What was the last film you watched | Page 430 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

The Boxer

I had seen it years ago but had another watch. Daniel Day Lewis plays an ex-IRA volunteer who tries to go straight after leaving prison, and helps set up a local boxing gym. Good movie.

8/10

Live and Let Die

Bond No.8. First of the Roger Moore era. Definitely more comedic in places, I enjoyed it despite not having the greatest Bond villain, some some guy selling heroin or something. But what can I say about a young Dr. Quinn - Medicine Woman or Solitaire as she's called. Phowaaar! Hubba Hubba! Gigitty Gigitty!

7.5/10

The theme song is the only Paul McCartney song worth listening to. Fact.

The Great Hack on Netflix. A documentary film really about the background to Cambridge Analytica. A sobering 90 or so minutes about how your personal data is being used to influence elections, referendums et al.

John Wick. Half decent action film. Man kills lots of other men coz some guy killed his dog. Bit OTT.

A Ghost Story. Without doubt the slowest film I've ever seen. Very odd with a disappointing ending. No doubt some people will love the artiness and emotion of it and I'll be seen as unintelligent but it didn't do anything for me other than bore me.

Yes, like the John Wick films, they are silly, ott, all action, but great to switch off the old mind and watch.

A Ghost Story. Without doubt the slowest film I've ever seen. Very odd with a disappointing ending. No doubt some people will love the artiness and emotion of it and I'll be seen as unintelligent but it didn't do anything for me other than bore me.

It's only after I looked it up I realised I've already seen it, that's how forgettable I think it was. Not sure I even made it to the end. You're right, pretentious wank.

Interstellar, missed this when it first came out. Very thought provoking

8/10

Really enjoyed it when I saw it at the cinema. Strange really as I didn't have a clue what was going on especially when he was behind the book case

The Man With The Golden Gun

Bond No.9. I had heard this wasn't one of the best ones, so with low expectations I enjoyed it. I can see why it was a bit panned, it could have been a lot better especially having the brilliant Christopher Lee playing what is one of the best Bond villains up to this point. He should have had far more scenes.

Was there really any need to bring back that hick cop from the previous film? The sound effect as they drove the car across the bridge summed up how it was a bit too comedic in places.

I would give it a lower score, but Christoper Lee adds an extra point.

007/10

The American - in spite of George Clooney starring as a hitman, it's a very slow film. It's much more like an arty film than a Hollywood shindig. It's not a bad film, just a bit too slow for 2019. 6/10