What was the last film you watched | Page 431 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

The Getaway

Movie from 1994 I'd seen as a kid starring Alec Baldwin, Kim Basinger, Michael Madsen, James Woods and a young Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Guns and heists and sleazy electric guitar soundtrack. Classic 90's action stuff. I think it's a remake of an older film and didn't get great reviews but I think it's a fun movie. Plus Kim Basinger gets her kit off more than once.

7/10

For me, it's just a story. It's a great story, like Shawshank but it's not the kind of film like Calvary, The Matrix or 3 Billboards that make you think about things a little deeper, if you know what I mean.

It's because it's a true story that makes it for me.

In other news.

Interesting discussion at the dinner table the other night.
Films that should never be remade. A suggestion being the possibility of a Back to the future remake.

I nearly spat my dinner out.

Never. No way. Don't even think about it was my take on the subject.

In other news.

Films that should never be remade. A suggestion being the possibility of a Back to the future remake.

They'd better bloody well not. My favourite films ever.

In other news.

Kinda but not really. Did you ever see any of the stuff about the real Henry Hill?

Yeah. Read both his books. Although can't really remember how close the film relates to them. I don't seem to recall much disparity.

My Blue Heaven was written about the same guy. There is at least one documentary online about him where he comes across as quite thick.

Disney has announced it's going to remake Home Alone for its new streaming service.

The studio's chief exec Bob Iger said there will also be "reimaginations" of Night At the Museum, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Cheaper By the Dozen.

By 're-imagine', I believe they mean, 'make shit'.

Bird box.

The Netflix end of the world type film with Sandra Bullock.

Was great for 3/4 then got boring and lost interest.