What was the last film you watched | Page 469 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Game Night - it was better than I expected. Jason Bateman stars in this film about a couple who organise regular game nights until one goes horribly wrong. Lots of twists and turns but it's funny too. Good film. 7/10

Am a fan of that film myself. Does the whole 'dark comedy' thing really well, never goes too far one way or the other.

Last night we watched a film called The Mothman Prophecies starring Richard Gere, Laura Linney & David Eigenberg.

All about a reporter who is drawn to a small West Virginia town to investigate a series of strange events, including psychic visions and the appearance of bizarre entities.

Fairly old (2002) if you call that old, but a decent mystery drama. 7/10

IT.

There is a reason why I never watch 'horror' films . Utter tripe but passed a couple of hours.

I do worry about people that get scared watching such far fetched horse shit.

May or may not have said on here Melon, but the other week let our youngster watch Freddy v Jason.

Her mates raved about how scary it was, one apparently had nightmares the others questioned why their parents let them watch it etc.

She just giggled.

May or may not have said on here Melon, but the other week let our youngster watch Freddy v Jason.

Her mates raved about how scary it was, one apparently had nightmares the others questioned why their parents let them watch it etc.

She just giggled.

Yep. Much like junior 2 (she is 14) . Aswell as laughing she spent alot of the time questioning why they kept chasing the stupid clown round the sewer and house instead of running away and telling the authorities or the Clown ombudsman for his behaviour :lol:

lol ours is 12, soon to be 13 (unlucky for some!).

But yes - not IT so can't comment directly - but she had plenty of questions of why the people in the film were so stupid and did what they did (although your lass wins the prize for Clown Ombudsman!!!!!).

She genuinely asked after 'is that supposed to have scared me, I've watched comedy that wasn't that funny'.

Somehow, I think we've both brought them up well lol She no longer has a thing for horror/scary films surprisingly but is questioning the IQ of her friends PMSL

The Wave starring Tommy Flanagan, Justin Long & Sheila Vand.

An insurance lawyer goes out on the town to celebrate an upcoming promotion with his co-worker, Jeff. But their night takes a turns bizarre when Frank ingests a hallucinogen that completely alters his perception of the world.

Weird sci-fi thriller-ish..... Bit hard to follow. 5.5/10

Defiance.

WW2 . Some Jews led by James Bond of all people take to the woods in eastern europe to escape the Nazi's.
Naturally Bond nearly dies, kops off with the best looking woman and leads them to survival only this time without the need of a gadgetised Aston Martin or a gun disguised as a pen. Lucky for him even the Nazi's couldn't get a shark tank into the Polish woods.

Pretty decent.

007/10

Last edited:
Defiance.

WW2 . Some Jews led by James Bond of all people take to the woods in eastern europe to escape the Nazi's.
Naturally Bond nearly dies, kops off with the best looking woman and leads them to survival only this time without the need of a gadgetised Aston Martin or a gun disguised as a pen. Lucky for him even the Nazi's couldn't get a shark tank into the polish woods.

Pretty decent.

007/10

It should have been called "A Jew To A Kill"

200.gif

I haven't got the energy for an enquiry into Vital. I can't do a Labour and Tory and just promise one and then never do it!

I'm done!

Anyway, speaking of Bond, I watched 'The Rock' again last night, probably for the 17th time. It's the one Michael Bay film I like. But there's a mad theory that Sean Connery's character is actually Bond, I watched something about it before, must look it up again. Great movie though, one of the best from the 90's.

10/10

I'm done!

Anyway, speaking of Bond, I watched 'The Rock' again last night, probably for the 17th time. It's the one Michael Bay film I like. But there's a mad theory that Sean Connery's character is actually Bond, I watched something about it before, must look it up again. Great movie though, one of the best from the 90's.

10/10

Thank God for that!

The Rock - with Cage? I've not heard that explanation but that does strangely make some sense actually (yes a favourite of mine as well).

Thank God for that!

The Rock - with Cage? I've not heard that explanation but that does strangely make some sense actually (yes a favourite of mine as well).

Yeah, I think it was the writers just having a bit of fun with the parallels and throwing in little bits here and there on purpose. No hard evidence though, apart from he was born in Scotland, trained by the secret service and is Sean Connery! lol

Didn't release it was an official theory, but saw the parallels myself but just assumed it was me reading into it lol