What was the last film you watched | Page 471 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Project Power. True story about a new drug that gives humans super animal powers but then some other things happen, then something else and something else. Good cast, but a Netflix film, they aren't the best really are they!?

4.98/9.72

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - it's a goofy comedy about 2 stoners who get mistaken for terrorists. Lots of dick jokes and silly stereotypes but it's decent enough. 6/10

Harold and Kumar is crap, but a guilty pleasure! lol

Stanford Prison Experiment - seen the original before and remembered why I didn't want to watch it again. Tried the reboot - the planet is better without humans.

Harold and Kumar is crap, but a guilty pleasure! lol

Stanford Prison Experiment - seen the original before and remembered why I didn't want to watch it again. Tried the reboot - the planet is better without humans.

There is a chapter in the book Humankind all about what a fraud The Stanford Prison Experiment was. In multiple attempted recreations including a BBC reality series, the results were the complete opposite. The BBC series made for such boring TV it only lasted 4 episodes.

Replications suffer from indemnities and all those protections now - think the nearest was that thing Derren Brown did a few years back, but even that was closely monitored.

Watched one of the Purge films last night.

The film itself was pretty crap but God we could do with a purge every now and again.

I like them, they are ridiculous and for some reason, I just find I can switch off and take them for what they are. Not many films do that for me anymore! And yes, I would love to be judge and jury. Give me a few months, I could cut the population considerably :lol:

Didn't really there was more than one Purge - I'll have to look out for them. Ridiculous as you say JF, but not a bad way to waste 90 odd minutes I thought after the first one.

The Silencing starring Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game of Thrones), Caleb Ellsworth-Clark & Josh Cruddas.

A reformed hunter living in isolation on a wildlife sanctuary becomes involved in a deadly game of cat and mouse when he and the local Sheriff set out to track a vicious killer who may have kidnapped his daughter years ago.

Gritty crime thriller set in the back woods of America. Good film, worth a watch. 7.5/10

Swordfish - it's a big budget action film from 2001 starring John Travolta, Hallie Berry and Hugh Jackman. It's like the gang from The Matrix decided to rob a bank. Lots of slick moves and cool clothes but the plot is full of holes.

4/10

Host starring Haley Bishop, Jemma Moore & Emma Louise Webb.

Six friends hire a medium to hold a seance via Zoom during lockdown, but they get far more than they bargained for as things quickly go wrong. When an evil spirit starts invading their homes, they begin to realize they might not survive the night.

This mystery horror is bang up to date re lockdown etc. Pretty good storyline too. Worth a watch I'd say. 7.5/10.

Didn't really there was more than one Purge - I'll have to look out for them. Ridiculous as you say JF, but not a bad way to waste 90 odd minutes I thought after the first one.

was a series on amazon as well, actually better than the films I thought. Just brainless fun.

There is a prequel film as well that was decent.

Impetigore starring Tara Basro, Ario Bayu & Marissa Anita.

Maya with her best friend, Dini, tries to survive in a city without a family. She realized that she might inherit a property from her rich family. Maya returns to the village with Dini and unaware of the danger waiting for her.

Indonesian film with subtitles. At first I though oh, oh, but it was bloody good. In the mystery, horror, drama category and well made for Indonesia. 7/10

Just watched one of those bloody 'hand held camcorder' style films called Webcast.

It starred Samantha Redford, Joseph Tremain & Nicola Wright. It's about two young filmmakers who suspect their neighbours are involved with the abduction of a teenage girl, so they begin to run surveillance on them, and that's when things start to go wrong.

Decent storyline but the obsession with silly cuts and the usual jumping about with the camcorder spoils it. 6/10

Tonight we've watched brilliant film called The Last Full Measure starring Sebastian Stan, Alison Sudol & Asher Miles Fallica plus many 'old' stars.

Thirty-four years after his death, Airman William H. Pitsenbarger, Jr. ("Pits") is awarded the nation's highest military honor, for his actions on the battlefield. This film shows how and why.

Very good, sometimes emotional drama/war film which is even better because it's a true story. Recommended, and if you do watch it, hold on for the credits at the end....... 8.5/10