What was the last film you watched | Page 432 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Falling Down - Michael Douglas stars in this 1993 crime drama. It's still a good story but the story of a white guy going on a rampage across LA might be a bit too close to home for a 2019 audience.

7/10

The Revenant.

Lovely scenery and well shot, but good god what an utterly boring film.

And yes . Leo was definitely bummed by the grizzly bear.

Last edited:
The Dirt

Movie about Motely Crue. Not my favourite band by any stretch, but pretty entertaining and interesting movie with some laughs. Hard to imagine any band topped their rock 'n' roll excess. Absolutely crazy.

7.5/10

Sully.

After the borefest of last nights film. I knew I could rely on our very own Tom Hanks to deliver.

8.687/10.

Once upon a time in Hollywood at the Tamworth Odeon last night.

Pretty good I thought. Like all his recent films it's a long movie, nearly 3 hours but entertaining throughout. Good performances, especially from Brad Pitt who was very good.

A tad messy and meandering at times but again I always found it entertaining so despite the fact it would probably be better if it were shorter I'm not too sorry it isn't which I definitely couldn't say about inglorious bastard's or the hateful 8.

I'd definitely recommend it. 8/10.

Rocketman.

It was OK. Not the best biography I've ever seen. Not the best musical I've ever seen.

6 out of 10

I really liked it. Mainly because I thought it might be similarly done as Bohemian Rhapsody . But it was so different. Was it badged as a musical?. I hadn't realised before but while watching thought that i would be very surprised if it didn't end up at the West End.

Turns out Elton John was gay then. That was a shock.

I liked the plot arc, but the first was definitely the best as it had a plot as well as the graphic wow factor.

Given he's dead, I'm sceptical - unless Keanu et al feature as a flashback in effect and they update the story ala the new Rocky's???

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Thought it was a bit slow, and some of the side stories a little pointless if I'm honest.

It got better towards the end but certainly not one of Tarrentino's finest efforts I don't think.

Beautifully shot as always, great soundtrack as always, great acting as always but as an entire film, something was lacking.

Might be better on a 2nd viewing though. I remember not liking Inglorious Basterds first time round but love it now.

Thought it was a bit slow, and some of the side stories a little pointless if I'm honest.

It got better towards the end but certainly not one of Tarrentino's finest efforts I don't think.

Beautifully shot as always, great soundtrack as always, great acting as always but as an entire film, something was lacking.

Might be better on a 2nd viewing though. I remember not liking Inglorious Basterds first time round but love it now.

I found the Hitler thing at the end of IB turned the whole thing into a farce.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

I enjoyed it, but think I would have preferred to watch it at home, with my feet up because it is fairly slow. As Dean says, "Beautifully shot as always, great soundtrack as always, great acting as always..."

It was a fairly unique take on the era. Some very funny bits in it as well.

7.78/9.99

:wack::wack::wack:

lol.

I was tempted to go and tell them to put the air conditioning on, but couldn't be arsed to move to be honest!!!

Great performances from DiCaprio and Brad Pitt but poorly edited I thought. The soundtrack was dynamite.

F and F hobbs and Shaw
It's gone down the route of the road last couple of fast and furious films and then some. It's almost like a super hero film with idris elba's character.
The film itself was ok. Couldn't take it in properly as the others didn't seem to get out much. Clapping constantly, laughing at lines that just wasn't funny. The girl next to me kept clapping her hands on her thighs and rubbing her thighs.
But then it was in Amsterdam maybe that's what there like over there.

7/10