What was the last film you watched | Page 463 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Don't Let them in starring Scott Britton, Louis Dunkin & Amanda Hunt.

Social workers Karl and Jenna fight for their lives in an abandoned hotel, but things are not quite what they seem. The night before Halloween, they must make an unlikely alliance to survive Devil's Night.

B movie, bit of a horror, but I found it quite funny. 5/10

Defiance starring Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber & Jamie Bell.

Jewish brothers in Nazi-occupied Eastern Europe escape into the Belarussian forests, where they join Russian resistance fighters, and endeavor to build a village, in order to protect themselves and about one thousand Jewish non-combatants.

Based on fact. Excellent film. 8/10

The Vast of Night starring Sierra McCormick, Jake Horowitz & Gail Cronauer.

In the twilight of the 1950s, on one fateful night in New Mexico, young switchboard operator Fay and charismatic radio DJ Everett discover a strange audio frequency that could change their small town and the future forever.

Cleverly made sci-fi, mystery thriller. To make up for the low budget, the movie is very dark and makes the most of creepy music and a creepy atmosphere. It is however, recommended if you're into sci-fi genre. Stick with it as it's a little slow in the first 20 minutes. 7.5/10

Girls of the Sun starring Golshifteh Farahani, Emmanuelle Bercot & Zübeyde Bulut.

A Kurdish female battalion prepares to take back their town from extremists.

Gripping and emotional drama/war film based on fact.

Over 7,000 women and girls were taken captive in one swoop by Daesh in the Sinjar Mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan in 2014. Over half of them are still missing. Some escaped from captivity and formed a unit of peshmerga fighters to strike back at those who separated them from their families, killed their loved ones, and starved, tortured, raped and beat them into submission. Girls of the Sun follows these women into battle, through Daesh tunnels, and into minefields of memories as well as explosives. The women are led by Bahar, a former lawyer, who is searching for her son. They are joined by a French war correspondent who has painful war nightmares of her own. The dark experiences and shared suffering of the women strengthens their bond as they face dangers that would make most people quail.

8/10

Some Like It Hot - Curtis and Lemon.

If this lockdown has achieved one thing, I have revisited classics I shouldn't have forgotten!

10/10 for me - keep your comments to yourselves lol

Lake Placid, fantastic fun with a great cast including the wonderful Brendon Gleeson. Top film.

I See You starring Helen Hunt, Jon Tenney & Judah Lewis.

Strange occurrences plague a small town detective and his family as he investigates the disappearance of a young boy.

Not your usual crime horror/mystery. Not really horror, ie there's very little gore or torture, but a very good story line and puzzle. Definitely worth a watch, recommended! 7.5/10.

In response to the continued drivel on the main tv stations and freeview, we watched another film tonight. That being a little british offering called 'The Devil's Machine' starring Jamie Scott Gordon, Jonathan Hansler & Alexandra Hulme.

It's about an antique expert Brendon Cole is sent to authenticate a 300-year-old clockwork doll with notorious history, aka "The Inferno Princess". In the remote Scottish mansion where it was discovered,...

British as I said, low budget, supposed horror. Poor. 4/10

Dark Encounter on Amazon Prime. A British made alien abduction film with a twist. Really not bad and 1000% better put together than Quinten Tarentino's last film, what a dog turd that was!

Back on topic, this is well worth a watch, not perfect but decent especially for a low budget movie.

The Borderlands, another low budget British horror movie which can teach Tarantino a thing or two about editing and carrying an interesting premise. Really quite good and far more atmospheric than many Hollywood so called horrors. Recommended.

We are having a season of Croc/Shark movies at the moment and our latest watch is Rogue. A saltwater croc terrorises a tourist boat in the Australian outback. Terrific fun and well worth the hour and a half investment watching it. Recommended for a bit of fun and some stunning scenery.

Confession time.

Hello, my name is Jonathan Fear, and I really enjoyed the Quentin Tarantino film Lost In Hollywood. I loved the music, and the references to different parts of that era. It was, as his often are, a bit too long, but all in all (not watched recently, saw it at the cinema) I thought it was a good film.

:tophat:

The Borderlands, another low budget British horror movie which can teach Tarantino a thing or two about editing and carrying an interesting premise. Really quite good and far more atmospheric than many Hollywood so called horrors. Recommended.

Just been looking for this one Wurzel. Apparently, that's the original title, but on IMDb it's called 'Final Prayer'.

Dark Waters.

True story. Mark Ruffalo plays a lawyer with a bit between his teeth trying to prove a link between Dupont's production of Teflon with a host of deaths and illnesses.

I have literally never been so angry at the end of a film.

How the fuck do these big companies keep on fucking trading doing the shit that they do? Just checked Google and despite dupont willingly and knowingly poisoning people they are still in America's top 40 largest companies.

Also seems they were also the biggest player in the whole CFC's scandal.

What a bunch of *****! Just kill, pay the fine, move on! Shocking!

Well worth a watch. Good film, but now I'm fucking angry, I feel like the Hulk! (See what I did there?)

Dark Waters.

True story. Mark Ruffalo plays a lawyer with a bit between his teeth trying to prove a link between Dupont's production of Teflon with a host of deaths and illnesses.

I have literally never been so angry at the end of a film.

How the fuck do these big companies keep on fucking trading doing the shit that they do? Just checked Google and despite dupont willingly and knowingly poisoning people they are still in America's top 40 largest companies.

Also seems they were also the biggest player in the whole CFC's scandal.

What a bunch of *****! Just kill, pay the fine, move on! Shocking!

Well worth a watch. Good film, but now I'm fucking angry, I feel like the Hulk! (See what I did there?)

Thanks for the post Deano. I've just checked up on IMDb and will try to watch this over the weekend.