger.

Concrete Cowboy - it's about some people in the ghetto who have a stables and ride horses. I'm finding it hard to give it a score. It's just an okay film but it's an unusual topic and kinda sweet. 6.5ish?

It would have been better if the main character was less passive. The story is told from his perspective but, with the exception of a few angry outbursts, he's generally a passenger.

Yes, nicely shot, but apart from that, was a bit of a :shrug:

The Dead Don't Die - Billy Murray and Adam Driver star in this Netflix zombie film. It's funny in parts. 6/10